Spotted: Inkaba Launch

March 19, 2012 by

MNET went all out last week when they launched their new kid on the block, a Telenovela called Inkaba. It was red carpet all the way at the Urban Brew Studios you’d swear we were at the Oscars or an Awards ceremony. Phathu was my date and he dumped me the second we arrived and went to spend time with his colleagues which by the way were/are the big shots in the TV industry. So nje poor Kiki was not that important. Lol

Thabo ‘TBose’ Mokwele was the MC and boy oh boy did he nail it? The fun & jokes from the red carpet interviews to the time he introduced the cast. He really made us pay attention.

John Kani (Mkhuseli Mthetho) poses here with wife Nomsa played by Nakedi Ribane. Baby Cele (Slindile) as their maid and Dumisani Mbebe plays Kwezi Mthetho, their son. l honestly don’t have anything positive to say about Dumisane.

I’ve read and heard stories about his bad attitude but I told myself that I will give him the benefit of the doubt. What he did to the media that night then hai shem I wash my hands. I also heard through the grape vine that some of his cast members have a problem with his attitude so please Dumisane never forget that the very same people you work with can be your success or your downfall. We don’t want a repeat of Generations. Jobs are hard to find bhuti so please calm down.

One of the coolest chicks in the acting industry is Matshepo Maleme who plays Thuli Malinga.

If you can remember she played Zandiswa on Bubomi Sana and was also a part of the drama After 9.

Weza worked the ramp. She plays Fumi,a model from Angola that will do anything to get to the top. Heheheh this I wanna see.

And Weza is known for her amazing shoe collection. Look at this pair that she was rocking.

Kuli Roberts plays herself. This is another one I can’t wait for.

Charmaine Mtinta plays an aunt.

Do you guys remember that she played Nomsa on Yizo Yizo 1? It feels like ages ago.

One of my favorites is Ferry Jele. I love this woman.

Ilse Klink who to me will remain Vanessa from Isidingo. She is the fashion guru on Inkaba.

My gal Tango Ncetezo plays the young Slindile.

The old man Ernest Ndlovu is a veteran on TV. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen him on the Dramas. He is a brilliant actor. He plays the character of Mzi Khumalo.

A new face on our screens is the beautiful Nompilo Gwaya who plays Nothando Phiri. She says this is her first acting role. Good luck sisi. Just like Biskiti would say ‘we hope you have a bullet proof’. Lol

Samukelo Ndlovu plays Lira Khumalo. She poses here with Weza.

Tango & John Kani.

When I think back I used to like Duke Motlanthe’s character on Generations back in the day when he used to play Rocky. He was such a charmer. I think he is the guy that used to sell drugs or something. On this one, he plays the young Mkhuseli.

Khaya Dlanga was there with his girlfriend Priscilla Menoe. She is just as petite. Too cute!

Our Miss SA Melinda Bam is a crazy and lovable person. She mingled freely and chatted to everyone. Hehehe she was speaking Zulu as well.

Trevor Gumbi was busy shooting Headline.

Channel O & Trans Africa Radio’s Sthembiso Khoza aka SK was there too. His face brightened up when I asked him about fatherhood. He is so in love with his baby it’s amazing.

RnB star Verd. It was actually my first time meeting him. Nice guy.

Mbali Mlotshwa still looks like she’s never been pregnant. She still has the same body nje. Some people are blessed with good genes.

I mentioned earlier that Phathu dumped me neh? He spent most of the night with Portia Gumede. This lady is behind most of the dramas we see on TV. She speaks so highly of Phathu and says he is a part of her. When John Kani spoke about Portia we were all touched. To hear a legend like Mr Kani give you props like that then it means you are doing something right. Portia so keep at it.

Great night it was. Thank you so much for the hospitality MNET.

Inkaba will broadcast Monday – Thursday on Mzansi Magic channel 107, starting as from tonight.

By Kiki Marli

The Handover!
2012 Feather Awards Pics: Part 3
Book Review: Switch By Jassy Mackenzie

Comments

41 Comments on "Spotted: Inkaba Launch"

1. vumaaa on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 12:32 am

A friend of mine who attended the event couldn’t shut up about the TopTen@Ten Kaya FM guy. So i guess he was really good.

But he doesn’t look delicious as he normally look in other pics.

Anyways, people are looking good and also ferry Jele is not bad but the dress she is wearing??? Does Foschini still make those?? Well i guess they still do

@KhayaDlanga has this sweet orgasmic smile.

OMG Who is that edible, sweet SK soul? *Fans self* #NoHomo

2. Thase on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 12:36 am

Looks like this telenovela will be good..Can’t wait to catch up when i’m in mzansi next week, counting down, tired of the kangaroo land.

Eish Dumisani has this rude aura nje, but just looking at his face i can conclude that he isn’t a friendly dude..Already the cast is complaining ngaye..

@sxylin where are you, people in Mzansi are sleeping? Hope you still good with the little man..

3. maverick on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 12:37 am

Oh wow Phathu is a gorgeous man.#thatisall

4. lolington kwaaa on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 2:16 am

@vumaaa, when you sleep though??

I loooove Mbali Mlotshwa (okay I know this is about Inkaba and she’s not part of it but ke love is love).

Hehehehehehe, so @Kiki there are 2 Slindiles? Baby Cele and the Beautiful Tango? But did I meantion how flawlessly beautiful Tango is with her natural hair? Her smile! Mmmmmmhhhhhh!

Inkaba is packed with brilliant actors, it has no choice BUT to be brilliant, I honestly cannot wait for tonight to see how it all begins.
    I’m excited about Kuli Roberts!
    Khaya Dlanga’s gal looks delicious.
    John Kani is sexy!

Thank you Kiki for this very discriptive beautiful article! Love you!

5. 89Guy on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 2:42 am

Khaya Dlanga is a petite man you say? LMAO. His girl is edible, too bad she’s dating a cocky midget. #NoShade

6. HoneyBee on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 2:50 am

OMG! I feel really bad for saying this, but WHAT IS CHARMAINE WEARING?! WHAT is she wearing?! She should’ve just worn a simple black dress. You can never o wrong with a simple black dress.

7. vumaaa on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 3:04 am

@Lolington i work at night dear. My sleeping time is 0800am-15:00pm

lol @HoneyBee eish lets forgive her shame. She is “Special”

@89Guys u practicing the Mean tips zika Zamani

8. Miss Thang on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 7:54 am

Matshepo has stunning LEGS wow!!!! Mbali Mlotshwa Maphumulo is one hot mama. Khaya’s Girl is BEAUTIFUL. Nompilo is a model she’s gained some weight. still pretty thou love her smile

9. LizM on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 9:03 am

I’m very interested in seeing how Inkaba is.
    Tango has got a beautiful smile. And Mbali looks amazing.
    So Khaya’s girl neh…Modimo. So gorgeous! I think she’s prettier than Boi…ah never mind. Lol

10. BGT on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 9:55 am

•Khaya Dlanga’s unexpectedly hot girlfriends always strike me as girls who are desperately trying to claw their way into fame and relevance.

•Trevor Gumbi guys. Look at him in that photo. And y’all are still surprised I thought he was disabled?

11. Botshelo on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 9:59 am

It will take quite some time before some ladies realise the power of a good fitting right quality bra!!!

If you need one, go buy one. It really makes a difference

@Portia and Charmaine

12. J-Girl on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 10:07 am

Khaya must just admit, he is a celeb shem

13. H2G on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 10:13 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!Halalalalalalalalalala!kikikikikikiki!

Wow I’m so x-I-ted Kiki et al. ;D
    95% of the people here are my favourite Artists,ndiyabathanda nje.I really missed This ntfombatane from “Bubom’sana” …its been so long singasamboni neh!
    Hayi guys I’m looking forward to this …DSTV *kungoko ndikuthenga*
    Ciao ;)

14. H2G on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 10:17 am

@Vuma,lmao,hayi uHomo. wena *youv’e been no hom(ing) us since 19′futsek* ;D …
    Ek is baie blei Kuli Roberts is part of the Crew,@Phathu,yhu!Hay umaGumede & her kiss ek is Jelas,I wish I were you” ;)
    I wish these people would re-do Intsika and have the same artists as inkaba….Vote for this statement of mine guys?What do you think?

15. KewlGal on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 10:48 am

Mara kodwa u Charmaine why is she doing this to herself bathong? does she thing she is 71years old? Why is she dressing like that ngathi nguMakhulu oya kwi nkam-nkam? hay maan.. she is still very young to be carrying herself like this yhuu, waze wandiphoxa yaz.

Dumisani ucingba ngu ngqesta othile, some of us know him from back when he was wack in CPT, he used to have a crush on a friend of mine that used to stay in Rondebosch, what a wackstar. Amazing, I wonder what died & gave him the big head..

Khaya & his fame seeking girlfriends are always cute. like i never knew Boity until Khaya confessed on youtube that she was his girlfriend. I wont be suprised if the petite cute miss there suddenly features on adverts. Khaya is in advertising mos. hahaha hay shem umntu udla ngento anayo.. “be my girl i will put you in ads & you’ll be famous” lmao!!! I luv Khaya though

Matshepho is a luvly humble person, she’s going far with her attitude..

Tango makes me have lesbo tendencies, that way a cute ngakhona nka mo dira shem *hides behind Lolo*

Will be watching this drama for sure, its got lots of my fav actors.

Was hoping to see Atandwa Kani the father of Tembisa’s twins on the pics, i guess next time maybe..

Thanks Kiks for the nice article..

16. KewlGal on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 10:49 am

*ndafa zii engrish spotter bawo*

17. Kiki on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 11:00 am

Hhahahah guys i’m so sorry. I forgot to mention that the cast was dressed by SA Fashion Week and they were dressed according to their characters. So since Charmaine plays some Aunt,she had to dress like one. You will also notice when you watch the show that these outfits they had on here are the same ones they will be wearing especially on the 1st and second episodes. My apologies beloved Bloggers. I should have mentioned that.

@lolington kwaaa says >>>>> “Hehehehehehe, so @Kiki there are 2 Slindiles? Baby Cele and the Beautiful Tango?”
    Hai ke i don’t know how to answer this any more than I wrote it on the article. Someone please help. Lol

18. Uthando on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 11:36 am

Slindile was once young neh Tango was playing thts part Slindile omncane than wakhula u Slindile kwabe sekungena u Baby Cele lo,

19. KewlGal on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for clarity Kiki, besendimangele by Charmaines outfit..

20. Kiki on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 12:06 pm

Lol @ KewlGal.

Thank you so much at Uthando.I hope @lolington kwaaa is on the same page as all of us now. Lol

21. Lela on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 1:12 pm

That shoe that Weza is wearing is R300 at some shop in Northgate so I will also be rocking one soon.

22. Makgotso on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 1:34 pm

Inkaba’s cast mhmmmmhhhhh kuboshelwe so I won’t miss it will try by all means to be @ home @ 20H30.

Thanks for clarity Kiki bengisamangele ngoCharmaine good thing I read all the comments.

Matshepo has a great body Thixo

23. Biskiti on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 9:10 am

I watched Inkaba, and was disappointed, i know ke early days, scratch that, first day, mara shooo it was like i was watching the repeat ya Backstage. The acting is close to terrible for some people, at some point Dumisani sounded like he was reading his script, just like he did ko Generations.

Had to think of Dexter when MmaNakedi Ribane appeared on screen, she wasn’t too bad. Ntate John Kani…ya neh, how do i say this, he is a legend on stage, but tv haayi maybe he’ll sound more natural with time.

All in all, i was not impressed shem. I’ll give it a shot again for the rest of the week…

24. Kiki on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 9:52 am

Nami I agree, MmaNakedi Ribane cant act shem. I respect her a lot but her acting is just nje. It’s like she tries too hard or she doesn’t push herself hard enough, i don’t know which is which between the two. But yena yena nje her acting is not on point shem,never been. It’s like she is reading. *sad face*

25. girliegal on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 11:20 am

I switched to another channel after the first ad break. So disappointed cos I was really looking forward to it from their promos but they didnt live to my expectations. I pvrd the whole series so when Im bored ill give it a chance again. but for now…..its still Discovery Investigations for me

26. Makgotso on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 11:37 am

I will give it a try again if it doesn’t improve bandla I will stick to ZONE 14 at least Ntate Moloi keeps me entertained with his evil heart. I hope I will be able to tolerate it today kudlala ledrama yaseKapa konje yini forgot its name

27. FunkyFK on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 12:42 pm

Shem askies Im sorry, I cant do this Inkaba – has a lots of low budget tendencies. The acting was crap, the lighting, and and and.

Is this SA Fashion Week garments??? Haai, ang’sazi ke.

28. Brown Shuga on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 12:51 pm

I was very, very disappointed with this show. After all this talk.. When I saw last night’s episode, I understood why they showed Episode 2 to the media instead of 1. Bad way to start. Some of the scenes were shoddy.

The worst scenes:

1. In John Kani’s office. all that kissing between him and his wife could have been limited to 1 kiss.
    When Dumisani (Kwezi) and his white friend walked in and the mother went to them to get kissed… BAD!!!!!!

Sorry to DEXTER, you called it re: Nakedi Ribane.

2. That scene where the white boy grabs that girl just before the fashion show and tells her “Not here”. Bad.

I’ll watch again but The Wild messed it up for us shem, now we expect the same high standards

29. kimmo on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 1:07 pm

is it at 8.30??

30. Gomolemo on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 2:27 pm

INKABA: Terrible, terrible, terrible. Bad acting, bad sound, bad script (yes i know it was only the first episode). But im not watching it again, im taking a “dablap” on this one. I am so..so dissapointed!!

31. Loulou on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 2:31 pm

I HATED it too! yuck! such bad picture quality? 20:30 remains bath time for me shem, I’m not gonna tolerate that. Ene that love moment between Dumisane and that girl? WTF? Nxa!

32. kimmo on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 3:16 pm

next monday you can watch SO What , i bet inkaba was not worth it

33. Miranda on Wed, 21st Mar 2012 8:24 am

I watched the first minutes and while trying to figure out what the hype was about,my house mate started chatting me up…which was more interesting.

34. Vesa on Thu, 22nd Mar 2012 9:35 am

Khaya has a thing for Tswana ladies. It was Boity and now Pricilla.

I was wondering where I’d seen Matshepo from, and now I remember her. Honestly, I’m not loyal to soapies I watch them on and off. So I wouldn’t bet on watching Inkaba

35. JUST CURIOUS : SPOTTED WEZA | wezasolangeblog.co.za on Sun, 1st Apr 2012 12:02 am

[...] Link: read more This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Tamia. Bookmark the permalink. [...]

36. FunkyFK on Fri, 20th Apr 2012 11:11 am

Inkaba neh – I was one of those who watched the 1st episode and I was so disappointed. I promised myself never to watch it again however in absence of anything better that time, I found my telly on 107, and me watching.

I must say I have been enjoying it since then, The acting is still crap, especially Nakedi’s but the story line keeps me glued every day. Cant wait for Monday to see what happens between Mzi Khumalo and Nomsa Mthetho.

37. forex affiliate program on Tue, 13th May 2014 1:48 am

forex affiliate program…

Spotted: Inkaba Launch | Just Curious…

38. Full Posting on Sat, 17th May 2014 12:43 pm

Full Posting…

Spotted: Inkaba Launch | Just Curious…

39. detocell aqua opinie on Wed, 16th Jul 2014 7:46 pm

My family members always say that I am wasting my time here at
    web, except I know I am getting knowledge all
    the time by reading such nice articles or reviews.

40. pinterest on Wed, 24th Sep 2014 2:38 am

Most Facebook users are teenagers who do not have
    a lot of money to spend. Founded in March 2010, Pinterest has become the fastest-growing social media site on the
    web, gaining 145% more users since January 2012 alone.
    It does mean figuring out where your target audience is engaging (social networking sites) and developing a strategy for how you’re
    going to reach them.

41. skyperoom.com on Fri, 3rd Oct 2014 11:01 pm

So now I had everything plugged in, connected to the internet,
    and ready to go. Tech savvy readers are well aware of the Sony Ericcson device and it’s
    been a slow push getting the desirability to market
    mainly due to lack of content and games that would make it useful.
    It’s like a car manufacturer making a GPS unit standard in the car you want to
    buy, then charging you $3,000 for it, when you could go
    to Best Buy and buy one for $500.

My blog emulateur xbox 360 gratuit (skyperoom.com)