They Get Us Talking
Guest Blog By Menperc
They say entertainment is a harsh industry well I think people like Nestum, Twins, Amaponi, Sgonondo & Pop Stars groups are living proof because they are nowhere to be seen, death by “one hit wonders”…Well as they say its either you work your juices out or phumelaynini, one minute you’re famous, the next you’re a “who was” or a nobody!
On the other hand we have the “heroes and heroines” of the industry, they will never disappear, they are everywhere, whether its good or bad news they always know how to get us talking! Here are these celebs who know how to remain relevant, in no particular order:
1. Uyanda Mbuli – love her or hate her, this is a woman with a “never say die” attitude. I always wondered what is this blonde woman’s claim to fame, I knew her when she used to rock those blonde weaves, then got to know she was Mrs Globe, but to me she’s Mrs Norris, that’s the person I associate her with, Chuck Norris.
She has something in common with Norris because you will never hear the end of these two, you remember those etv Chuck Norris movies that were always on our screens during weekends and those never ending Chuck Norris tweets, yes Uyanda is like that too, you’ll find her at a certain event, she will grace magazines covers and newspapers headlines. She will get you talking, her son Landa being a player escort during the World Cup, and she even posted a tweetphoto of her new Porsche car and how can I forget, DFC.
I like her, she knows how to remain relevant.
2. Ishmael - Ok I have to give it to this guy, we got to know him as a kwaito singer, you remember waar was jy, then it was robaleteka, then he switched to ‘avulekile amasango’ which is a gospel song. While we were still on that spiritual tip, he crossed the floor and worked with Jozi and released a hip hop album, ok wow!!..
Then he got us really talking when there were rumors that him and Puff Johnson are dating, who would have thought?….. Since then, Ishmael has not looked back!
3. Thembi Seete - first things first I want to know how old is she, because she looks young to me! When Lebo Mathosa passed on I thought it was over with Thembi. She surprised me, she even showed us her real talents, its like she’s trying to prove to us that even without Lebo she’s still got it.
From Zone 14 to Jika Majika, she gets us talking, I remember she was the best dressed this year at the J&B Met, she released a hot album and she scored a SAMA nomination, she’s also nominated for the 2010 Channel O Music Video Awards. Who doesn’t know this nice song she did with her boyfriend Bo from Denim? Wow Thembi is not going anywhere!
4. Oskido - This is a DJ who made me love house music, I’m not sure though if his albums are still as hot as they were back in high school, but he is working hard. Seeing the documentary Vuma: A music revolution on SABC 1, we know what he’s up to and introduced to us artists like Zonke, DJ Zinhle etc. His name will always pop up when there are articles written about Tina. To prove to you that he really gets us talking, he called DJ Sbu on Metro meanwhile he was also live on YFM.
To cut a long story short he sees Sbu as a threat since he joined Metro and I thought no ways, Oskido must have been drunk when he called Sbu, but who cares? He got us talking and he is gonna release a 10th commandment album, ain’t that BOSS??.
5. Kuli Roberts - You would hate to hate this woman, she is the famous b!tch who’s not afraid to speak her mind. If you know “Bitches Brew” then you know I’m not being silly or ‘high’, but I’m speaking the truth. If you’re old like me lol, you will know that she used to act on Kwabazidenge, she replaced Dineo on Real Goboza and she is currently hosting the new TV show, Headlines. She will get you talking and she will expose all the dirt about men, and is the only celeb I know who embraces haters… do you know her t-shirts ‘I HATE KULI’???…well now you know why she’s relevant.
These celebs have sustained their status in the industry, I wish other celebs can also do the same. I don’t think this industry is really that harsh, you just have to work your way up. We’ve known these celebs since the 90s and they are still standing. Let me just say that these celebs are showing others how its done!!!
By Menperc ©