In The News…

April 17, 2012 by

Judging by what everyone (as in everyone who loves gossip) is talking about, you’d swear Zahara was the only story making headlines this weekend. Well, she wasn’t… so let’s catch up on what we missed!

So, there was something about Khanyi and her new Kwela man, news that Lizelle Tabane aka Juju chick is now dating Teko Modise, Francis Rasuge, the police woman who was killed by her boyfriend in 2004, was finally laid to rest and I am glad that her family finally has closure in this matter.

Apparently Nicki Minaj deleted her Twitter account… because The Nicki Daily leaked a clip from her upcoming album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. She thereafter blocked them, which started a Twitter war and she got mean comments from her fans and eventually she decided to leave Twitter. *sigh*. I think it’s just a stunt… she’ll be back.

SA’s Got Talent, the reality show is coming back and has now been taken over by eTV. Seems like eTV is trying to become a leader when it comes to Reality TV. They are also working on Kelly Khumalo’s reality show, Rolling With Kelly, and the show is in production now. Apparently every season they roll with a different celeb, Zola had his season, now it’s Kelly’s and after Kelly it will be someone else.

I never got to see Zola’s but I’m looking forward to Kelly’s, should be interesting.

I never ever believed the rumours that Ashton Kutcher was dating Rihanna because I can’t imagine what they could possibly have in common. Now word on the street is that Ashton is seeing Mila Kunis, who starred with Justin Timberlake in Friends With Benefits.

I like Mila and  think it’s great that Ashton’s dating someone his age, if he is. It will make Demi feel really crappy though… Mila’s reps have come out to defend the dating rumour saying that the two have been friends for years. Well, it’s Hollywood… time will tell and I’m gonna believe it… just coz I like them together.

In other Ashton news, he hasn’t made a comment about the news that he will be playing Steve Jobs in an upcoming biopic.

Now that they are done with Hyundai, Louis Vuitton is suing Warner Bros for featuring a fake LV handbag in Hangover 2, claiming that it is tarnishing their brand. Warner Bros is saying they should sue whoever produced the bag… ayi, Hollywood!

Brad and Angelina Jolie are engaged finally, I hope it’s a good thing for them, I just got nervous when I heard… like eish, what if they break up now as a result.. Marriage is kinda scary these days.

Back Home:

Former Channel O & Vuzu Presenter Nonhle Thema is said to be selling her Precious Ivy perfume in Church. Apparently she set up a stand at Alleluia International Ministries in Lyndhurst and promised to give 10% of the profits to the church but some church members aren’t happy… In her quote she says it’s all part of her social development work. I’m curious about the scent but I wouldn’t go as far as buying.

The African Movie Academy Awards are taking place this Saturday in Nigeria and I’m so so so so so so jealous! Some of our South Africans stars nominated will be there and so will Hollywood actress Lynn Whitfield (pictured above) and Morris Chestnut. 2Face and ASA are also expected to perform, it’s so gonna be a great party and I wish everyone who’s going to Naija a safe trip and I know they will have fun!

Yesterday the internet was abuzz with Tupac’s hologram performance at the Coachella festival in Carlifonia. You can watch the “performance” below, so so amazing!

Madnessssss!

The Rumour Mill
Telkom KnockOut Fixtures
Live Blog: Channel O Music Video Awards

Comments

57 Comments on "In The News…"

1. greengoose55 on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 2:53 am

Nonhle Thema is a stupid hoe. Thenks.

2. Miranda on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 2:56 am

Dear LV

The route to downtown Joburg is that way ————–>,you enough people to sue for a good year.

3. RexonaABC on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 3:37 am

LOL @ Teko and Lizelle, it’s kinda…….
    I hope Khanyi gets what she wants and according to SW, it sounded like the guy really likes her, but then it’s SW.
    I love Angie, hope they remain happy hle ba2ng.
    I don’t think Demi should feel crappy, their time is up with Ashton, so any of them is allowed to follow their hearts.
    @ BS, have you watched the BlackBerry Babes naija movie?

4. fabulicious on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 4:33 am

Lmao at selling perfume in church! Hay I’ve heard it all!!

Is Lizelle thaaaaat desperate? Kubuhlungu ukuba loose yazi!

5. inURdreams on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 6:15 am

selling a perfume at church, I have never heard. The universe has taught NT a very valuable lesson, very fast nafuthi. I’m not even curious about the smell I lost interest in her a long time ago.her marketing diploma didn’t prepare her for the socio-cultural trends of our country shem and contrary to popular belief NOT any publicity is good publicity..in her case BAD publicity was just that BAD publicity. Moving along Khanyi Mbau eeerr. Moving along Rolling with Khelly eeerr.

6. LadySasha on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 7:32 am

Death by Non-Claire selling perfumes at church, lolest. Life must be really tough for her, let’s hope she invested some of her “millions”

7. Tebatjo on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 8:18 am

I’m also think Ashton and Mila would make a cute couple… As for Brad and Ange, I think it might still work out coz they didn’t really rush into marriage, I mean its been 7 years now…

8. Nerlee on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 8:50 am

NT is serious about this business, hope it will be worth it!

9. LadySasha on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 9:00 am

Selling perfume at a church?? Is she that desperate? Lmao!! Let’s hope our very own “Beyonce” invested some of her “millions”

10. Smang-mang Warona on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 9:02 am

Things we see on JC: What’s in the news, What Sunday World said, some brand’s press release, Nonhle Thema news, Something about Radio – presenters, a comment about a show, a mix.. can you guess what the next blog will be about??? You guessed it – the latest Magazine Covers!!! YAY!!

11. snapza on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 9:43 am

#Deathby Smang-mang! Lol Nonhle is desperate.

12. Luyah on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 9:48 am

LOL @smang-mang!!

shame that Juju gal is trying too hard to remain in the spotlight, from politicians, to businessman to soccer stars. tjo!!!

cant wait for Rolling with Kelly, i hope it doesnt bore me like Rolling with Zola,thank goodness it was trashed!!

I was hoping Rihana was reali dating Ashton only bcos there r such a random couple,i just wanted to see how they will make it work and the overall outcome. ohw well… guess not!!

13. Kusihlwa on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:01 am

Kwaaaaaaaa@Smang-Smang,,,you have finished me,yho, dead…dead…dead.

14. BeyBey on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:02 am

Guys what is a HOLOGRAM?

15. Nkey.. on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:10 am

What about Khanyi and her Boyfriend?Wanna hear more those 2 are interesting.

Finally we hear something productive since the claim of Kelly’s bouncing back to the industry.Also cant wait for that show.

Lmao! @ Miss millionaire why church out all places.Wrong move cc try another spot I thinks Mall’s were perfectly fine.

SMH @ that Juju girl but anyway she can do whatever I dont give rats.

#dead by BS not wanting to suport another black sister.Please buy and give us feedback.Im also curious and I’d buy the perfume.

Some blogger’s really do not know what they want.If there’s no new blog they complain.Mgosi is been dished out they still have negative sh!t to say.

@ Smang-mang allow me to call you an A$$ coz what you are saying is annoying try something else to score yourself Lol’z & Kwa’z Ok

16. BeyBey on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:12 am

Speaking of fake LV,,,, what is this craze in Jo’burg with fake LV, Jimmy Choo, Buberry, etc (bags, jeans, belts, jackets, clothes) I see every corner I go? What happened to wearing your Truworths clothes that you can afford? Why must people go to an extent of buying fakes?> especially when you DONT even look like someone that will afford an LV bag, why embarrass yourself? Well not only Jo’burg, I saw this craze again in Mpumalanga this past weekend… People lets love ourselves toe

17. kamzababy on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:15 am

haibo smang mang please take a seat tuuu! its better that nothinhg atleast the article is open for comments so you can cook mgosi cos clearly BS doesnt have or doesnt want to cook it.

18. kimmo on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:16 am

hallo nkey ‘waving very very hard”

19. Newkid on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:16 am

BeyBey – what does someone who can afford a LV look like? – justcurious

20. Loulou on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:17 am

Lizelle is a fame ho – she even has a manager, apparantly she asks journos at parties to mention that she was spotted! She’s young – she’ll grow!

So why didnt anyone tell me that Pearl and Primrose are sisters and Pearl is still being bankrolled by Theunis?!

21. Newkid on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:19 am

and smangmang – It works for most of us and we love the contents here so go somewhere else -

22. kimmo on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:22 am

@loulou, funny enough i have a very soft spot for this pearl , dont know why

23. Nkey.. on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:25 am

Waves very High with the size of that chicken lickin orange monster’s arms @ my friend @ Kimmo hope you doing good Luvie :)

…and ow! Brown Suger please upload that new single ya Dineo Ranaka heared it once on metro on adiel’s show and I luuuuuuuuved it.a fresh sound and a beautiful voice.Im impressed.
    Still in beautiful songs I was surprised that Chomi I mean the one and only Chomi can sing R&B so well international level I tell you.

24. sweetbabe on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:36 am

I like Mila, i’m not sure about Ashton… but they kinda look good together, i didn’t watch rolling with Zola, i won’t kelly either.. eish kanyi & her man(no comments), Louis Vuittons is suing warner bros ayo there americans they sue you for everything & anything.. uLV mengase eze inDurban she’ll die, each n every chines job kukhona ama ama fake LV

25. caramel on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:41 am

Hi guys.. I’ve been silent blogging for quite a long time and thanks to just curious I now know a lot about a lot. Because of this platform, I have been made aware of certain people thatI wouldn’t have known about ever in my life. The one person I am specifically curious about is this Melody Motha chic. She’s always mentioned in some comments and that has triggered an interest from my side and i have found myself so intrigued by her life based on what i see on twitter and some of the comments on JC. Now i just wanna know what that chic’s claim to “fame” or popularity is. I know i’m gonna be attacked and told how lifeless i am etc, but truthfully, im JUST CURIOUS…

26. Smang-mang Warona on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 10:59 am

Nkey.. what in the world made you think I’m trying to score kwaa’s and LOL’s heh? Here I am blogging for myself minding my own busines only to be told I’m complaining.. ‘Skambhora plz..

27. Smang-mang Warona on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:04 am

@Newkid (on the block) no I will not go somewhere else – maybe you should honey.. and if you don’t like my comment ignore it. Moving right along – not in the mood to fight on such a beautiful tuesday morning..

28. fabulicious on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:11 am

@caramel.. I have no words for you yazi sisi

29. Loulou on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:17 am

@Caramel, all I know is that she’s married to Tshepo Molale

30. kimmo on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:19 am

whats tshepo molalae’s claim to fame

31. BeyBey on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:20 am

Newkid: You cant be taking a taxi ko Bree and be carrying an LV bag, it just doent make financial sense.

32. Sarita on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:26 am

Heehee kiki was subtweeted the other day,she posted a pic of clintbrink on twiter(I think they were havin breakfast),a minute later,
    @semakalengm’s tweet: “And U madam,always wanting to hang around “famous” ppl,what is ur story?name dropping all the time,who r u,what do u do,what r u about?
    “Some1 said it well n said its like u were one of those kids in school who were neva popular and now u must tell us when u r with semangmang!”

Things that make me go,TJOOOO!!!

33. BeyBey on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:29 am

Newkid: You cant be taking a taxi ko Bree and be carrying an LV bag, it just doent make financial sense…

34. Fezzy on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:34 am

@Sarita…..how do u know that she was subtweeting uKiki? Im just asking cos there are a lot of people who are always telling us which celebrities they are hanging out with. So how do u know that she was refering to Mrs Bopha?

Eish ziyabuya ku Twitter.

35. sxylin on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:37 am

kwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Sarita someone sent me a screen munch abt tht and unbeknown to them they all call each other friends mara ke hhayi im done fighting for days!

36. dejane on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:44 am

Nicki Minaj ne? These Americans are good at pulling publicity stunt!

LOL @Smang-mang..

37. dejane on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:49 am

Speaking of twit pics, I get annoyed when people twit pic their food..Its always the ‘fancy’ meals, you’ll never see em posting pics of their peanut buttered brown bread, always putting up pics of their red velvet cakes, sushi (bo Tibz)

38. Thandwayo on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 11:57 am

Lol…Smang-Smang….!

Akathandwa uNohle apah nhe? why cheap shots ta he rall the time, she’s human people, she has done worng the least you can do is forgive her or let he rlive her life,,,shuu!

Khanyi Mbau i am sorry but your boyfriend-tht boy ”looks’ gay, is tht a cover up or what??

39. Sundani on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 12:11 pm

Hello errrrbody. Vhathu vhatshe vho takala musi.

So now Nonhle is selling perfume in church yoh soon she wil be selling in taxi ranks…
    I cant wait for Kelly’s reality show..

40. Lela on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 12:14 pm

LOL hayi Dejane mina I do shem xa ndipheke kamnandi,like kumnandi unconywa.

41. Luyah on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 1:44 pm

@Sarita i saw that too, nd i was lyk tjo!!

42. soul sista on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 2:03 pm

hmmmm… :-)

43. zolile on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 2:09 pm

So what if she sells her perfume at church?! These days sum people sell worse at church or even go looking for the wrong things at church abafundisi even kill each other for ownershIp of ministries mos. Nonhle aint killing or golombing any1 at church uzama ukuziphilisa nje naye.
    And since sum ppl r so against nonhle I’m sure saying I saw her at noord setting up perfume stand in a 2cm skirt drawing the ryt crowd for sales wud go down well ne? Hayi bafazi masimuseni ukuhlambalazana ngezinto ezingekho, amadoda ayas’hleka

44. Ntombi Yomzulu on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 2:40 pm

@Loulou, Pearl and Primrose are far from being sisters so that aint true darling
    @Sundani that guys does not look gay at all(well to me)he is just a cute young boy I dont see anything ethi gay kuyena
    @Dejane, mina I post ujeqe nobhonsthisi there is nothing fancy there actually I once posted uphuthu with cabbage and chicken stew that I cooked myself….

45. Sundani on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 3:06 pm

@Ntombi its not me who said khanyi’s man looks gay.

46. Plastic on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 4:09 pm

I’m Just Curious but i’m too scared to talk here. lol,

47. Makgotso on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 4:13 pm

Hi Soul Sista, its good to see you passing by ha ha ha ha and Big Brother is starting in May, unganqabi hleeee

48. soul sista on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 4:59 pm

Hello Makgotso. I’m actually practicing how to comment on blogs again, this is in preparation for Biggie in May.
    I’ll be here…

49. MyThoughts on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 5:57 pm

@Zolile Hellloooo she’s NONHLE THEMA. The richest girl in (S)Africa. And ohhh the we have left her alone ages ago (hence she’s selling her perfume at church). People are just curious gore why would she choose church of all places. Where’s Edgars? Red Square etc or maybe her own perfume store (she can afford it mos). And I’m really disappointed in Smurfs, why ba sa reke perfume ya ngwana e mong, she’s trying to make a living naye.

50. sxylin on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 6:05 pm

Hehehehe I am sitting with a friend at this restuarant and at the table next to us is this A list celebrity! Hot hot and urs truly goes on to stare! Gosh I never been soooo star struck! Now my friend tells me I am embarrassing her kwaaaaaaaaaaaa; I have this urge to ask for a picture lmaooooooooooo

51. fabulicious on Tue, 17th Apr 2012 8:45 pm

Who’s that @sxylin? *curious*

What’s ur handle? I wanna follow u

52. Pana on Wed, 18th Apr 2012 10:23 am

I think Kelly and her sister have beautiful legs shem.
    bamilile 2′s – love the shoes.
    I’d love to go to Niger just for uMorris Chestnut ke. ;)

53. LadySasha on Wed, 18th Apr 2012 12:32 pm

@Ntombi really? I actually thought this rumour is true, since pearl has so many pics of herself @ Primrose’s house and some bloggr here claimed to know them from Welkom, apparently they share a father

54. Ntombi Yomzulu on Wed, 18th Apr 2012 12:54 pm

No honey, Prim’s sis is Pearl Mooi and uyafana noPrimrose. Pearl umzulu wangakithi

55. kimmo on Wed, 18th Apr 2012 1:06 pm

@ntombi kante wena which pearl are you talking about?

56. LadySasha on Wed, 18th Apr 2012 2:27 pm

@Ntombi I am talking about pearl mooi, kgante wena o bua ka mang?

57. Smiles on Thu, 19th Apr 2012 3:05 am

Someone asked what a hologram is. Its a 3dimensional projection of an image, but that Tupac one wasn’t actually a hologram because its 2dimensional. If you noticed you could only see the front of it and not the back or side. It’s like a regular projector on a white screen, its just that they found a way to project the image on stage without a screen in the background.