Brandy’s Back With TWO ELEVEN!
Brandy’s long awaited album Two Eleven was released in South Africa on Tuesday 16 October 2012, after a 4 year long wait.
Shame man, she wanted to release this album in 2010 under Jay-z’s Management Company but that did not work out, subsequent to being dropped from her Record label as well. The album’s title is taken from Brandy’s birthday; it is also the day on which her idol, mentor and friend, Whitney Houston died. The 33 year old Miss Norwood also has an alter ego named Bran’Nu which apparently comes out when she raps. To me B-Rocka seems to be cloning B-eyonce, maybe this illuminati thing does make people rich and famous, if ikhona.
Brandy Royana Norwood, was born February 11, 1979. She has been singing since kudala wethu, I thought I was a fan of Brandy until I got into a “contest” with my friend Lavern, he beat me with his hands down and tied on his back. The talk about this Album would be at the heart of our conservations if we are not talking about isijolo and life nje. When the CD hit the stores my friend had already placed an order.
Album tracks and thoughts:
2. Wildest Dreams is her 2nd single, it’s a song that needs understanding of Brandy’s life and its ups and downs because with luck not being on her side ,she felt her music career was coming to an end.
3. So Sick, is a vibey kinda song.
4. Slower, which she co-wrote with Brown Shuga’s man Chris Brown, is a sexy song. Good for setting a love making mood. hehe
5. No Such Thing As Too Late, this song mara *weeps*! This is a typical Brandy song. Beautiful lyrics and the sound of her ever maturing voice takes you through the emotions. The song is real, she talks about herself and on the 2nd verse you can hear her voice get stronger and powerful.
6. Let Me Go, is a hippy song but fun to listen to.
7. Without You, is just nje. I think I need to listen to it some more, so that it can grow on me.
8. Put It Down, (featuring Chris Brown), which you all know. I love it when Breezy says “Girl you know I got a big ego” pointing somewhere.
9. Hardly Breathing, another beautiful song, the best song on the album I reckon. To me it’s like she is singing “Love wouldn’t count me out” beautiful on this song. She says “this old heart of mine won’t let u break it not again. Hurt too many times and I can’t take it, not again. Coz I am Hardly Breathing, one more teary eye or sleepless night just might kill this heart of mine”
10. Do You Know What You Have?, it’s a beautiful ballad, slow but hip hoppy at some stages
11. Scared of Beautiful, written by MR Out of The Closet, Frank Ocean, ba re it’s hot in the closet. None the less it’s a beautiful ballad but hip at some stages as well.
12. Wish Your Love Away, it talks about a mad black woman. I still need to understand it.
13. Paint This House, I’m starting to like this one.
As I was listening to the Album i felt i was hearing a different Brandy breed, her music is a bit up tempo she is rapping as well. Everything about this album is new, New Record Label, writers and producers. So if you are looking for a Brandy with a different sound, give this Album a bash.
Review by Zeeba (c)