Idols: How Is it Possible?
The following contestants made it to the Top 10 of this year’s Idols:
- Chloe Kiley (24) from Cape Town
- Dominic Neill (20) from Johannesburg
- Khaya Mthethwa (25) from Durban
- Melissa Allison (23) from Port Elizabeth
- Monde Msutwana (30) from Pretoria
- Nosipho Mngomezulu (22) from Soshanguve
- Obakeng Ramaboa (26) from Munsieville
- Shekhinah “Sheki” Donnell (17) from Durban
- Simphiwe Gwegwe (23) from Port Nolloth
- Tshidi Tenyane (28) from Thokoza
For being in the Top 10, they’ve already won:
- Branded Customized Luggage from Ford
- R10 000.00 in cash from KFC
- A Keyboard or Guitar to the value of R5000.00 from Yamaha
- A R4000.00 fashion voucher from Truworths
- A Shure Handheld Wireless System (Shure PGX24) to the value of R7125.00
- And a Galaxy SIII and Galaxy Note from Samsung
Now that we’ve got that out of the way…
As much as I’m happy with the racial profile of the Top 10, I can’t help but wonder…. just how real is all this? After all the talk and complaints about the past seasons being too white, all of a sudden the Top 10 just so happens to look like this? Mmmh… I smell a rat.
But before someone says we don’t know what we want… Congratulations to the Top 10. Will be glued to the screen till the finale.
Team everyone in RED.