Dear TKZee

April 13, 2010 by

Dear TKZee,

Seeing that Skwatta Kamp refuses to listen to me and do a video for Sgubhu, here’s a request from Twitter to you.

tk

TKZ

RESEARCH lol

Morena

Tkz33tkzz

tkz2

58 days to go…you guys can do this! We dont need anyone to make it official, we’ll make it official ourselves.  We need a song for Bafana Bafana (not the Mzwakhe Mbuli one) Please *puppy face*

JC Readers, you agree, right? hehehe

Shugasmakx Is Calling Home (New Video)
Jozi Insider Gets Cheeky At Brutal Fruit Launch
Maybe You Were Good Enough When He Was Broke

Comments

49 Comments on "Dear TKZee"

1. Tweets that mention Dear TKZee | Just Curious -- Topsy.com on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 1:47 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Just Curious. Just Curious said: Dear TKZee http://bit.ly/9SnLiq [...]

2. Bee on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 2:00 am

Yep bt mna i’ll listen to ‘Waving flag’ by K’naan meanwhile.

3. Brown Shuga on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 2:14 am

Lol! Bee!

So, TKZee, like I was saying:

getting the boys in the WC squad might be an issue due to travel/time etc but there are those who aren’t selected in the squad but might be keen to support their boys so I hope they’ll consider this.

Just tell us which players you want, we’ll get them for u! *side eyes Mohlomi*

4. soul sista on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 2:49 am

This recycling of songs really killed music/song writers’ creativity. I’m sure nobody even thought of it (SW anthem), except you.

I think its too little too late BS, by the time they go and ask for Josh Groban’s song & remix it it will be June.

5. Lela on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 3:58 am

Shibobo as it is no remix nothing we just want shibobo.

6. Nonkawu on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 5:49 am

Yes yes yes Bee Knaan Wavin Flag is the ish! BS nam i don know why Skwatta aint pushing Sgubhu!

7. Bruised Ego on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 7:01 am

Mina I think all the SA singers (talented ones) should collaborate and come up with something Presh, coz the tkzee song is history now

Something fresh & new will do it for SA

Or kanjani magenge? Lol

8. find-a on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 7:15 am

Tkzee is so passè, a collab wit dif artist like d Shout song would work, d video should def feature Tshepo Masilela& Kagisho Dikgacoi(Boiling lava Hotness).

9. Dladla on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 7:41 am

Oh my gosh, it’s still April?! Tjo, I cannot wait for July. Atleast this whole World Cup thing will be over by then.

If it’s not SA singers complaining for not being included in the the opening concert, it’s TV ads making this WC as if it’s a black thing.As if these foreigners will come to SA to see black culture. Hello, SA is not for blacks only. Now, Ms Brown Shuga wants Tkzee to re-release an old song?

Why not suggest they come up with a new song? Khona, why should everyone release a world cup song? Isn’t Nkosi sikelela enough?

“Sangena, sangena, sangeeenaa…”- Gosh, Ms Redi Direko, LOL’.

Anyway, the weather is fine in Jozi. The Gods must be in a good mood…

10. Brown Shuga on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 7:52 am

Dladla, am being realistic. How possible is it for anyome to come up with a song as brilliant as Shibobo THIS late?

Shout was a kak song, u won’t hear any black person in SA blazing that ish ekazi. It has nothing on Shibobo. There is so much they can do with the new video , Matthew Booth can give them his Bafana footage… I’m gona be mad if they don’t listen to this idea

11. sh on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 8:06 am

The Gimme Hope Jo’anna hit-maker has done a song for Bafana called Feel It, It is Here.

12. Kazisongo on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 8:27 am

I agree with BS Shibobo is still hot! They should just change the names of the players and siyaya eFrance to eMzansi thats it! If they they don’t then K’naan it is.

13. Brown Shuga on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 8:28 am

Mist be SABC’s

14. Kazisongo on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 8:34 am

@BS uthini?

15. J.A.Y. on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 8:39 am

Eric hit the nail on the head!!!

Digital downloads – all proceeds -> CHARITY.

The song will have to be re-done and maybe slightly remixed…seeing that the lyrics were specific to the World Cup in France.

A collaboration with a lot more artists would be the BEST!

Someone please talk to TKZEE!!!

16. soul sista on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 8:51 am

C’mon guys we’ve heard enough of TKZee I(we) need young blood, abuti Zwai will over do the Shibobo song until it loses the melody and you’ll regret it.

17. Brown Shuga on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 8:53 am

Soul Sista, let’s be specific coz these people r gona read this. Which young blood do u want?

18. sponono on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 9:00 am

NOOOOO to Zwai…maybe that JR fella and some hhp Kabelo still HAs it…add Bantu soul and Black coffee to mix and mash nicely

19. Bongi on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 9:21 am

Shibobo is still hot..yhoo i bought that cd last year isa rocker big time.. hey lekker lekker fish and chips..to the north south and ….yho u Benni esene heavy cape flats accents…samenza umntu shame ….

20. Jellie on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 9:31 am

haay sponono plz no blk kofi and no hhp had enuf o these guyz! hw bout doc shebeleza lol

21. nan on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 9:45 am

and dont forget to pick the cute guys tu so that we can get an eye full :-)

some of us watch soccer for the candy and nothing moreeeeee
    so the vid should be interesting and no parading around naked women it should be strictly male hey…

and i promise it would get so many hits

o and no fratsi chests here

22. Fruity on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 9:56 am

Doc shebeleza Jellie, pls pls pls dont encourage him. lol.

23. bonangmubishame on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 9:58 am

Oh yes!!! I support this call!!! Revamp the song and add some new soccer player, not Booth… Booth has become such a token white soccer player celebrity… Someone like Khune coz he has THE most difficult job and that is to save goals like crazy…

24. Kurupt on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 10:05 am

To all guyz who think we should remix shibobo.Its a brilliant idea but we’ll some1 who can hit shibobos in dat remix,who do we have?
    And de arfikaans accent by benni made dat ish all dat.
    If we can think along those lines we can be singing siyaya emzansi halakasha.
    I’m busy playin shibobo remixing it myself.Nang’uya ngena u modise shibobo

25. Brown Shuga on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 10:11 am

We can’t have Modise, Tshabalala, Khune for management reasons. So the injured Morgan Gould, etc.

26. Mathaz on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 10:30 am

Shibobo still rocks and i admit that Benni’s accent had a nice feel to the song, how about Gert in Benni’s place??

27. Kazisongo on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 10:33 am

I dont think we should replace Benni yet, I’ve got a feeling that he is gonna be recalled

28. Dols on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 11:04 am

Ok guys do not stress i will release a song for u… pls suppor! dankie!

29. sponono on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 11:10 am

JR has the Benni coloured accent on that “show dem” track…lol

30. soul sista on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 12:01 pm

Eish BS I myself I’m clueless when it comes to young blood sinsce I only listen to the likes of Spokes H…LOL but hey, JR, Jozi minus Ishmael (but he is still relevant/ageless), the so over crowded Skwatta Camp, lemme just say some1 current and energetic (but not Chomee & the likes).

Agree with seponono Black Coffee is ok.

Please Zwai No No! It rather be just TK without Zee…

31. verolicious on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 12:04 pm

BS I couldnt agree with u more, that song rocks!!! I told my sister the same thing over the weekend, we really need this song back.

32. Kay on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 12:13 pm

A song is a brilliant idea but it has 2 b released asap 4 us 2 sing along 2 it by june. I suggest it b strictly kwaito cos it’s a genre dat started here in mzansi. I agree dat it shud hv no half naked gals

33. Amstar on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 12:27 pm

I agree with u BS. I luv it as it is & wudnt want it 2 b remixed but just change the player’s names,eg, Mntungwa, Mkhelele,etc. Instead of “Nang’uyangen’uMntungwa, shibobo yadlula” it can b changed 2 “Nang’uyangen’ uTeko, shibobo yadlula”.
    Benni musn’t b replaced,he gave it the oomph,
    “1 for TKZee, 1 for Bafana, 1 for bantwana, 1 for Madiba”

34. Lindakie on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 1:05 pm

Thats a gud idea. Tjo tht song stil gives me *chicken skin* wen i listen 2 it. I remember in 1998 it was lyk a national anthem in Namibia. that song was played in every corner of the country. 4rm taxis 2 shebeens. I so hope they wil do it again. kipin my fingers crosd.

35. Lela on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 1:39 pm

I stiil mantain we want Shibobo Bennni and all that’s the only song that can do justice to this world cup I’m telling you that song did wonders even for those soccer players it was like the Madiba magic and y’all know we can do with anything that will encourage Bafana.

36. J.A.Y. on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 1:45 pm

During the WC in France – I actually had the SHIBOBO CD cover on my wall – that’s how huge and influential the song was — let’s not forget that it was very emotional too…

BRING BACK SHIBOBO!

37. Brown Shuga on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 2:27 pm

“1 for TKZee, 1 for Bafana, 1 for bantwana, 1 for Bra Zuma” ooh aaah, ek laag hulle dans!

38. Lindakie on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 3:18 pm

Lol 4 bra zuma

39. Sboshi on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 3:30 pm

YEBO YES bring back SHIBOBO asseblief! twas & still is the BOMB!, the country will soon get used to it again no sweat @ all!
    in fact how about it being in line up during the opening……
    sumthyn to think about……..

40. Cheesa on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 3:39 pm

Whatever they do it would be great if they feature players who are in the squad not someone who will be watching the World Cup like us, maybe Kagiso Dikgasho, Teko, Tshabalala etc.

41. Thoks on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 3:44 pm

I can write a hit song for Bafana…just that we really on few creatives in this country and when they run out of juice we squill

42. Bee on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 4:25 pm

Miss BS u r such a genius lol please tell TKZEE bangasiphoxi ke i rememba how much people wanted them to come back basuka babhatyaza. And if they consider yo idea Miss BS plz tell them no Hip-hop only Kwaito ezasekasi plz. Futhi they mst give a share of 15%.

43. Nthatisi on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 4:26 pm

LOL 1 for bra Zuma hahaha BS! I say no to TKZ they’ll just mess up their beautiful song. Maybe JR, HHP…lapho nje but those two have got to be there. NO Mandoza tu!

44. Bee on Tue, 13th Apr 2010 4:28 pm

Yo i meant to say they give YOU a share of 15%.

45. shibobogal on Wed, 14th Apr 2010 5:38 am

Yho BS u kill me!” 1 4 bra Zuma”…classic! Eish dnt know if TKZ still have it in them thou. Have they not reached their sell by date? (just asking). Hayi wethu, these Souss-African artists did not take up the innitiative to do something like TKZ did back then…as far as I know they weren’t asked to…but manje la ma artists ethu are too busy chasing after ama opening shows eWC!Sorry to politicise al this mara, as u can see there is an element of waiting for government and FIFA to do something…Anyway love Shibobo! Always will…guess I’ll be rocking K’naan for now :-(

46. jellytot on Wed, 14th Apr 2010 8:34 am

lets hope the sabc theme song is a good one, they had almost 900 entries to choose from. *love the intro to the shibobo song, was it sampled from somewhere?*

47. jellytot on Wed, 14th Apr 2010 8:36 am

*kadi kong kong kong kong kong, ke dipapadi, ka di kong kong kong kong kong, blah blah bla,* dont know what they say when they start singing!

48. sk on Wed, 14th Apr 2010 11:44 am

Tltltltltl @ 1 for Bra Zuma” ooh aaah, ek laag hulle dans!, I do agree wit Bs , ze song is brilliant & still kickin , they shud remove france & replace it wit Mzansi ….big up to TKZee u Rock guys…

49. Flo on Wed, 14th Apr 2010 4:03 pm

“Sangena, sangena, sangeeenaa…”- Gosh, Ms Redi Direko, LOL’.

LMAO!!!”It’s tripple dolly”. I don’t know what the hell Redi was thinking when she agreed to be part of those ads. At least koko Yvonne Chakalaka wa zama nyana.