Just Random Thoughts
I always thought that it was a load of crap when those older than me said to me that with age comes wisdom. To me, it came across as something that older people say to younger people in order to come across as superior and command respect that they have not earned. I am not the type of person that reads book and I have nothing against those that do, in fact, I encourage it.
I am a thinker; I am that person that can sit in a house alone with the TV and radio off and be content with entertaining my thoughts. It is during these times that I realise how I have grown and the lessons that life has taught me, lessons that make it easier to understand life in as much as there is a lot that one still has to learn. The other day I randomly took these thoughts to my twitter timeline and thought that I should share them with you here.
Here are my random thoughts on life, love and relationships:
- God has blessed me with the gift of intuition and connecting with people on a spiritual level. This makes me an excellent judge of character. Being an excellent judge of character is crucial in the times that we live in, as people are dangerous with each move driven by some form of personal agenda.
- It is sweet to have friends and family members that you trust but NEVER forget that they are your kryptonite. Nobody can hurt you like your keen.
- Know who your real friends are. Set high pre-requirements for those that seek to be close to you. Constantly evaluate their loyalty to you. Jesus, Shaka Zulu and Julius Caesar were not betrayed by acquaintances.
- When someone randomly volunteers sensitive information about himself or herself ALWAYS take it with a shovel of salt. There is always an agenda. Do not allow yourself to be in a position where you are the vessel of false information and you stand by it because you heard it from the horse’s mouth.
- It is okay to care what people say about you. What is unacceptable is to allow it to infiltrate and poison your principles and core being.
- Your home is your sacred space. Be very selective as to whom you grant access to it
- In school, very few of the kids that twanged and used bombastic words were A students. Do not allow them to intimidate you know.
- A person that confronts you with an accusatory tone is NOT your friend. Friends find it difficult to believe anything negative about you. They would much rather not share their opinion on the matter until they have spoken to you.
- Crying is an essential part of healing. When you feel like opening the waterworks, DO IT! This thing of men not being allowed to cry is part of the reason why the majority of Black men are emotionally retarded and resort to violence when confronted by emotions.
- NEVER allow ANYONE to make you feel guilty about your education or achievements. You did not inherit any of it, you have worked hard for it.
- Just because someone does not confront you about something that you did behind his/her back does not mean he/she has not found out.
- NEVER sincerely apologise more than once. Someone that keeps hammering you after you have sincerely apologised is not there for your apology but for revenge and your apology means very little to them.
- NEVER share your dreams, plans and ambitions in detail. Not everyone around you wishes you well and you do not need informed negative counteractive energies. Keep the devils guessing.
- Love the one you’re with! It may seem attractive out there but the reality is grim. People are sexy and cute until you have to deal with their bullshit. Stick to the crap that you have studied and evaluated. When it comes to crap, there is no better feeling than knowing the air freshener that works.