Reminder: 2011 Channel O Awards Nominees

October 12, 2011 by

With the date for one my favourite Award shows being announced as 11 November, I thought I’d remind you who the nominees are so that you can continue voting for your favourites. Voting details when you scroll down… closing date is 27 October.

Here is a list of the nominees. Truly representative of tracks that got us “grooving” this past year.

Voting for the 2011 Channel O Music Video Awards opens on Friday 19 August and closes midnight Thursday 27 October 2011. Visit www.channelo.tv to cast your votes via web or WAP. You can also vote on MXit and SMS (send your favourite artist’s code to 083 920 8406, or +27 83 920 8406 if you’re outside of South Africa). You can vote in all 14 categories as many times as you want, but only ONCE per hour.

The Awards will be held at Sandton Convention Centre on 11 November.

Things That Make Us Go Tjo
Foschini Group Buys Fabiani
Monique Sheds Kilos

Comments

101 Comments on "Reminder: 2011 Channel O Awards Nominees"

1. Zeal on Thu, 18th Aug 2011 11:58 pm

Lent, Born for this…Oleku or Victory lap…Ah, what about P Square- E no easy?!?! :-(
    Looking forward to them nonetheless!! Last year they were rockas neh!!

2. Zeal on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:03 am

“RT @L_Tido: Me giving the ‘It Ain’t My Fault’ vid exclusive to MTV Base might cost me a couple of nominations I deserve tonight. Well it is what it is” <—– Err, one is better than nothing mos?!? *scratches head*

3. Hasting Moeng on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:04 am

The standard better remain the same as last year…they can only get better.

4. Ms.Zie on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:09 am

WTF?! Is ‘most gifted’?! Can’t they just say best like err’bhadi else *goes under a rock*

5. Brown Shuga on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:12 am

Zeal, e no easy was nominated and won in 2010. I think they released Invasion a bit late for this year’s awards.

6. ThatoM on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:15 am

#TeamKuliChana #TeamDjCleo

7. Zeal on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:15 am

Bleh!! Thanx BS!!
    LOL @Ms.Zie…..

8. Brown Shuga on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:16 am

LOL @ Ms Zie, I feel you.

9. Kiki on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:26 am

Wow! It’s ON shem.

#TeamIcePrince (I loooove that Oleku track). #TeamCleo (I’m sure he’ll take that one) #TeamKwesta & #TeamSlikour (for obvious reasons: Ventilation4Life) and of course #TeamLizhaJames (I hope I get to meet her this year).

10. candy-coated on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:30 am

”oleku. Tell me sumthin way i know fit do… blah bla blah”. *bhimbaring*

11. Zeal on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:34 am

YAY!! *hugs Kiki* I done missed you long time oi!!

12. Mini lilo on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 1:36 am

Welcome back kiki,missed you a long time

13. Kiki on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:05 am

Hey Mini and Zeal. *hugs*

14. Sgoloza on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 4:13 am

Most gifted?

Let’s ask Pearl Nkuna, seeing she knows about “gifted” people, or was it “gifted” soccer players only?

Professor deserves a few most def, but cabo snoop’s Windeck is a banger, one of those songs that make even the most reluctant of dancers move!

15. dejane on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 6:26 am

Most gifted Southern Africa Video and video of the year should go to Khuli ft JR. That video is BAUSS. Eintlek Khuli ba month robile. He shouldve been nominated in the most gifted hip hop artist too. So many male artists nominated. Might as well have called them the most gifted male music video awards.

16. Polly on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 7:33 am

I’m so loving Naija music right now, thanks to BBA. All my votes are going to them.

17. akhona on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 7:34 am

Yazi dejane now that you say it, nam I noticed that too! Female artists need to step up their game…

Thanks for the update BS.

18. Jellytot on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 7:39 am

Modeji modeji, i hope you ready for this oleku!

19. Kiki on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 7:43 am

Wow! Only noticing now ukbana ‘LENTO’ is also nominated. That track is a killer! #TeamSpeedyProffesor

20. siya on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 7:49 am

#deathby most gifted nton nton.

Molo Kiki *waves*

21. Polly on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 7:49 am

Hi Kikzozo *waving*, your presence was deeply missed.

22. Kiki on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 8:07 am

Molo Siya & Polly. *waves*

Eish Polly,I need that Sharon O track hle? Saw your comment on the other blog. One of my girls has been bugging me for it and I have no idea where to download it. Plz help or just email to my jc email add. Plz Polly.

23. Polly on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 8:19 am

What’s your jc email address Kiks?

24. Kiki on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 8:26 am

Thanks Polly. Its kiki@justcurious.co.za

25. Noance on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 8:38 am

Helloooooo Kiki! Gosh u’ve been missed. Saw your love tweets maubane on twitter. We love you too :-)

Happy about AKA’s nomination, after this can he sit down \___ on twitter and stop acting like everybody is out to get him. Gosh, always addressing haters errday.

Lento is a tunez for dayzzzzz! I feel speedy needed this in life. *Hugs him and his towel*

26. nana2 on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 8:39 am

Me love Some Naija music , my votes goes to Flavour – nwa babe!!!!

27. Noance on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 8:47 am

FLAVOUR IS THE ONE TODAY, TOMORROW, TOGETHER!

28. Twitter on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 8:51 am

#TeamProfessor #TeamBlackCoffee #TeamCaboSnoop #TeamL-tido

Hopefully this time Kwesta or Slikour will win, coz shame they left the SAMAs with nothing…

29. Kiki on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:01 am

@Noance heheheh yazi wena neh? The minute I see your name I just laugh b4 reading the comment. Lol

30. Polly on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:04 am

Check your mail Kiki.

31. Kiki on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:08 am

Thanks Polly,I got it. I responded neh? Mbaaaaaaaaa

32. DrDee on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:14 am

@Kiki hug,and huge a big kiss.I missed you nana.Hope you are now back full time.Was looking out for @lusta for you in ur absence,wink wink.

33. Nokxie on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:17 am

#TeamFlavour!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Polly on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:22 am

Thank so much for making my day Kiks *EXCITED*

35. Nola on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:31 am

So happy for AKA!!! & the other naija artist nominated I’m loving their music!…but I think these awards need to be hosted in other African countries

36. Lustagp on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:47 am

mchwah my Kiki…i missed you vha!

37. TheSushiQueen on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:55 am

Off topic: Guys!! I’m so shocked!! This morning on Barry Hertzhog (an hour ago)two cars are speeding, a white citi golf chasing a red one at very high speed. So when they get to the robot, the driver of the white golf cuts off the red one, gets out of his car and walks over to the red one , takes out his gun and SHOOTS at the 3 passengers!!! In broad daylight!! The two men in the red car climb out and pull out their guns and start SHOOTING at the other other guy! They chase after him shooting, him shooting back, until the red car’s passenger falls over on the road in full view of everyone.. Shocking!! Tjo!!

38. Polly on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:58 am

Yoh Sushi, it’s like you were watching a movie mos. I hope you are fine.

39. Nkey.. on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 10:24 am

@ Sushi *jaw on the floor* That was hectic yong,Hope you not traumatised.I wonder what went wrong.

40. Kusihlwa on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 10:32 am

@Sushi,Oh My God. did the cops come quick? what did you do?

41. siya on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 10:40 am

that`s shocking, its like watching a 3D movie.

42. Lustagp on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 10:43 am

tjo!!Sushi!!

43. Lela on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 10:47 am

#teamFlavour, the way my 2year old daughter sings sawa le undenzela iorry utatakhe uzothi zingoma zma Nigeria azazela phi lomntana.

44. Lady gaga on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 10:52 am

*Off Topic* what did vivica fox do guys????

45. TheSushiQueen on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 10:55 am

The one guy lay on the ground shot in the chest and the other lady passenger went to him in the middle of the road while those other two continued shooting at each other. The police came very quick I must say- some one must have called them when the guy got out his gun and was walking over to go shoot. Tjo I am shocked to the core. Guys road rage is no joke damn..

I turned around and drove back using another route when I saw those two running after each other.. It all lasted about 5 mins or so..

Bathong dinto tsa jerusalema so far away from hillbrow! *shocked*

46. Lustagp on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 10:57 am

Haybo are you sure it’s road rage or gangsters fighting Sushi?

But i know raod rage is rife la eMzantsi , ..

47. kellyboogile on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:03 am

@Lady gaga there u go…TBO Touch, invited Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula, and his American guests on stage for a photograph. Touch then asked Matheba and Generations actress Sonia Sedibe to join the group.

Before long, Dlamini, Pheto and another Generations actress, Sophie Ndaba, joined the fray. As the flashbulbs went off, Fox began getting edgy, and was then seen telling the local celebrities off.

Fox said: “Oh no, I don’t mean to be rude, but please could you get off the stage? Yes, go, get off the stage.” She gestured vigorously at them.

Dlamini was particularly peeved, and walked off the stage.

Norwood, in a figure-hugging bling-up dress and her hair done in a bun, was the total opposite as she greeted and waved at fans. She milked the adulation too, smiling for the cameras and waving, and showing off her legs.

48. Pule on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:04 am

where is JG?
    Ice prince and Wizzy all the way.
    that Oleky beat is the best i have heard all year.
    the instrumentals of that song shows that the beat producer is a beast.
    Still waiting to hear from JG as i hear he has a better collection of that producers work.

i am hoping Banana Mavoko scoops this one.
    #teamoskido

49. Kusihlwa on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:13 am

@Kelly,haiiboo,serious :-o

50. kellyboogile on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:17 am

@Kusihlwa i just copied and pasted the article from times live.i was shocked when i read it

51. TheSushiQueen on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:21 am

Ke road rage.. White man shot at the muslim people..

O_o at Vivica.. Lol!

52. Pule on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:25 am

@sushi,
    sounds more like gangster than road rage.
    i know bad road rage happens in Mzansi but this looks too planned.

53. Lady gaga on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:25 am

@Kellyboogile NO WAYS!!! why did she do that though? kanti isn’t she a nice person afterall?!!! tjo. Thanx babe.

54. Monei on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:29 am

ooooh! i love nwa baby(remix). it does what bo windeck (and prev prakatatumba) do to me but more sensually/gentler. i.e. forces me to dance and leaves me feeling good. it actually reminds me of my childhood in botswana when kwasa-kwasa was THE thing. aaaah, good times.

@sushi, DAMN! such trauma on a friday morning. did they get the culprit who cut them off? i hope it wasnt road rage but i can only imagine it to be that so early in the morning. coz if that happened to me….i dnt have a gun to hit back.

55. kazisongo on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:41 am

Most gifted male video gives me a headache I cant decide

56. phindiku on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 11:54 am

@Sushi *shocked for dayzzzz*, what is this world coming to?. Lord have Mercy.

57. Kiki on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:15 pm

Kwaaaaaaaa hai shem #TeamVivica she doesn’t owe anyone anything yazi? Just like some local celebs always/sometimes refuse to pose for pics and we suck it in and move on coz you really can’t force/expect someone to be what YOU want them to be….celeb or not.

58. Nkey.. on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 12:23 pm

Name a few SA Celebs who refuse to pose for pics,Pretty please Kiki..

59. Nomaha on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 1:02 pm

Death by Vivia telling OUR Celebs to get off the stage, lmao! TJO!

@Nkey uyazithanda izindaba mngani kodwa yhazi nami ngifuna ukwazi so @Kikzozo usheshe usitshele.

Happy Friday bloggers!

60. TheSushiQueen on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 1:09 pm

Pule- thanks I’m fine.. I’m not sure if anyone else got hurt..

It wasn’t gangster coz it was a white man that went and shot at the other car first, which had muslim people in it- so ke nahana gore ne ele road rage..

Mara Vivica.. She set it off their asses for sure tjo lmao!

61. Nomaha on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 1:25 pm

@Sushi such trauma to witness. Take some B-complex tablets to calm your nerves. I wouldnt have made my way to way bendizojika nje.

62. Nkey.. on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 1:51 pm

@ Nomaha Lol…Kaloku Chomi we need to know ba who’s tjatjarag,So that we can not even bother to say Hi!!!! Saw Phat Joe e Tygervelly sometime last month and He was very sweet on some young girls who were asking to pose 4 pic with him.

63. softnfree on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 1:51 pm

Mxim and there I was thinking ke bozolabad shooting each other,,khanti ke some rooi neck who forgot to take his prozac and when he came across the shaik’-Mosques of mzantsi, not even Allah could soothe Tereblanche”!!

Mxim how disappointing.

64. Nkey.. on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:03 pm

Kwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa @ ngisho izinja zethu
    Waze wa Ghetto bo Aunty softy. Lol

65. Zeal on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:07 pm

I don’t think Vivica was being rude, she simply asked what all those other people were doing on stage?! I mean no one called them onto the stage!! *hides ko backstage*

66. Nomaha on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:07 pm

Kwaaaaahhhh! Dr Softie uspeshel shame.

67. Polly on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:09 pm

“Ba kae maginza , ngisho izinja zethu, they must come and show these plastic popcorns how its done..

We shoot alles, the road rager, the people, passengers, not forgeting the road itself and pole lights….ke bang bang!!!!!”

Lol Softy, wena maar.

68. Nomaha on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:10 pm

@Nkey kumele sazi impela imagine your bubbly self goes to greet a celebrity and you end up being told to get off the stage, hay chaaa! na ki sensitive thata.

69. Nkey.. on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:18 pm

@ Nomaha Lol..wena na le Sesotho,You improving these days.Tjo now you remind me of that Guy whos now on Zone 14,He was Chester in Yizo Yizo donkey years ago.Tjo!!! you should see how negative He was @ Pick n Pay workshop in Durbs towards the fans.Kare A neva Ompone nggxumela ama celeb…

70. DexterSUPERIOR on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:19 pm

@Softie you’re scaring me.

#TeamMamaVivica! Somebody had to put those tjatjarag celebrities in their place. I can understand why Terry would think of herself as one of the American guests even though she was in the U.S for only two minutes but bo Sophie are just too damn tjatjarag.

71. bongi on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:19 pm

kwa..kwa..kwa.. hayi Softy mani ….*giggling X100*

72. Nkey.. on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:31 pm

@ Bongi are you going to get married in ASARA (Stellensoch arterial)???

73. Nomaha on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:36 pm

Nkey lowo ke yena was just trying to remain relevant. Claire Mawisa once said on twitter when we the public see celebraties we should recognise them eheee I rolled on the floor thinking recognise them and be told where to get off.

I can understand why Terry would think of herself as one of the American guests even though she was in the U.S for only two minutes but bo Sophie are just too damn tjatjarag <—–this mara! just killed me.

74. KewlGal on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:44 pm

hahahahahahaha bathong.. mara uyahlanya yaz wena Softie.. hehehehehehehaha we shoot the road, robots, street lights ales, zonke bonke.. #imfinished

75. phindiku on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:47 pm

dead—————->>>>”I can understand why Terry would think of herself as one of the American guests even though she was in the U.S for only two minutes but bo Sophie are just too damn tjatjarag”

76. KewlGal on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:49 pm

@DexterSuperior i’m with you on that one. ubenze kahle umama Vivica, they must SIT DOWN bayaphapha.. bafunani oo Queen no Ntombi laphana, barata dinto.. hehehehehehehe i cant stop laughin at this thing,

#teammamavivica for dayzzzzz.. lmao

77. Lustagp on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:49 pm

lol…Dex uthi uTerry utheni hahah uqalile!!

78. Lustagp on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 2:59 pm

BS….njengo Tata lapha wenkomo, ezisebuhlanti sithetha nje bendicela khe uvule i-twitter convention, conference, imbizo, codesa kule site as it looks liek twitter is going to be part of our lives, sine-shares na kulo-twitter kanene?

79. softnfree on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:00 pm

LOL guys, ke tla reng, phela the way Sushi explained the bang bang , I suspected that it was either midgets or rooinecks, this story just lacked salt, ke ra letswai, cerebos’nyana… Even the bullets were tasteless….

80. Lustagp on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:00 pm

BS….njengo Tata lapha wenkomo, ezisebuhlanti sithetha nje bendicela khe uvule i-twitter convention, conference, imbizo, codesa kule site as it looks like twitter is going to be part of our lives, sine-shares na kulo-twitter kanene?

81. Lustagp on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:02 pm

lol…my bad!

82. KewlGal on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:04 pm

@Lusta what happenin? i hope its not ur publicist posting on ur behalf, hehehe ziyaphinda-phinda i posts zakho

83. KewlGal on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:05 pm

hay ndiyibonile

84. Lustagp on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:07 pm

hhahahahahaha andazi nam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ask JC admin!

85. Tee.tee on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:36 pm

ish most of the songs reminds me of biggy specialy vina and her dance moves!loving african music.naeto’c-10 over 10 buyaaaa!al the best 2 the nominees

86. Jahara on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:44 pm

kwaaaahhaaaa
    @Softy….shoot to destroy? & that’s true u know…they wouldnt even wait to get to the robot to cut the other car off. They’d have shot at its tyres & windows to make the driver lose focus & the car swerve & lose control,& then be over them like eagles on a carcass…shooting every breathing thing nearby,even the birds. I know my mzansi….ooho mxim.

Happy fry-day bloggers.
    Love,
    J

87. Tee.tee on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:47 pm

oh em gee!kiki i nid sharon’s song tswe tswe.forwad it hle!kgaogelo.kg)hotmail.com

88. Tee.tee on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:48 pm

l.tido rolling is also takin ths one and that oleku track.lol tru thanx 2 bba.

89. Wild Island on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 3:55 pm

am i still being EDITED? akesatwafa gobuwa mxnm….dumelang…

90. Pule on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 4:23 pm

we are just enjoying it cos we don’t mind these celebs getting a taste of their own little medicine.
    apart from that it was so arrogant and snobbish of Vivica.
    what was she imagining?that the low lives were going to mug her on stage or mess up her make up or asault here in the full view of the public?
    i think she was just bein paranoid and ignorant.

91. DexterSUPERIOR on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 4:42 pm

No Pule. Nobody called them to come on stage. They had to be reprimanded. Mama Vivica did a great job keeping them in their lane

92. Pule on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 5:07 pm

@Dexter,i am used to your ways.
    you are fishing again.
    i agree that no one called them to the stage but what was she thinking they were going to do to her on stage?
    was the pic going to make her any less a star?
    instigate a discount in the appearance fee the minister was paying her?
    i enjoy the humuilation like you and that is why we are ordering a long bench for them on the other blog but like most of these silly stars,i think she was believing her hype too much.

93. What went down at the CHANNEL O VMA’s? – Mika Stefano's Blog on Fri, 19th Aug 2011 9:07 pm

[...] am looking forward to the Channel O Awards. For a list of the nominees (click here) Now we need to start planning outfits… The awards are scheduled for November, so we have lots [...]

94. noma4 on Sat, 20th Aug 2011 6:35 pm

My fave ke Oleku shu that song

95. noma4 on Sat, 20th Aug 2011 6:36 pm

My fave ke Oleku shu that song, oh le Nwa baby (Ashawo remix)- by flavour, I dnt know if its nominated or not

96. Mudiwa_wangu on Sun, 16th Oct 2011 8:16 pm

Aunty Softy kills me altyd shem! Dibulet be di le tasteless…. I can’t shem

97. awesomeness on Mon, 17th Oct 2011 8:51 am

Flaour it is…thsi song has been playing in me head ever since i heard it..so inlove with naija music

98. kimmo on Mon, 17th Oct 2011 9:57 am

flavour- just loooove the song!!!

99. KewlGal on Mon, 17th Oct 2011 2:58 pm

#TeamBlackDilinger guys pls vote 6c

He’s the only SAn in his category pls lets support him

100. Vava on Mon, 17th Oct 2011 11:13 pm

Atleast here u acknowledge da reminder of da awards with peace,Big broda page also reminded us to vote for our favarite artist on F.B. page,u dont know how people were so angry @ him lyk des no peace de lucklay’s fans dey lambasted biggy and his show pity our artist wont win coz of dis division.#team Cabo snop# wendeck!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be logged in to post a comment.