Lauryn Hill To Perform At Cape Town Jazz Fest

March 22, 2012 by

Yho!!!!!!! Now I wish I’d bought a ticket :-(

Multi Grammy Award winner Ms. Lauryn Hill has been confirmed to perform at this year’s Cape Town International Jazz Festival. Her performance will take place on Saturday 31 March 2012 at the famous Kippies stage.

“We are extremely excited about the addition of Ms. Lauryn Hill. She is an exceptional artist and festival goers can expect a sensational show. She completes a line-up of world class acts that audiences have come expect from the festival,” says Rashid Lombard, espAfrika CEO.

“”Both public tickets and corporate hospitality tickets are completely sold out.
Non -ticket holders are urged not to try their luck at the festival gates as there will be no tickets available,” says Lombard.

Hill established her reputation as a member of the sensational Fugees. In 1998 she launched her solo career with the release of the commercially successful and critically acclaimed album The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. The recording earned Hill 5 Grammy Awards including Album of the Year and Best New Artist.

After several years out of the spotlight, Ms. Hill returned to live music in 2011. She has toured extensivly since, including performances at Coachella Valley Music Festival, New Orleans Jazz Fest, and Rock The Bells. In February 2012 Hill performed a new song, titled Fearless Vampire Killer, during a sold out performance at the Warner Theatre in Washington DC.

Sizo ba strong. All those who are going, enjoy the festival!

Tumelo Steals My Heart
Our Story Is Not Simple
Full List Of Winners - 2012 Grammy Awards

Comments

17 Comments on "Lauryn Hill To Perform At Cape Town Jazz Fest"

1. Botshelo on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 10:33 am

Mhmm, its been a while since I heard of her and her music.
    Enjoy Peeps!

2. cherrypops on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 10:41 am

Yooooweee…..now that’s not fair hey! I’ve been routing & praying for this musical icon to make a come back or grace SA with her talent for years now & this happens!

3. fabulicious on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 11:26 am

@cherrypops why ddnt u buy the ticket?

4. Miranda on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 11:31 am

Its going to be difficult to read about the CTIJ festival because I was had planned to go and my tickets were withdrawn #cries a river#

5. Richmond on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 11:42 am

Maybe Ms Taboo can take pics for JC since she is gonna be at the festival.

6. Biskiti on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 12:27 pm

Wow, i hope some opportunistic promoter will try and squeeze a mini Jo’Burg concert out of her, i’m sure it’d still be sold out even at the short notice that it already is.

All those going to the Festival must have a blast, this is one talented multi baby mama!

7. Nerlee on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 12:37 pm

Wow, now how I wish to be part of this festival!

8. mbulela on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 1:02 pm

I hope she would not be high on something.
    No dramas needed.

9. Monei on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 1:23 pm

i hope she does MUUUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHH better than her performance here some years ago. wuuuuu! i have never bn so disappointed by a performer in my life.

10. Nthoentle on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 2:15 pm

Can she still sing? i doubt! ke sure voice e jele ke di patje! No fanx

11. H2G on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 2:37 pm

to add on JC News:
    Community Concert

The community concert, part of the build–up to the 13th Annual CTIJF will again this year be held at Green-Market Square.

This well-attended event will start at 5pm on 28 March 2012 and features some of the top headliners that will also be performing at the Jazz Festival, which will be announced soon.

This permanent feature on Cape Town’s social calendar, shows the Festival’s commitment to the community and the city and the size of the crowds grow

12. mbulela on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 3:24 pm

@Monei, i feel you.

13. manny on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 3:40 pm

is Laura Izibor part of the lineup?

14. TC on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 5:13 pm

*cries*

15. blog o kulturystyce i fitness on Thu, 17th Jul 2014 3:48 am

This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped
    me. Thanks!

16. dieta on Tue, 22nd Jul 2014 11:20 pm

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each
    time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thank you!

17. cambridge diet on Thu, 4th Sep 2014 8:48 am

cambridge diet…

Lauryn Hill To Perform At Cape Town Jazz Fest | Just Curious…