Remona Moodley: Our Miss World Representative
The 62nd edition of Miss World will be held on 18 August 2012, in Ordos, China and South Africa will be represented by Remona Moodley. Here’s a bit of information about our Representative:
Remona works as a Business Analyst having graduated with a degree in electrical engineering. She describes herself as an ambitious, dynamic and creative person. Her interests include embroidery, fishing, squash and tennis, and she says her favourite food is anything cooked by her mother.
One-on-One with Remona Moodley:
What projects are you currently involved in?
- I am a member of Mensa – a society for people with an IQ in the top 2 percent.
Who is your Role Model?
- My Dad is my role model and mentor. As a young person he had to drop out of school to help his family financially by painting sari’s and selling samoosas. Determined to give his own family a better life than his own, he did not let his circumstances determine his future. Through hard work and perseverance, he now owns his own business. My father always encouraged me to go after everything I wanted and assured me that failure is often delayed success.
Who is your favourite local band/artist?
- Lindiwe Suttle. Her music is so soulful and her intimate live performances make for a great night out with close friends.
Who is your Celebrity crush?
- Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgård (Eric in True Blood)
What are your favourite SA hot spot / holiday spot?
- Cape Town will always be my favorite holiday destination. I studied there for a few years and felt like I was on holiday every day.
Your Style/fashion tip?
- It is not so much about what you wear but how you wear it.
What is your Pet Peeve?
- Bad manners
Show your support for Remona Moodley at this year’s Miss World pageant by liking the “Miss World – South Africa” page on Facebook and following @MWSouthafrica on twitter.