Chris Brown’s BET Performance: WOW!!

June 28, 2010 by

36091_136131853080514_131368696890163_324690_1036359_n

Oh man, I have seen tributes to Michael Jackson before but this is the best one ever! So much emotion, passion and love in the way Chris Brown honoured MJ and even his “insert H word” will feel a bit of love for the young man after this.

Check out the perfomance on the video below…

Amazing hey? He starts crying when “Man In The Mirror” starts and you ain’t gotta have Chris Brown’s history or be up on a stage performing for that song to make you all emotional so I totally understand why he broke down and couldn’t sing.

Chris has always looked up to Michael and when all the “MJ tributes” and this or that were done, he was still in the dog box for the Rihanna incident and more than anything Chris needed this break to finally get a chance to honour his idol the way he should be honoured,as well as to remind us why he is famous: His talent.

36091_136131836413849_131368696890163_324686_1861579_n

I still can’t help but wonder if Rihanna rolled her eyes at these tears…

The winner list of the BET Awards 2010 is as follows:

YoungStars Award: Keke Palmer
Best Movie: Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire
Subway Sportswoman of the Year: Serena Williams
Subway Sportsman of the Year: LeBron James
Viewers Choice Nominees: Rihanna featuring Young Jeezy – Hard
Centric Award: Monica
Best International Act: Dizzee Rascal (UK)

ChrisIMG

The networks of Television Production
More Pics: Hansa Legends Tour
Winners: 2012 SA Sports Awards

Comments

50 Comments on "Chris Brown’s BET Performance: WOW!!"

1. Cheesa on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:07 am

Huuuu!! I can so shoot myself in the head right now as I’m not able to see this nxa! But I’ll try. I once watch some awards on SABC where Chris Brown was paying tribute to Michael Jackson performing Thriller at some. His performance was electrifying, he was doing it like MJ in his days. I was speachless. Michael Jackson was there he recieved a lifetime award and his award had a big diamond on top. This boy is one of the greatest performers forget Usher, Chris Brown is the IT!!

2. Cheesa on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:09 am

‘on SABC3′, ‘performing at some awards’

3. Cheesa on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:16 am

Congrats to the winners especially Alicia Keys (konje what is her Zulu name and that of her unborn baby that they were given in KZN? Anyone who was at the ceremony please share), Beyonce (does she have to win every year), JayZ, Monique and Precious.

4. soul sista on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:32 am

Hey BS the video has been removed.
    If only you had seen my smile when I saw pictures of Chris performing yesterday. I was touched and happy that finally he was not being judged and got a gig.

I’ll have to find the vid and watch.

As for Rihanna… hmmm the less said about her the better, she bores me to death

5. Lehakoe on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:41 am

Well done to Dizzy. I really like the collab he does with Florence and the Mechanics….. Well deserved.
    I love love love Chris. That Riri incident has been a smokescreen for far too long now. This boy is talented…finish and klaar.

6. Kiki on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:50 am

Cheesa, yes It was The World Music Awards where Breezy performed Thriller. I remember very well,I even shed a tear during that act coz everything was on point,the dress code,dancers,singing the works.

I am a Trey Songz fan and I glad he won best rnb.

7. Brown Shuga on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 7:29 am

I’ve updated the video, back on, thanks.

8. Lue on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 7:31 am

Love this Chris Brown…I have forgiven him…can’t see the vid…will check it out on YOUTUBE…Nicki minaj does not have n album out kodwa she is already collecting awards already…I like her raps…not a A.Keys fan kodwa she deserves her award shem….when is SABC 1 replaying the BET awards?

9. Nthatisi on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 8:14 am

I’ve always loved CB. I forgave him the same week he hit Riri. Then I moved. This kid is talented and no one can take that away even. I saw on twitter that CB was the best performer. I am sad he did not win:( Not that I don’t like Trey he’s also damn good! I’m HAPPY that Nicky Minaj won. DRAAAAAAKE my boy also made it! I’m happy! Mara not that happy bout the best sportsman wish twas someone else.

10. Fezzy on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 8:30 am

Uyabhora uRihana shame. Im glad they broke up.

11. Makgotso on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 8:50 am

Im glad Marvin Sapp won love his music.

12. Uthando on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 8:59 am

congrats to the winners…..
    To CB keep your head up high boy kuzolunga

13. FunkyFK on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 9:01 am

Did I see my hubby’s name up there – IDRIS ELBA – he deserves it. Oh, he is one of the few guys who make me go weak on my knees. I generally like them clean and a little bit ghetto and he has that in him. Ohhh, me having a beautiful day.

BS, didnt you have pics of him (IE) to display up there? Please man, ima kancinci ngo Chris Brown, he is a small boy – you cant put Chris Brown in the same article no Idris – IDRIS IS THE MAN.

OK, going back to the topic at hand. CB was lip synching.
    uIdris uyangihlanyisa man – eish – I only watched ‘The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency’ just to see him. And he did not disappoint me – wearing a white casual linen suit. he looked ruff – I love him. Lemme go stalk him on twitter

14. Lady gaga on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 9:02 am

Im so happy for CB, he did me proud with this perfomance. shame he’s been through a lot,and u cud see this meant a lot to him. i even cried when he cudn’t sing that last song bcs he was emotional,crying,i wished i cud hold him and tell him everything will be ok and he’s the best. Man i love this guy,such talent!!!

15. Uthando on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 9:05 am

i agree with you FunkyFK inhle nyani lendoda….

but I’m so glad Precious the movie won and

eish umndeni ka Beyonce no Jay Zee bekumele nje bathathe something ayi labantu bayadina nyani ke ngoku

16. Lady gaga on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 9:05 am

Oh yes congratulations to Miss Alicia Keys, she rocks!!

17. MissA on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 10:07 am

off the topic: @ fezzy, there was an article which was on jc a few weeks ago think it was fashion week, u and mama ka gundi were telling people where they can get azania’s hair piece, could u pls post that again. think the article has been taken down. Thanks.

18. kazisongo on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 10:27 am

Tjo FunkyFK the way you went on about Idris I had to google him just to see for myself.

19. LindZ on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 10:30 am

Yawwwwwwnnnnn crocodile tears he’s still a woman basher in my eyes….. Got a long way to go kid.

20. Buhlebonga on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 10:59 am

… I don’t like woman beaters generally, but hey that doesn’t stop me from admiring teh performance, so well done CB.
    I’m glad Rihanna won that award! That album was just so underrated, but look how many hits it has churned out?
    Alicia Keys… I forgot the name, but I have pictures, so MsLeloB if you want…
    But why weren’t B, Riri and Jay Z at the BET Awards??? And that Bieber boy…

21. Fezzy on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 11:05 am

MissA, its in Newtown in that new block of flats.

22. J.A.Y on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 11:28 am

I wouldn’t say WOW – but it was a good performance.

I mean – nobody can dance like MJ – but the kid gets full marks for trying.

The whole crying thing at the end was a #FAIL – he should’ve cried during rehearsals. I hope they’ll cut his pay for that lil’ stunt…oh wait… I bet BET asked him to do that anyway…so…never mind. All award ceremonies need a talking point.

Congratulations to YoungMoney for taking over – Weezy must be smiling in prison.

23. Kiki on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 11:31 am

Woman basher or not, Breezy is good at what he does. He performs way better than the non woman bashers and i would spend my money on him with no regrets coz my satisfaction will be quaranteed.

Besides…that phongo phongo deserved it coz uyaspeeda.*NOT HIDING*

24. bongi on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 11:48 am

sjo indisokolisile le registration process..Hi guys…for those abangana sitya ibukelekaphi le show?..Shame Cris Brown deserves a second chance yazi…u R Kelly mos wayifumana yena for izono ezinkulu, nikani lomntana ichance mani ..

25. Cinnabon on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:13 pm

Chris Brown is really talented…*singing Amaponi’s Jealous Down*

26. Keenyah on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:17 pm

Cant see the Video but I’m so glad my baby is out there sharing his amazig talent with us again..gosh it’s bout high time he did too…Love CB to bits…

27. kakapana on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:30 pm

i love me some Trey Songz….those lips

28. Enkosi on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:43 pm

Sorry Kiki but I can’t resist… “quaranteed” *dead*

29. Fezzy on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 12:51 pm

Hayi vele Kiki bamshaye kancane uSphongo

30. MissA on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 1:17 pm

@ Fezzy, thanks konje what is the hair piece called? There are lot of shops in Newtown,name? I rember u guys said its R90.

31. Nokxie on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 1:26 pm

I so wish I could see it………CB is cool

I always said if klapping someone once in a while lets him belt out a killer song like Crawl, I would gladly volunteer to be his inspiration (LOL)

Ayi sesikhathele u Riri na ma dark songs akhe, udinga umthandazo shame

32. faith on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 1:34 pm

he is great in the video, his dancing is just so unbelievable at some points of the performance you’d think Michael Jackson himself is dancing. The performance really shows how sorry he is for what he did to Rihanna but one thing for sure he will never beat up a woman again bcoz he knows the price for it. Great choice of song to sing as well – Man in the Mirror. Great performance. For those who haven’t seen the video heres the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIvLGi2_mjQ

33. Enkosi on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 1:38 pm

I don’t see the vid clearly maybe that is why it’s neither here nor there for me. Otherwise I’m no fan of CB shame even before the Riri incident.

34. Bee on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 2:28 pm

Good one Chris Breezy. My love goes to my two gals who won the award Alicia Mkhize and HOT Nicki Minaj. Nicki u rule babe period.

35. fabulicious on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 2:43 pm

Tjo finally registered bathong! Well done mis Keys!

36. Cheesa on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 3:40 pm

Eke Kiki I knew someone would remember, it was those World Music Awards. His outfit, dancers costumes, dance moves and all was what you see in the video of Thriller. He was amazing so I can imagine how great this performance was. As for him breaking down I don’t think those were crocodile tears. I think he maybe thought about what has happened in his career since the Rihana saga, which had him banned in other countries from doing what he does best, performing hence he gave that performance his all and even cried. And yes he might have thought of his idol MJ too. Hayi uChris Brown is one talented kid at least now people will be talking about something that has to do with his career.

37. FunkyFK on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 3:42 pm

Did I mention that CB was lip synching?

38. KayGee on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 4:30 pm

Feel sad for Chris. He forfeited the most sort after ass in the business! = kakakakakakakakakakakakakak!

39. KayGee on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 4:37 pm

I’m horny guys.

40. kazisongo on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 4:42 pm

Hawu kaygee!

41. NthabiVDK on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 4:53 pm

hehe..Alicia my gal…well done..@kaygee…mhm

42. soul sista on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 5:06 pm

Hehehe maybe if CB was OJ Simpson people could have forgiven him… cant people just move on and give the guy a break…

43. sithe1 on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 5:44 pm

….u Chris Brown akayekele ukutetema and man-up..!!

44. Cnglema on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 10:02 pm

Showee finally! yerre!umsebenzi ongaka.

45. Cnglema on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 10:04 pm

hayi maan Lelo ukusisokolisa kangaka! efonini kengoku izosebenza leway?

46. Mogwanthi on Tue, 29th Jun 2010 10:07 pm

sigh* just wen i was about to watch the video! Am i the only one getting messages about BET claiming copyright??

47. KayGee on Wed, 30th Jun 2010 9:41 am

@NthabiVDK; Mwah! Want to chat off the record?

48. NthabiVDK on Wed, 30th Jun 2010 10:00 am

@kaygee….hope u not still horny…

49. J.A.Y on Wed, 30th Jun 2010 12:40 pm

BET should’ve used these kids instead of CRY BROWN.

LOL @ their accent though.

50. KayGee on Thu, 1st Jul 2010 5:29 pm

@NthabiVDK; Hey love, I’m okay now. Let’s chat… kmabitle@yahoo.com

You must be logged in to post a comment.