L-Tido’s All Or Nothing Launch

July 4, 2011 by

Why on earth would you launch your album in Fourways? Well L-Tido and his team made that mistake. On Thursday night, I braved the cold and went to Tanz Cafe in Fourways to attend L’Tido’s album launch and it was a sad sight.

As usual when we got there with my side kicks we were not on the guest list, even though we had accepted the invite. We negotiated our way in and to my disappointment the club was empty.

When we got there with our VIP tags, I expected free liquor as Hansa was the sponsor, kuphi? We had to buy our own liquor. The m’rappers started coming in, in their over sized clothes, it looked like mini New York.

The moment we all had been waiting for arrived when the main man L-Tido hit the stage. He performed songs from his album and the Glitz Gays my bad, meant Gang joined him on stage. The performance was great, L-Tido is really good in this hip hop thing.

What caught my ear in his performance was when he took jabs at Relo.Well it’s mean but kinda funny. In one of his lines he goes “Till the fat Lady sings RELO”.

From what I heard that evening, All Or Nothing is gonna be a hit album. Look out for a track featuring Nigerian superstar Banky W called “It aint my fault.”

We know AKA and L-Tido don’t like each other that much, and I have been fortunate enough to attend both their launches and listening session so in my honest opinion, I think L-Tido has the best album but you know what they say about opinions, they are like a**holes, everyone has one.

I saw a couple of hip hop heads who came up to support L-Tido. Hip Hop DJs  Milkshake, Vigilante, and Dimplez (MVD), C-Live, Ishmael from Jozi, as well as TeePee who also performed. The beautiful Bridget Khathi nee Masinga was also there to support hubby, Thabiso.

Go out and support local hip hop.

Some of L-Tido’s accolades include: Channel O Music Video Awards’ ‘Most Gifted Newcomer’ for 2010, his hit single We Rollin’ reached number 1 on the Channel O Weekly Charts, MTV Base African Chart, ETV’s Club 808 Chart and French music channel Trace TV’s Africa Top 10 Chart. He sold over 4,000 units of his self-released, self-marketed and hand-to-hand distributed mix-tape titled City of Gold.

By @Toniice ©

Twitter (Beef) Guide For Dummies!
TJO!
Testing Drama

Comments

95 Comments on "L-Tido’s All Or Nothing Launch"

1. Zeal on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:07 am

I heard that track featuring Banky W, and I must say its really good!!

2. dejane on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 4:45 am

He looks so hot in the first picture.

3. TPZ on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 5:32 am

I wish this comparison between AKA and L-tido would stop.They seem civil with each other now anyway.Don’t knw a lot of songs by Ltido bt gluck to him

4. Miss Thang on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 7:32 am

i cant spot the difference between Ltdo, Moral, Sean pages, Tido. *not hiding* these boys all sound the same 2 “ME”!

5. B.MAG on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 7:47 am

L-tido is way beta than AKA his hooks are catchy and beatz are crazy, this is gona be my first local album to be bought by me.

6. LeeLove on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 7:52 am

Ltido is hot. Love me a man with gorgeous skin

7. Nkey.. on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 8:09 am

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! Hes to die for on tha 1st pic…..

8. IamGeraldS on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 8:42 am

ha @toniice, did u have to mention that he sold 4000 units? Im nt tryn to bring down local music but 4000 units is what kanye west can sell in an hour…lol. I guess im sayn u shouldnt have put it out there as an accomplishment instead u shouldve put it as an encouragement to citizenz to buy local music…

9. B.MAG on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 8:49 am

4K units is a huge achievement to an indepedependent artist.

10. Pearlybubu on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 8:50 am

Lol @ Glitz Gayz««Kwaaaa. . .

11. B.MAG on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 8:50 am

4K units is a huge achievement to an indepedependent artist. Our music industry is small cant compare nabo kanye west.

12. Pearlybubu on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 8:52 am

@IamGeraldS yeah u ryt bwt saying that Kanye can sell 4000 units in an hour but oh well. . . We need 2 buy local music

13. Pelisa on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 10:32 am

gone are the days whe i used to support local hip hop gosh i was such a huge fan………. bayabheda nje now…will jus sit back n watch…

14. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 10:52 am

i support local music but HELL no, I am so sick and tired of these ‘fake wannabe american style hip hoppers’ yeer! And why the heck is Live playing bo-Speedy bathi bazi locals, their irritating music and music vidoes is sure killing our own culture, give me some Driemanskap kinda of hip hop i am hooked-anytime of the day nxaaaaaa!

SA hi(p)sh-ho(p)sh is not targeting us as their market , their market is too international for my liking! i will never ever buy their fucken ‘copied’ cd’s in my life!

15. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 10:54 am

”are sure” grammar error

16. Mediocrity on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 11:09 am

Greetings!!

@Toniice i’d like to clarify that the beef between L_Tido and AKA was SQUASHED eons ago!! Keep up please:)

SA music industry is too small that’s why our Hip Hop artists are more continental not necessarily international. Lol, the Kanye West album sales comparison is quite ridiculous i must add, S.A hip hop market doesn’t exactly share the same magnitude really as that of the U.S.A, come on!!

Lastly, we need to support local artists REALLY. To the person who afore mentioned only purchasing international music: trust me Kanye West doesnt care whether a mere South African buys his album or not!! He makes adequate sales from U.S.A and Europe ONLY!! I mean check his tours- evidently dont give a toss about you LOL. Cherity begins at home:)

17. dejane on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 11:13 am

@ Pelisa, im with you on that one. I was such a fan of local hip hop back in the day. I was a huge fan of Skwatta Kamp, Proverb, Amu, H20, Optical Illusion,Amu, Selwyn..
    I’m not feeling the new acts on the scene, i dont know maybe im old school like that.

I admire their hustle though. I think the Hip Hop Scholar is doing a great job at marketing L-Tido.

18. ladyfunk on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 11:19 am

im not much of a fan ya Hip-hop but love the “we rolling”track. good luck to him

19. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 11:31 am

@Medio….trust me my ears hear ‘international sound than continental *hope you are not L-tido or his manager*
    Charity must start at the studio, if you wnat me to support you as your fellow local buyer, target me in your music, dont copy or try to overdo what’s already been there.

For instance Speedy’s new song case: *not trying to take LTido’s shine here* —you can actually mistake the song with Black Eyed Peas.

LTido’S ‘we rolling” is just one of those Nas, PDiddy SONGS That say we have it all songs”

SA hip-hoppers must shock us like what others did with Kwaito and not add more filth of American version songs, we have HHP and others already doing that!

20. Mediocrity on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 11:45 am

Oh wow lol first Mediocrity is said to be Nonhle now i’m speculated to be L_Tido?? Cant get enough of this LOL

@Lu…the production is current- whats wrong with keeping up with what’s FRESH?? What happened to Hip Hop being a MOVEMENT- dont recall it ever being stationary o_0. There’s a vast difference between Hip Hop decades ago and NOW.

Err…really. Do you know anything about production of music?? If you wanna stick to your Biggie/Pac music- ey thats cool, stay stale but dont bring down an artists who’s just trying to make it in the process.

FYI Puff and em still make bread off singing bout their possessions and ish LOL do i perhaps smell a progress hater?? #asyouwere

21. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 11:53 am

funny that i smelled taht word hater coming from you!

Listen Medio– as a hip-hop fan, i know what i want to hear &BUY, and let me just say if this is what you call progress damn Hip -hoppers will die poor ke! So you think i should go to music school to know taht hip-hop is progressing! hhhheheheh

I say the future oF SA HIP-HOP:is Driemanskap, Zulu love letter kinda of music, wena rant and rave I can’t sing to save my life but i damn sure know what i want to hear and buy!!!!!!!!

22. cijimpi on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 11:59 am

BEST OF LUCK to this boy..
    from the singles i’v heard from radio (album sounds good)..
    if i had money i would buy.
    Good Question Toniice, why Fourways and have an empty venue?
    apparently there were over 5,000 people (says @Ltido’s twitt) at Joes Butcher yesterday..

23. dejane on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 12:23 pm

I think its important that these artist go back to perfoming e kasi (not just e Soweto). By doing so you will drawing in large crowds of people that arent into the club scene or cant afford to see one performing at a club because we all know clubbing isnt that cheap.

24. Mediocrity on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 12:24 pm

@Lusta keep your panties on!! Lol, there’s absolutely no need for you to be throwing your toys around honey. Never intended to startle you like that man. My sincerest apologies *fetches pacifier for you* nothing personal here- just a blog, okay honey??:)

No one is inflicting anything upon you, okay honey?? The constitution’ll never allow that, okay?? Just dont try recruit the rest of us to listen to your rural-looking artists your driemanskap {who also wont die any richer lol}. Are you perhaps a member lol. Some of us do like to see some bling bling thats why we do Durban July instead of your Oppikoppie.

I love one thing- NUMBERS TALK. Lets give it time to simmer a tad bit and see how All Or Nothing Does…i smell yet another O award though…hmmm…what’d you say huh??

25. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 12:31 pm

so i also wear panties….mhhhh funny that you say it’s me who’s throwing toys! let me not chow my time with your type i just cant deal!!
    PS:O.. AWRDS OR BET AWARDS…JUST NOMINATE ANYONE WHO CAN IMITATE AMERICANS BETTER..LOL.

26. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 12:33 pm

I wont even go to the Oppoikoffie vs Durban july stuff…tltltl *typical black hypocrite*
    ltido and teh rest will just fade liek the rest..gudbye..MR/MISS Durban July…pics please…lol!

27. Mediocrity on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 12:44 pm

You say you aint got time yet you commented TWICE?? Cant get enough of me or is your English vocabulary or Cerebral matter that limited, honey?? They do say though “if you cant stand the heat- get the f out the kitchen” oh that’s figurative not literal by the way okay sweetie pie?? Dont do anything drastic okay lol. Go ahead and meditate on your rural music {hope its not bootleged though} and let us urban folks be, sure hun?? Have a lovely day

28. Pelisa on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:06 pm

and their representative still want us to support local Hip Hop like really….. with that attitude!!!!

29. @JoneighGLOBAL on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:13 pm

The young man L-Tido has come a long way to get where his at now. Thabiso Khati’s leadership / guidance is quiet evident in this project. There was a point In time when L-tido used to be non-relevant but ever since he hooked up w/ Hip Hop Scholar U can tell he’s a South African hood native by his content. His flow is very mellow / laid-back / chilled & that’s what appeals to me. From what I’ve heard so far I’d give him a 7 / 10. I’m prepared to spend my dime on his art.

30. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:20 pm

Pelisa…some ppl can be insane without reason, if you must know JC page is the one sendng my comment like that..Care to give me some English lessons!!!! So praying to myself you not the Rep, you are just a mere ‘groupie’ who cant stand criticism.
    Rural or not..it is the future, being true to your African roots is IN boy *waar was jy* – tell your friend L-tido not to be stuck with the rest of ‘ American wannabees’ if he needs real money from now on!!

31. Mmaditaba on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:33 pm

Dejane i agree with you on them going bk to bo Soweto,Tembisa,Alexandra not just the burbs cause his limited tour span may be the reason the club was half empty. These loxions have aloda cats who would support him and add to his fan base.

I enjoy his mimicking the states look sound. Its laid back and cool, although he aint my favourite .. I love Driemanskap ,those cats are rural and so freshly deep, their sound wakes up the true SAn sound ..and Zuluboy,those cats don’t lie in their raps,so real like amaphela wakhabo PRO!

32. @JoneighGLOBAL on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:35 pm

Driemanskaap & L-Tido have one thing in common, both their sales aren’t doing very well period for our S.A. music industry standards. Isn’t driemanskaap a niche group? (Strictly afrikaans factor)

Fact is Hip Hop has a strong following in S.A. So U can’t use this whole excuse that the market is minute. Have U ever been to Hip Hop gigs emalokshini? The problem in sales stems from the fact that out of all the target groups, the urban market isn’t loyal no matter how good UR music is.

33. twiggs on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:37 pm

@Lustagp and the likes… If you don’t like L-Tido’s sound clearly you are not his target market, I suggest you stick to your Dramanskap lane…

34. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:48 pm

First let me just say: Twiggs and the likes..Driemaanskaap is NO Afrikaans group, watch your TV or be Current with your hip-hop news before acting macho here on JC!

Secondly this is JC article and I damn have evry right to vomit MY views about this article, if i am NO target market still let me voice my opionion just like you and everybody else please ppl, this is a democratic country afterall!!!!!
    Stick to the article NOT my comment and dont come tell me what to say here!!!!

35. Brown Shuga on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:54 pm

Driemaanskap must rethink that name… I also thought they were an Afrikaans group till I saw them on LIVE. Either re-think that name or go on a huge campaign to make us aware of
    1. The Name
    2. That they are black, sing hip hop and are not Afrikaans rock band.

All the best to L’Tido. Our artists nje must work on getting gigs, endorsements etc coz I dont see them making a living off CD sales.

36. twiggs on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 1:58 pm

You vomit views.. Lol.. We can see!

37. Brown Shuga on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 2:03 pm

Lusta, unjani? *brushing umkhaba wakho in an attempt to calm you*

38. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 2:04 pm

twiggs..who is we? how many of you? you and Medio? grow up boys this is JC and on JC i(note..I) am allowed to vomit my view about your friends whether it is sweet or not!!!!!

BS…on that note hunt them down for an interview, we need more of ‘genuine-original’ artists on this site..please!

39. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 2:10 pm

Lol…BS suka kukhona undibulisayo namhlanje*ingathi kanti uncwase lentwana ke* tlltllt

40. Mmaditaba on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 2:14 pm

Wow BS commented O_0, wow Lustagp sibonga ukubuya kwakho bhuti!
    True what BS is saying though! And yah Lustagp it will be nice to have them interviewed lana..

41. Mmaditaba on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 2:15 pm

Wow BS commented O_0, wow Lustagp sibonga ukubuya kwakho bhuti!

Lastly whether i’m a L’tido market or not,his article is here where i blog so i shall voice my opini0n about him and his music #dankiebaie ;-)

42. Mediocrity on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 2:40 pm

LMAO @Lustagp really sounds like he needs a nappy change- somebody please get that baby. Switch to Pampers, my lil niece seems to be loving them:) #goesbacktostockmarkets

43. Brown Shuga on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 2:45 pm

Hawu Maditaba… :-)

44. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 2:47 pm

switching from panties to nappies..BS who must calm down here?..hehhehe
    Mmaditaba…kukithi la tltltltltl

45. Brown Shuga on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 2:51 pm

Lusta nawe sum’hoya tltltl

46. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:00 pm

heheh BS uyakhetha kodwa, mna ndivume ndizogezelwa kithi maar, for the sake of JC’S dignity uyakusinda lomfo!!!!

47. Kiki on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:04 pm

*walks past*

48. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:05 pm

*tjovitjo—ndiyiyeke yonke lonto* my Kiki mchwahhhhh

49. mamamia on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:13 pm

hmm i smell beef, medi rare beef.
    oh well,
    ungasthati ngacane, mfanakithi asazane, we rolling we rollin we rooollllin.
    ungasthati ngacane, ubabuze gazlaam, we rolling we rolling we roolling.
    I must admit that track’s hook is catchy.

*off to google driemaanskap*

50. Kiki on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:16 pm

Dankie skat. Love you long time my Lungsta.

51. mamamia on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:18 pm

@lusta, is driemanskap the group featured in the sho’t left advert?

52. Lustagp on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:24 pm

mamamia haykabi, google dear maan – my Kiki is here ttllttl

Love u too honey, i miss you maan!

53. faith on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:33 pm

I don’t like hip hop especially local hip hop but you can give driemanskap anytime, yho Lusta that group is good hey *cues zipizza zamadoda* and so you know guys theres nothing rural about those guys they grew up and were raised in Gugulethu Cape Town so there ain’t nothing rural about them even their music style for that matter and they talk about relevant society issues.

54. Mmaditaba on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:50 pm

LOL @BS #biasness

55. Mmaditaba on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 3:54 pm

LOL @BS #biasness

LMAO@mamamia G00GLE IS YOUR FRIEND BABES!

56. SinoriMc on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 4:23 pm

Kwakwakwa I shud js say,I love mediocre(Sp) aka Nonhle Thema aka L-tdo!hahhahah

57. Luyah on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 4:38 pm

4 those who said them rapperz should go bk 2 the townships n perform there. Apperantly L_Tido already did, yesterday he was in his hood e Gomora to launch his album nd the turn out was amazing. (source: Twitter) nd mina im a big hip hop fan local n internatinal, nd i thnk L_Tido iz reali talented frm his songz 2 his videos, to thnk he doesnt hv a record label n produces his videos himself. I wil mos definetly buy his CD, pitty ill neva c hm perform live coz i dnt do clubs n bashes. BS makes a valid point with the Driemanskap name sounding afrikaans nd hw they need 2 change it, wat does it mean anyway. Bt I luv them 2, especially hw they rap in Xhosa. Talented bunch also.

58. SihleMlambo on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 5:02 pm

Wouldve been nice to see some pix from the actual launch, but nice review, very colourful – let’s see who can outsell the other between AKA and LTido

59. B.MAG on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 5:13 pm

comparing driemaskaap with L-tido is like comparing Mos-def with Jay-z, what I like abaut l’tido is that his music is commercial and it has received high rotation on both tv and radio. as for driemaskaap u can check youtube and compare viewship between them and l’tido

60. SveegIsCurious on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 5:59 pm

Driemanskap ayikho rural, baphuma eGugulethu unless ke itownships sele kwathwa zilali.eNeneni ndiyabona ukuba ubumuncu bubakhona emntwini omnyama ongakwaziyo mcam ubuntsundu obu bakhe.

@Lusta tar yam, look out for Ifani Hay’mani.;) andaz noba uzomthanda na umculo wakhe,but tjo ustout kwi spaza(xhosa rap)

61. MissAN on Mon, 4th Jul 2011 6:50 pm

Tltltl @Lustagp… Old habits die hard.

That song with Eda Rose chick, Man of the moment,is hot…

62. Majesa TheUntouchable on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 7:44 am

L-Tido is a very good AMA KIPKIP Generatiion rapper, him & Driemanskap are for totally different markets & it will be completly idiotic to compare them. Driemanskap are more hardcore & underground, while more glossy & more mainstream.

If you never used a phraze such as “I’m dripping with swag”, then chances are L-TIDO is not your kinda artists & you should avoid imposing your own likes on other people.

Regards
    Majesa Haaiwaane
    “Tembisa’s own Da Vinci”

63. Lustagp on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 8:34 am

Kiki ubuzondiphazamisa nje wena apha!!

ok let me sweep some sense in all those talking about comparing this and that, the is no comparison at all it is me jst stating tht SA hio-hop’rs must be original, Jub-Jub was original, Tuks, and some other few….i repeat these boys must not be fakers, America is over the seas not here, when in studio they must add flavour ye roots zabo excpet their roots zi-American.

@Majesa if an opinion on a blog is imposing, then BS must give you the dictionary of blogging so taht you wont feel taht anymore.
    The fact is all these new hip-hop acts are just a bunch of American wannabees, it’s something else to talk and dress like Americans, rapping like them is f…n irritating. And that’s my opinion ayijiki!

MissAn…tltlltlttl what are you on about gal?

64. Lustagp on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 8:37 am

Ta…Sveeg we are proud of our roots and we not going to apologise about that, will do man, google it is!

65. Majesa TheUntouchable on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 9:11 am

@Lustagp Hehehe I miss these squabble in blogs with small minded people. I havnt done this in a while *puts down the cup of hot chocolate*

I wont spend much much discussing the concept “blogging” becuase it was invented by people like me, wena Lustag you are just an end-user.

Let me put it this way for you, there is a diference between an “expert” opinion & “uneducated” opinion, & you my friend you talk about things you understand little about.

Just because you dont rap in vernec it does not mean your an American wannabee, its like saying DJ Kent is a British wannabee just because he rarely uses African vocals like BlackCoffee.

Regards
    Majesa Haaiwaane
    “Tembisa’s answer to Da Vinci, Angelo & Einstein”

66. B.MAG on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 9:21 am

majesa I fully agree with u

67. Lustagp on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 9:23 am

Majesa…so you call your self an blog inventor yet you call me names because i expressed a view you feel is not agreeing with you hehehheh, you need some few lessons bro cos you forgot to educate yourself nge blogging while you were busy inventing.
    I am an end user/small mind and have no ambitions to invent anything, excpet voicing my view on articles IN this blog you didn;t invent.

as for ‘educated opinion’ you need it man, cause i dont need to go school to tell who copied someone else’s style and music.*take that and swallow it real fast*

PS: To end with Regards, your greeting must be ‘Dear Lusta’, your signature needs some ‘light” Mr or Miss Inventor!! hhehehehh i wonder how much did tehy pay to invent blogging!

68. Lustagp on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 9:32 am

Heheheh and who said being original must be raping in vernac? damn we have some inventors out there ne!!!

69. B.MAG on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 10:50 am

just chill, only sales do da talking. But it does makes sense why they copyng the latest hiphop trends we all know that hiphop is from America.

70. Majesa TheUntouchable on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 10:56 am

“it was invented by people LIKE ME”…@lustug please not the words in UPPER CASE…moving right along

Lustagp to me you seam like one of those people who use blogging to make themselves feel importent, this has got nothing to do with your passion for local music. Whats sad is that your doing this at expense of a good hardworking local artist like L-TIDO formerly known as “lamborghini”.

You have no idea of what is an American wannabee. Are you going to call Trompies american wannabees because they used to wear FUBU, are you going to call SPIKIRI an american wannabee becuase he is always immitating Snoop Dogg.

Regards
    Majesa Haaiwaane
    “Tembisa’s answer to Da Vinci, Angelo & Einstein”

71. Lustagp on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 11:05 am

it it’s about sales then why L-TIDO is on this blog i wonder? so Hip-Hop is fromAmerica then beat them at their own game right? mhhhh that’s an excuse right there.

Majesa….funny you invent blogging yet you keep jabbing some cheap shot comments about my reasons for me to be here, so i want to feel (importent) important in your view then let me be bro it wont change the paint of your house if that happens right? Now i have no idea of my own opinion, man you just a joker, i must say. Dont you dare involve Trompies who are mapantuals by nature in this, admit it all of the above you said about me points directly to you, importance. Hardworking by copying someone? heheheheh

72. B.MAG on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 11:23 am

It no excuse its a fact and from where m sitting copykats are much beta than your jubjub. they used their own pocket to get their music out there with no label company and their tracks are banging everywhere.

73. Lustagp on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 11:46 am

thank you B.MAG as you have at least admitted that this is not about working hard or bringing passion to hip-hop, it’s all about banging everywhere like Big Nuz while ‘copykatting’ your way to the bank!!Shuuuu….

74. Jnr-M on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 1:17 pm

I concur with every sentence from your comments Lustagp, truth hurts so dont even try to reason with ppl who can’t take criticism as a homework to do better next time. LTido is a hardworker, i dnt agree, to be honest what is so hard in copying someone else’s style and putting few ‘vernacs’ in an already done beat/song then call your sell a hip-hop star?

triple —kwaaaaaaaaaaa…hhehehehh i wonder how much did tehy pay to invent blogging!

Lusta man you have ways with words, no wonder i got out of silent blogging today!!

75. Kiki on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 1:20 pm

*grabs a chair,with a cup of Milo on the left hand…i sit down*

76. SushiAndLipstick on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 1:22 pm

I understand that L-Tido is an English rapper and that’s totally fine, cz that’s the language he chooses to express himself in. What I have a problem with is his twang! Its really not necessary hey? Like the entire GiltsGang twangs and I don’t understand why!

I’m not a fan at all and I don’t intend on buying his album cz I can’t relate to the things L-tido talks about and I find his punchlines kiddish and he relies entirely on similes and metaphors and that sometimes contributes to him saying nothing meaningful

I will say however that his video’s are fresh and he’s done super well for himself as an independent artist. There’s clearly a lot of drive and ambition and he believes in his product. That will take him far!!

77. Majesa TheUntouchable on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 1:55 pm

*Puts business call onhold* @Lustagp there you go again with your small-minded-self, which southafrican youth has never copied americans, it started with the Jazz artists by glorifying americans, mapatsula glorify “All Stars” but its a hip hop label, look at The Games videos & checkout the sneakers he is always wearing.

Boom Shaka’s look was all american, Kwaito came from House & House is an american music genre. Look at a lot of old Kwaito Videos & you will see many wearing FUBU, from Trompies to Skeem. Look at Spikiris album cover & tell me he is not a wannabee Snoop.

It is Cheskop’s break dancing that got them noticed in the Kwaito arena, even now General GTZ can still breakdance.

Regards
    Majesa Haaiwaane
    “Tembisa’s answer to Da Vinci, Angelo & Einstein”

78. Jnr-M on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 2:23 pm

@Majesa broer the only blogger small minded here is you, your poking and throwing of evrything taht doesnt belong tells how Stupid you are…i feel for the business call you on as it will go nowhere keep dreaming boy.
    *not tyring to be his lawyer or something* Lusta is telling nothing else but the truth here, you just keep swearing and repeating stupid self absorbed unnecesary comments simply because you cant respect someone else’s opinion.

L-tido is talented but has to keep this(criticism) as part of his swag growing

Funny that now you talking about SA kids copying things but you said it is called progressing, go back to your so-called business man, Lusta is way too ”high minded” for your likes!!!

79. SushiAndLipstick on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 3:09 pm

@majesa babe ur argument is weak! Ur talking about fashion trands now and not music! Shap Spikijo looks up to Snoop Dogg we all know that and he tries to dress like him, but in no way does Spikiri adopt an American mentality in his music. Spikiri is hood (South African hood) he doesn’t twang or try to sound American in his thiking

The Game wears Converse All Stars…SO WHAT???? Africans didn’t start wearing the because of The Game o_O.

Anyway as I mentioned before, ur argument is weak and I don’t know what its set out to prove.

80. Mmaditaba on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 3:18 pm

*Joins Kiki* Lipstick>>Ditto tho

81. Majesa TheUntouchable on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 3:27 pm

Jnr-M moya fase mrena…lets go back to the basics cause this debate seems to be going out of the relms of a logical discussion & thats someting I’m not gud at.

How about we put this in simple point form.

I will start first as I’m the better thinker between the 3 of us.

Spikiri is a Snoop Wannabee because…
    (1)He is also keeping his hair long like Snoop. Ebile o logile meriri bjalo ka Snoop.
    (2)He likes to call himself Gangstar like Snoop, while other Kwaito artist refere to themselves as abo Tsotsi like Zola & Mapaputsi.
    (3)All his album covers look like Snoop Doggs album covers including the fonts.
    (4)He likes puffing Marujwana smoke slowly in Snoop doggs trade mark style.
    (5)He calls himself the “King Don Father”, while Snoop is known as “The Dog Father”.

Okay so its you turn now.
    L-TIDO is an american wannabee because…
    (1)
    (2)
    (3)
    (4)
    (5)

Regards
    Majesa Haaiwaane
    “Tembisa’s answer to Da Vinci, Angelo & Einstein”

82. mysista on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 3:40 pm

Eish Hip – Hop and beef go together like itoilet paper & ne skid marks…This argument should not be an either or… both of ya’lls are right…Yes Rap /Hip -Hop the way I understand is is an imported music genre… ndicela kungabikho umntu othi, no it started in Africa with praise singing and all that, c’mon sibadala sonke apha… Hip Hop as it stands now is a totally American concept, I think the argument should be , to what extent are some artists… what’s the word … I can’t think, so I’ll use adapt! Ja… to what extent are South African Hip Hop artists adapting the genre to reflect the continent it hails from… The way mna ndi – understanda uLusta , uthi ke yena uthanda xa ixutywe ne culture yase SA to reflect i originality.Abanye bathi the bling very American version of it is just as good… both parties are infact right, Cause this is about preferences and there is no accounting for taste, So try not to fight kids!

Mna and I’m dating myself… loved old style Hip Hop, how I loved the Fugees(THE SCORE) This is in my humble opinion the most WOW ! Hip Hop album of all time.

I haven’t heard the album for a long time but I still know every lyric , every beat , every pause between notes, eish those we good times.
    Apha I love Driemanskap…preserves African language and HHP and all the motswako artists for the same reason !

83. Jnr-M on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 3:50 pm

you got to be kidding me now i must calm down while you hitting the roof wena, Get Help soon man! You crave attention so much that when given the taste of your own medicine you choose to come up with lil games…
    Before i entertain your game can you tell me, how is comparing Spikiri with L-tido(who this article about not Spikiri)wannabees tendencies makes any one of them better than the other? Do you understand that you are admitting that both Ltido and Spikiri are no originals in your last comment?
    Meanwhile:
    Take a look at that first pic of your boy and tell me the boy is no wannabe, less said about his music the better.

84. Mmaditaba on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 4:00 pm

Well said Mysista!!!!

85. Majesa TheUntouchable on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 4:16 pm

Jnr-M kganteng bothata bo kae when I prefere the discussion made in “point form” so that people show they know what they are talking about.

Why are you so scared of writing your thoughts in point form?

Could it be that you ahve no idea whats a wannabee?

Regards
    Majesa Haaiwaane
    “Tembisa’s answer to Da Vinci, Angelo & Einstein”

86. Mmaditaba on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 6:21 pm

LOL YOH ABUT’MAJESA YOU’RE A DIE HARD #GOLLING STR0NG

87. B.MAG on Tue, 5th Jul 2011 8:04 pm

Who had a last laugh?

88. Lustagp on Wed, 6th Jul 2011 9:03 am

this is my last reply to this ishhh…

Bmag..wear your pants boy, no one will laugh just yet, this is no Vietnam war it is a debate in a blog so winning and losing will be expected by fools.

Back to you Majesa:

Te is one importnat detail you are leaving behind in demandin g for you point form thingy.
    You are able to poitn out Spikiri’s wannabe tendencies simply becuase Spikiri is man enough to credit Snoop, meaning he ackwnoldges who he is copying, he admits taht he is a wannabe Snoop. You andL-tido act as if you own the craft and you work so hard.
    i for one dont hav a poin form list to point out his habits as he is the clostes with them. HE must man up like Spikiri and Speedy and tell you and me who is his idol, then i will be able to proudly write a least like you about him as i pick the habits he copies from his idol.

So man, Sushi is right your argument is weak and has no direction i dont know why would i waste my morning by making it decent BUT I JUST DID SO EAT THAT AND CHEW SLOWLY.

89. Lustagp on Wed, 6th Jul 2011 9:06 am

SPELLING ERRORS that you wont understand and i need you to:

”list”least
    Closet-clostes

90. Fezzy on Wed, 6th Jul 2011 9:10 am

I Majesa’s signature automated?

91. Majesa TheUntouchable on Wed, 6th Jul 2011 9:38 am

Lustagp if you cant write stuff in point form, then it means you have no point to put accross & you only write open ended statements that are neither here or there, in short you could say you are the normal kind of a low class thinker.

“SPELLING ERRORS that you wont understand and i need you to:” hehehe only Lustagp can ace a Maths test with perfact grammar, are we talking ideas or are talking cemantics, please stick to your ordinary life Lustagp.

Regards
    Majesa Haaiwaane
    “Tembisa’s answer to Da Vinci, Angelo & Einstein”

92. Lustagp on Wed, 6th Jul 2011 9:44 am

i rest my case, ”you laughing at my erros-that is a classic looking at all your replies, please double check all your replies from your comments man ..Gudbye as i can see your thick skull is beyond normal of thickness qha ke!!

93. SushiAndLipstick on Wed, 6th Jul 2011 10:47 am

@majesa
    1)L-tidos content is largely borrowed from american rappers. i.e he talks about honey’s, popping bottles, beef, refering to people as niggers, making reference to the KKK. None of which are South African or a reflection of what happens here.

2)Making it rain is an American concept that basically means to have loads of cold hard cash and spending it lavishly on irrelevant things just cz u can. We all know SA artists don’t do that cz they can afford to

3) I hope you see where I’m going with this, its his thinking that’s American and its obvious in his music. thus people lime myself and LustaGP cannot relate.

Tido must just realise that being an english rapper doesn’t necessarily mean that he must go all american. Aka, naeto c,Tumi from the volume, MI, etc rap in english but they stay true to what’s relevent in their respective countries with regards to the structure of the society. Tumi made a mixtape abt rape which is prevalent in SA, AKA is conscious of the fact that he doesn’t have a plan B much like many SAns who do what they love and put food on the table bcz of that job, career, etc.

94. Mmaditaba on Wed, 6th Jul 2011 12:19 pm

SushiL #DITT0

95. Samkha on Tue, 13th Sep 2011 3:26 pm

I still cant get his album… someone please HELP!!! by the way im in Newcastle!