Pics: Red Carpet Channel O Music Awards

November 19, 2012 by

As usual, the Channel O Music Video Awards were a great party and for the first time, held in Soweto.  A park and ride service was arranged at Nasrec for all VIPs. Far as it was from the venue, it took away the headache of finding parking at the venue.

In general I thought they did a great job with the production, it was good to watch and those who watched on TV will agree. What you guys did not see is Tol Ass Mo trying to be funny during the ad breaks, it was actually sad. And embarassing.

The highlight of the evening for me was no doubt the Kwaito performance, D’Banj performing Oliver Twist and of course our very own Dr Malinga with his acrobatic/ballerina dance moves.

Let’s check out who whore what on the Red Carpet… minus the “who”part coz I don’t know half these people. Blame it on old age… Blogging Retirement is calling.

Here are the pics:

Lalla Hirayama always brings it! She was doing red carpet interviews for V Entertainment.

MaEezy from Teargas. Looks like delelas are back.

I love this dress..

DJ Zinhle reminding us why we need to go to the gym…

Nigerian artist, Mo Cheddah.

Destiny’s Child… Micasa gave a great performance during the show, together with Soweto Gospel Choir.

Khuli Chana, who later performed his hit song Tswa Daar.. Hope that thats his sister.

DJ Cleo please shave tuu?

Or do I need to get Mandoza’s bodyguard to make you do it…

lol guys like where did Mandoza get this big guy hle? Hehehe Here they are with Kwaito artist EES

Ice Prince (left) the Oleku/Superstar hitman co hosted the show with Bonang

Moruti Kabelo Mabalane was one of the presenters…

DJ Cleo le Mandoza…

wild Channel O Presenter Denrele

DJ Switch  on some “bosso ke mang”swag

Wildin it out

I still haven’t forgiven Vimbai for mistreating Karen in the big brother house…

Not sure about these shoes with that but she’s pretty…

On that bridesmaid swag…

Channel O’s SK looking fresh as always…

I wonder if he was signing an autograph?

More red carpet fashion looks…

…poses…

…fashion…

Yeah…

Hope you saw at least 1 or two things you liked.

Redds It Up Launch Gallery
Hetero Simulation!
The Good & The Bad : GQ Best Dressed Men Awards

Comments

146 Comments on "Pics: Red Carpet Channel O Music Awards"

1. daisy999 on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 5:30 am

loving lalla… oh she can dress to kill..

zinhle… sorry ddnt like what sh is wearing.. i think its cz of the black thing under the lace.. sh shuda wore a diff colour under..

kabelo looks nice.. but those shoes hle..

those two galz wearing purple though in the last pic.. who are they.. one looks lyks sh is gng to her matric dance.. the other ones weave nje , dat blag bag… n thoes shoes… SNM

2. Thabure on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:29 am

dumelang
    last pic…moriri norh my sista norh

@daisy those shoes are great tsa kabelo di mjojo ..

3. daisy999 on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:30 am

colour hle.

4. Zeal on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:39 am

Not sure bout DJ Zinhle’s dress…
    I loved MaE’s performance with Camp Mulla!! Their rap game is on steroids!!
    And I love Mo’Cheddah. When she performed “see me” I went bananas!! YHO!!

5. nontombi on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:46 am

Zinhle is wearing her curtain!!!! Tjo!!!!

6. Thase on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:50 am

Hello everybody, tjerr somebody send the rain this side, its boiling bathong, temperatures in the 40s.

Kwaaakwaaa at the second pic ya delela and the gate chains tsa Mr T.
    Seems #team vezithanga is in fashion.
    Tjo at guy with Mandoza’s muscles, he looks scary.
    Why is ice prince dressed like a sheikh or thats what they wear in Naija?
    The channel O guy with the spiky shoes an chains and the afro, hai no comment.
    I like the jumpsuit.
    T-pain look alikes bathong, kwaaakwaaa.
    The girl in the last pic with the hai, where are the weave stealers that were trending ko tweeter ka weekend? They must steal whatever is on the girl’s head. lol

7. Thase on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:53 am

eish meant with “weave”, dont wanna call it weave though.

8. fabulicious on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:48 am

I loveeee the second last pic, the black n gold number, lady’s got some Carol Bouwer swag!

9. soul sista on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:49 am

Next…
    lol, what’s happening with the weave on the last pic? Black + Blonde + Brunette or whatever colour there is :roll:

10. fufu on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:49 am

Mandoza’s bodyguard shoes.

11. IsaB on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:56 am

Wuuuuuu meriri ya ausi wa purple dress nkosiyam tjo,, eish Zinhle nt sure abt dt dress, SK lukin freshe,, hehehe dis Denrele child o tjags hlee

12. Occupation on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:58 am

Had to come out and laugh at the “on some bridesmaid swag” Haa Haa you don kill me o! the last pic of the sister in the purple dress… On some matron of honour swag.

13. lejazz on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:02 am

Ha ha ha ha ha ha Micasa likened to Destiny’s Child..JSomething ke Beyonce!! Lol
    Roko ya DJ Zinhle le yona o ka re some cloth ya go khupetsa dijo.

14. Applepurple on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:08 am

sister with a purple dress….,Gosh! her legs

15. nontombi on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:13 am

@ apple also saw those legs! Bio oil can be a life saver! Lol

16. Noance on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:14 am

That sunday lunch table cloth Dj Zinhle is wearing is a no no, fit or not fit. That was a white see through ERROR!!!!

Kuli Chana’s date should have taped her teabags, their are sooooo south bound for that dress!

Purple sister, the one with the weave? It looks like a cap weave, not happening.

Lalla always brings it, shame! hott!!

17. Rere_L on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:15 am

Nc Nc Nc, orange dress, lol #BridesmaidSwag kodwa BS!!

The purple ladies, why mara he? That weave, hahahahahaha, ai no

18. gesh on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:15 am

tjoo.. hay hay there were no pretty dresses here,.. and those red shoes with the purple dresses are soo wrong bathong.. hay ngekhe..

19. Nalizo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:17 am

I like Eku Edewor. She’s always on point.
    Denrele and his shoes…*mute*
    Lala looking lovely.

More pics please BS.

20. **Stars** on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:25 am

DJ Zinhle- her dress fits nicely around her burst
    SK- looking fresh indeed, but I don’t like the colour ya suit
    3rd last pic: the lady in a green(in think) dress- her boobs look wrong. Okare they’re about to fall. The lady in a long purple dress- kwaaaaaaaaaa
    The channel O presenter (Darele?)- dikwaikwai tsa gage O~o! Lol. + all those chains. Lol.

21. mzuaqe on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:26 am

Thase says:

@Thase: Would you like your Rain With R5 Lightning for someone “special”?

22. Smatsatsa on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:27 am

These awards were ok, no major fireworks…

Firstly, Bonang was not dominant at this event at all, her co-host got more time on stage than she did, she only appeared briefly and they didn’t gel well with each other, my view.. and we saw that moment when they both forgot their links and babbled..

Khuli Chana got so many nominations but bagged nothing, that was sad.. The Nigers dominated those awards nje, we were just hosting! lol

Micasa and Soweto Gospel choir killed that performance, it was orgasmic!

23. J-Girl on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:32 am

Dj Zinhle’s dress maara? Nkare there’s something missing, I just dont know what

24. Ms.Zie on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:35 am

Mara osisters ba accross the border bayayithanda lemibala e-bright on their hair!!! shu! Mandoza’s bodyguard is so freaking scary :( . DJ Zinhle’s dress is beautiful up til the waist, really didn’t get that bottom half :(

25. Angel_M on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:51 am

kwaaaaa @lejazz “Roko ya DJ Zinhle le yona o ka re some cloth ya go khupetsa dijo.” Eish mara why o mpolaya so vroeg.

I agree lewena Smatsatsa we just hosting vele, like who are all these people though *rolling eyes*

26. BlindFold on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:55 am

We as have so much resources to vote for our artists but we dont, the Nigerians vote for their people ie. Big Brother.

We have little support on our artists and music.

27. Angel_M on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:59 am

And those shoes tsa bodyguard ya Mandoza remind me of this guy we went to varsity with who used to wear them with his suit for practicals for his law degree, like i just could never get over it he just looked ridiculous and the way he’s still arrogant to this day smh!

28. Vesa on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:00 am

Mina the funniest moment for me was when Bucie said ‘This must be the specialest night” and even went on twitter to say “Special, specialer, specialest” Get the F*#k over it

29. Loulou on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:06 am

that limeish dress is Hott!!!!

30. siya on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:07 am

deathby metric dance dresses up in this B*

31. Sweet soul on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:08 am

@Vesa I liked the way she(Bucie) was launghing at herself on twetter, it was different from those celebs who take themselves too seriously, speaking of such celebs am I the only one who found Dineo’s “when u touch my foot though” comment rude??? I think it was unneccessary even the face she pulled after saying that..smh

32. FrozenBubblez on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:09 am

Y’all are spot on about DJzinhle table cloth dress…all that’s missing is my granny’s glass jug filled with oros and those matching glasses. Their gurl B* looks wrong shem…calculated risk or not! Her debut into the “40 countries Vs 1 mzansi” sounds like it wasn’t as bang as anticipated…I doubt nigerians who were stoked about their own sat up and said Wow that south african girl sure. can present! AymSho sandton hoes made a few dollars from all those nigerians

33. Smang-mang Warona on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:13 am

Some blogger once said “Vimbai the VIMPIRE!” That line still kills me.. I think it was Noance.. guuurl.. I’m still laughing!

Zinhle. No.
    And nigerians love fashion.. its not always nice fashion though..

The awards looked like they had awesome energy tho..

34. mzuaqe on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:19 am

Kwaphela kanjalo ke nge3 Minutes ka Bonang and what next? *cues ngiqome kwazulu, zulu mama zulu mama, kwaze kwamnandiiiii zulu mama, zulu mama iyoyoyo…”

35. nomthwalo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:22 am

@Sweet soul I heard that yazi, Dineo usene attitude nyana shem. Even her comments about tht guy that told her backstage that she is sexy. I was like ‘gurl he was just playing with you’

36. Gomolemo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:24 am

Why does Mandoza need a bodyguard vele?

37. Nerlee on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 9:47 am

“Do you have the opportunity to do what you do best every day?
    Chances are, you don’t. All too often, our natural talents go untapped. From the cradle to the cubicle, we devote more time to fixing our shortcomings than to developing our strengths.”

I JUST HAD TO SHARE

38. Sweet soul on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:00 am

@Nomthwalo ai that girl is starting to show a side of her I’m not crazy about and bengimuthanda, I onced bumped into her at the sabc studios when she when to do the interview with her mum and she seemed moody, but I just thought we all have those off days and told myself she wasn’t having a good day, then last week on headlines while Trevor Gumbi was interviewing her she softly pushes him and said something about him being in her face…lol

39. promisez on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:08 am

IM DBANJ……..
    IM DBANJ…….
    IM DBANJ…….

found this crazy nd cool !

Hayi B* disappointed us shemm! Lalla and Dineo should have taken over, they were hot in the red carpet.

there was just ZERO connection between Ice Prince nd B !

40. Letebele on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:21 am

The staging and lighting were on point. They did lack something,though you could see there was a lot of effort that did go into the production.

Lala and Dineo did a great job on the redcarpet. They looked beautiful.

Bucie made a mistake and laughed at herself,it happens when you’re nervous.

Bonang looked wrong nje. I didn’t get that Queen B vibe. Ekare she was an extra with a few links. Hayi no,I was expecting her to dominate with her usual gorgeous,fabulous self.

Zinhle looked wrong shem. Those legs under that curtain? U-e-e!

Is it me or were a lot of artists high on Saturday?

I think Dineo’s comment was no biggie. Imagine walking on stage on heels during a live show and somebody grabs your foot?! What would have happened had she fallen from that? Would we then say that person in the audience shouldn’t have grabbed her foot or would we be laughing at her for falling during a live show?

41. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:27 am

Hehehe why is that guy wearing high heels? — Wild Channel O Presenter Denrele?

42. mzuaqe on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:39 am

as @Hunt Posing a Question to ‘amaJCers’ hence they seem to know everything ——-> ?Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:27 am

Hehehe why is that guy wearing high heels? — Wild Channel O Presenter Denrele?

43. Thabure on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:44 am

@hunt lenna kemaketse the guy with heel..I guess its being fashion forward ..mara amakwakwai ku mjita is wrong

44. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:48 am

LOL Mzwakhe – i have looked at the pics a few times and when I see him; the WHY creeps on my head.

45. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:50 am

He’s too forward…very forward @Uncle Thabure. Eventually, it will be in fashion and sizobe sirokha amakwaikwai.

Uyakhumbula how skinny jeans were frowned upon. Look at us now. LOL

46. nomthwalo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 10:55 am

I think that guy was better dressed than the one who was wearing shorts #claps twice!!! the way abezishuna ngakhona ubhuti or should I say umysista showing off his black knees and the makeup nc nc nc

47. Solomon.Mahlangu on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 11:02 am

im officially dissowning Malume Thabure and Hunt… anginaMalume ozogqoka ama heel mina ! demmet.

anyways. Kabelo’s shoes are a must have.. i am getting myself a DIESEL delela as well this summer

48. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 11:11 am

Yeah bra… Kabelo’s shoes are a must have.

49. Mababez on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 11:31 am

Uyakhumbula how skinny jeans were frowned upon. Look at us now <<<< So true. I rember Avis Ndlovu from Joyous Celebration used to wear washed out skinny jeans in high school on cevies day. The way we used to laugh at her! Phela at that time we were wearing bagging jeans and Dr. Martins.

50. Mathaz on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 11:32 am

Just yesterday when i was wathcing Twilight, all three of them I just could not understand why Jacob can’t let go of Bella, after all she did say that he must not let her choose coz it;s gonna be Edward and it has always been him.

So on Saturday my nanny got run over by a bike, she is in hospital awaiting her leg to be operated on. I am still breastfeeding my 21 month old son, my plan was to stop just the before he turns two. So i had to take both my boys to my mom’s and will see them this weekend.

My breasts are full and now will be forced to wean him, i can’t do it. I am not ready. He is the last child i will ever breastfeed in my life, besides i feel i did not prepare him. I am having withdrawal symptoms and can’t let go. I just can’t let go.

51. OhSoStunning on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 11:47 am

I liked Lala’s dress mara she should lay off the yellow kanti yena o tla apara yellow every year??

Nna i like Zinhles dress and hair shame team vezithanga forever. .

Hi hunt :)

52. vumaaa on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 11:52 am

Where is our South African People?

Lol konje SABC took their people to to KZN.

53. lorrelai on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 12:04 pm

Hi fam, off-topic please: a while back there was a blogger, I think it was Bee, who posted a number/website about overseas hospitality jobs. Did anyone by any chance write down the details?

54. FrozenBubblez on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 12:09 pm

Mathaz I know the pain of full breasts…askies babe. Are you weaning your son coz you don’t know how long your nanny will be in hospital? Can’t you get a temp?

55. lulu boo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 12:19 pm

hugs Mathaz
    there was nothing wrong with Dineo statement.That crowd was out of order.

56. Mathaz on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 12:29 pm

@Frozen…I can’t live without a nanny hey, today i had to literally take things back in the fridge when i was preparing my lunch box. I am a very messy person but am a hands on mother. I bathe and feed my children but i need a person who will make the bed, wash dishes, clothes and iron. I cant do without a helper. I will take my last cents and pay.

@Lulu thanks for the hug, it helped.

57. FrozenBubblez on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 12:44 pm

@mathaz you can mos get a temp so long that way you won’t have to wean your baby

58. Botshelo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 12:44 pm

but i need a person who will make the bed
    @Mathaz I am sorry for what you going through, but whose bed are you refering to here? yours or boys’?

59. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 12:58 pm

Hey OSS. *waving*

Tltltltlt Botshelo. Let’s hear this.

60. Wild Island on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:10 pm

HAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUU @this guy DJ Zinhle also has a lady look alike shame siyabonga, or is HE a cross dresser?

LABUWA SHEM….sebete sesekana???

*Mocheda looked nice hle
    *Last pic ausi wa bag ya R20 ko joburg le maoto aowa
    *Zintle was not that bad hau mara why lere rokoyahae nkare ke doil?

wooooooooooooooo

BS RESA EMETSE DI INVITE TSA JC PARTY KE NEXT WEEK KANA…labona kochesa ntlo ena stru…

61. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Wildy, you’re shouting at the Boss Lady. Careful! Just saying. LOL

62. Wild Island on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:14 pm

hau @Mataz…

@today i had to literally take things back in the fridge
    ========
    so wena u make food and leave things as they are? and u mention ur messy mara ur a hands on “messy” mom? lehabareng ausi aowa..reminds me of a girlfriend of mine tjoooooooo nekele kohahae..washin was all over hle a 3 bedroom house nkare shes a hoarder aaah kamo atlelwa kebachaki alla hore ausi o klinang hatla..hana di waredrope wankutlwa mara ke u can pack stuff in boxes or get a chest of drawer hle wuuuu kehake batla lehohlatsa kamo kolomakisa kankane cos it meant lenna nekelo robala hodima waashene ..lehaokaba le nanny mara pls are gothaleng ke abuse eo kaofela job creation my foot!!

63. Wild Island on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:16 pm

aowa HUNT..nna shout? mara watseba keneng rebuwa kayona? heeee wadlala…kabotsa..cos lethotse

64. Fiat500 on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:21 pm

Am I the only one who feels that DJ Zinhle has that Serena Williams look?! – Very masculine, drag queen typa set up.. Ai

65. Applepurple on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:31 pm

@Fiat500 I Love that look and i’m working towards it. With that megatron look you never get cellulite.

66. Nanoo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:41 pm

last pic tho! from colour blocking to weave blocking hay inzima ihombo…SMH

67. Mathaz on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:48 pm

@Botshelo she makes all the bed in the house.

@Frozen…will get a temp soon.

@Wildy i am the nicest person a nanny could ever work for, believe me. Yes i am messy and it’s in the morning, I am in a rush to get to work. I am not abusing anyone and she is not working under extreme conditions. I have been with her since my baby was born, she knows my weakpoints.

68. BlindFold on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:51 pm

@Mathaz..with all due respect can you please make your bed and then she can make the other ones for the kids, but make yours.

69. Mathaz on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 1:55 pm

@Blindfold…it’s not easy as you think it is hey. We share a bed with my son, i am that obsessed so at times he is still sleeping.

70. Angel_M on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:04 pm

‘messy hands on mom’,tltltltltltl,BS was right this house turns every post into AG.

71. sultrydiva on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:08 pm

I wonder wat BS means when she wrote she hopes that’s Kuli Chana’s sister. @Mathaz I also hate living without a helper. It’s just too much. How olds your son again?

72. Wild Island on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:10 pm

Hai Mataz we all make time for such things…i used to make my bed kemontshe ngwana kemo apese kobo hodima bethe e entsweng,make her lunch staff and still be in time for work le nou she’s 10 now at least ka 5:30 kamotsosa ahlape ke etse bethe breakfast prepare sch clothes ales haketswa ka 6 everything is ready and wont expect hore motho anketsetse ntho tseding next thing retlabe rehlatswisa bo ausi di underware…tsoha ausi kebana bahao bahlokomele and motho oo athome moo ofelletseng teng..kahana..

73. fabulicious on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:13 pm

We do it at hotels mara endlini aai no

74. Applepurple on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:18 pm

yini engathi uMathaz ile type eyivila/inuku?

75. bumbum on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:22 pm

Hahaha seniqalile, aniyekeni uMathaz.

76. kamzababy on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:25 pm

nna, if i hire someone i will be hiring them to clean after me nje especially if kenale bana.. yes ka weekend i dont mind mara during the week ke her duties.. and if i’m late i will leave the bed shem she will make it gasa batle a tlogele

77. Wild Island on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:29 pm

iyoo heee…haike..nna ere ke etholele

lere jc party? anyone ? yes ? no? maybe? invites? ok..smoke break

78. fabulicious on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:32 pm

@Wildy u’re so right!!

@bumbum pls don’t tell me u also do that to the poor helper ngingadumala ngikuthanda kanje!

79. bumbum on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 2:54 pm

Lol @Fabu I don’t even have a helper, its just me and my Khentakhi nje. Its just the two of us.

I was saying that because some women bayenza iwashing yama phenti so kuyafana nje lento.

80. fufu on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:03 pm

Ii just wudnt feel right making someone make a bed that I was getting hlokolozad on the previous night…ya Fabu mmmmh it wouldnt feel right.

81. Mathaz on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:09 pm

Eish guys my challenges could be someone else’s luxury and my luxury could someone else’s challenges.#Thatsall

82. Botshelo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:12 pm

@Mathaz, thnkz

83. Lela on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:15 pm

Mathaz there is absolutely nothing wrong with your helper doing your bed, she’s your helper after all and you pay her.There is also nothing wrong with you being lazy or inuku as people say, that’s why you got a helper so you don’t have to feel guilty at all. We are all different ways of doing things and it would be unfair to expect you to do things in your house as I do in my house. We have people who don’t even want a helper to clean or enter their bedroom, are we then gonna say those who make their own beds but still have the helper clean the bedroom ngamanuku?

84. mzuaqe on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:16 pm

Tell us what you’re thinking…
    and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar <— The way icomplicated kateng (for me)

85. Wild Island on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:20 pm

diffence btwn cleaning a bedroom and making a bed Lela..hai

86. Botshelo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:20 pm

@ya’ll, different strikes for differnt folks!
    le ya di alola dibed mara bo aunty ba tlhatswa di sheets tsa lona tse le hlokolozang ho tsona, to me its the same.
    A alole aunty, as long as both of you are at peace with it

87. kamzababy on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:22 pm

amen!

88. Nanoo on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:23 pm

@mzuaqe me too even registered to that site but ha.a ayivumi maybe ndiyenza iwrongo :-(

89. Lela on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:29 pm

What is the difference wildy? cause from where I am sitting this is just a matter of values or principles and we all know that we all have different values and different ways of doing things so you cannot say just because wena you don’t believe in your helper doing your bed bese you impose that on Mathaz because the one who doesnt believe in a helper cleaning her bedroom will impose that on you. My point is we all do things differently and you can’t impose how you run your household on another person. Unless something is ilegal and I doubt having a helper make your bed is ilegal.

90. Lela on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:35 pm

For instance, i do not believe in having a helper cook for my man therefore when i was still vat n siting i’d come back from work and cook everyday without fail but there are women who are fine with their helpers cooking for their men and the men are also fine with it so why should i impose my principle on another woman who has a system that works very well for her?

91. Wild Island on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:36 pm

haike as she said @ya’ll, different strikes for differnt folks..nje! okwakhe lokho nje ngathi sonke

92. Wild Island on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:37 pm

haole botswa obotswa man finish..

93. Letebele on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:41 pm

I agree with Mathaz and Lela: its the helper’s duties to clean the house,every single room in the house. Ya’ll know how difficult it is to wake up and get ready for work on time so imagine being a family woman with kids and all. I give props to Mathaz being a hands on mom,that’s her strong point. Her not being domesticated is her weak point hence she got the helper. Besides there’s women who go to work and leave the bed as it is.

Lord know once I have a kid, I’m gonna get a helper coz nje that’s another 9-5 on its own.

94. Lela on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:55 pm

The thing women just always want to be better than the next,it’s ok if you are a supermom or superwomna just don’t expect everyone to be like u n most importantly don’t impose. It’s ok if wena u do everything urself while your helper watches TV but don’t impose on the other woman how she should live her life or run her household.

Wena Mathaz ncancisa sisi,mna i breastfed exclusively for 6 months pumps and all. All i cared about was pumping those bottles full than worry about making a bed when i have a helper.

95. Beautiful-Butterfly on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:57 pm

Whether its part of a job or not it is besides the point- le ge ba re bana ba batho ga se ba tseba sekolo, some things tsona aowa maan. Make her make the bed for you? Ke go tswafa tse ka moka. Like someone says- le tlo fetsa le re ba le hlatswetse di underwear. The least you can do is make your own bed hle. Yho

Its like deliberately loitering and saying there are people who were hired to clean up. Aowa maan- ga se botho nne

96. Cnglema on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 3:57 pm

@Mathaz there is nothing wrong with you nana, if i had the means nam shem i would do the same.The only house chore i love is cooking anything else i do it coz i have to. yes I only wash dishes maybe twice a week (just before i run out of plates & cups). I am teaching my 6 yr old boy ukuvasa izitya coz i cant deal mind you I bake almost everyday.I looked at the washing basket izolo and I wanted to cry thinking umntu kuyoba nini doing ironing everyweekend?

#teamNomavila and proud.

97. Phindy on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:01 pm

I think she also mentioned that when she leaves for work her son is still asleep in her bed so angiboni angavusa umntwana elele just to make the bed. I also make my own bed, clean my own bedroom & cook for my husband & mina I’ve got those helpers who wake up @ 5am, aba cleaner ama yard, bageze izimoto every morning. She even helps the gardener I’m sure the way akhuthele ngakhona & I’m sure abanye abantu think I’m abusing her but akezwa, I’ve tried talking to her but she will do everything, not because I asked her to but uthi akakwazi ukuhlala phansi, she must always move around, enze something.

98. Occupation on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:01 pm

Kahleni! Let the bed get made by umaAntiza if that’s what it takes. Mina I’m lazy when it comes to cleaning but I’m domesticated in the sense that I can cook for days. I’m all for getting helpers. I live on my own but even my own dishes, mopping, making bed , dusting appliiences are too much for me… I work 10 hours shifts plus I’m a student…on my down time the last thing I give a shit about are the dishes. I’m getting emo over this coz it’s an issue that my man is starting to get onto. He can go jump naye if he thinks that’s dishes

99. Occupation on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:04 pm

My man can go jump if he can’t understand that There are dishwashers and help to help in this regard. We aren’t all domestic goddesses, professionals, mothers and lovers… Where you are weak make plan b to cover u.

100. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:10 pm

Hhay’ Lela ukuhlohla ezinye izingane ukuthi zivilaphe. Breath Lela nana. Unifaka ehlathini!

These things we were brought up as wrong. Yes some decide to keep a pile of underwear because they can but what’s wrong is wrong is wrong. We know this.

Ndlula umbhede Mathaz. Say No to ukuvilapha. Say no to overworking omaAntiza.

101. FrozenBubblez on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:11 pm

A 21 month old is a full time job on its own! Asikathethi nge household! I’m a stay at home mom and Lord knows I need a helper…how much more to the woman who juggles that and a job?

102. Applepurple on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:13 pm

dirty dishes in this heat,mold and stink are the order of the day is some bloggers houses :(

103. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:16 pm

True Applepurple. I am very disappointed ubunyemfu obula. They’re making it look like it’s okay. Sies.

104. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:19 pm

True Applepurple. Ubunye*mfu obugcwele la. They’re making it look like it’s okay. Sies!

I think ubunye*mfu bu blockiwe why is this commenty not going?

105. Wild Island on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:24 pm

i Do/did @Frozen haikhona….latswafa man hai tjo …legebareng aowa nagana koko ago alolela mpeto tjooooooo *claps 50 times*

106. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:26 pm

Ubunyemfu @ApplePurple. Kuyafiwa.

107. Cnglema on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:28 pm

Applepuple azinuki xa uzifake efrijini lol!

108. Lady Zee on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:28 pm

I stay alone,NO kids and hubby is always out of town but i have a maid who comes in EVERY single day because I go to work and come back home worn out and i loathe a dirty house…The maid does everythn from the dishes to the car to the garden and yes to the bed and sometimes cooks for me!!I cannot imagaine my life without her shame(infact i can because i will replace her before she goes out the gate)!!!

ive always maintained the notion that why should i do something when i can pay someone to do it??I would rather spend all the quality time in the world with my hubby or kids than worry about a freaken bed!!So Mathaz dear continue being the excellent mom that you are to your kids and spend more time with them than with the bed or sink!!!Theres more to life than an undone bed and dishes…live a little people hawuu

109. kamzababy on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:30 pm

high Lady Zee
    I would rather spend all the quality time in the world with my hubby or kids than worry about a freaken bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

110. Applepurple on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:30 pm

@Cnglema your fringe is full of dirt dishes Gosh! uxakile

111. Applepurple on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:32 pm

* fridge(been watching a lot of fringe)

112. Shandu on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:34 pm

LOL @Cnglema so wena your fridge e nale dirty dishes? Hahahahaha

Nna my helper used to cook for mna and my hubby (Mon-Fri). I leave work at 5, I can’t get home ka 6 and then ngipheke. I have a helper nje futhi ngoba I have a kid otherwise ngabe ngiyahlala nje ngaphandle kwabo.

113. Chase on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:40 pm

god knows how many women ive broken up with over ths issue. i would neva marry a woman who cant cook, clean and do laundry.

if the helper will cook, clean and do laundry then i might as well marry her. whn i clean i expect u to do da dishes, whn i have washed da clothes u must iron.

if uzoba umesisi ungahamba uyofa

114. kamzababy on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:44 pm

Chase, are you marrying me or matsogo aka? huu kampane keska nyalwa! and most guys who like saying that hardly ever helps around in the house *RME*

115. Shandu on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:45 pm

But @Chase it’s impossible to get home at 6/7 cook, clean, laundry, the baby and o batla kuku xa siyolala. It’s tiring nje.

116. Shandu on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:47 pm

True @kamzababy – thet talk and they don’t help around the house. And they see go re o busy ka di chores and stuff and then they’d say “Ngilambile ngizodlani” habe imihlola

117. FrozenBubblez on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:47 pm

I never said I don’t make my bed or clean my house! I said its a lot of work when there’s a child in the mix….even more so to someone with a job!……..

What’s up with that Kelly Khumalo pic? Lentombazana mara!

Cwaka nge JC party??? Kanti why this cloak and dagger all of a sudden? I think its a bit insulting to our intelligence….I mean we were told that not everyone will get an invite…and that preference will be given to old bloggers so I don’t think anyone would slit their wrists if they know they didn’t make the list! This silence is annoying!

118. Chase on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:55 pm

ive been living alone 4 10yrs now, i do everything all by maself.
    u dnt cook, clean, laundry, baby, sex, everyday even if u do tht but whn u share da chores they become nothing.

having a baby is hectic but some ppl make it sound horrible

119. Letebele on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:56 pm

Oooooh Chase shem,gone are the days when women used to do everything.

Ya’ll need to remember that as much as we were brought up to do all these things because that’s what our mothers and grannies new,times have changed.

My grannies were both domestic workers and hence baye baqhela ukusebenza kanzima.

My mom kinda changed things and we grew up with uAunty from a very young age. Mainly because my mom knew she couldn’t be super woman. Leave the house at 5am and come back at 6pm. Its not only impossible but its unfair for men to expect us to keep the home clean,bring in the money to share the costs,cook,do the laundry,iron???

Oh hell no! Might as well go find yourself a stay at home mom/housewife coz le uyifunayo doesn’t exist in this day and age.

Unless ke you want me to stay home and all of these things so you can provide for the household. Now that would be fair,don’t you think Chase?

Wife=home maker/stays at home to make the bed,cook,clean,do laundry,iron,feed you and the kids,wash the dishes,lay on her back while you do the job on top.
    Hubby=goes to work and ensures that I get everything I want,everything I would afford if I was a stay at home wife/mom.

120. Hunt on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 4:56 pm

Things that make me go TJO!! Izinyemfu ezigcwele kwa JC! Ziyadudana. Awuthi ngiyoshela le emakhaya uNtomb’enhle.

121. Chase on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 5:02 pm

@Hunt, sewungaze uyolanda untombenhle bafo! phela untombenhle akakubheki nasemehlweni uma ekhuluma nawe.

and futhi untombenhle if usuza kuxolisa yena athi hhawu waphunyuka umsholozi o kamza bavele babize amagama amakhulu bathi ‘sies u r disgusting’

122. Chase on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 5:09 pm

@Hunt, uyahlonipha enjalo nje untombenhle, if u fart by mistake, she apologises athi hhawu uxolo waphunyuka ubaba, umsholozi omuhle.

but okamza bavele bakukhiphele phandle bakhulume amagama amakhulu esingisi bathi ‘sies u r disgusting’

123. FrozenBubblez on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 5:22 pm

I agree with Letebele. If you both wake up at 5 and come back round about the same time you deserve to have a helper who does everything….unless you have a chore roster to share them equally! I don’t have a helper coz I’m a housewife..but I do need one!! If the scripts were flipped my husband wouldn’t last a week being a househusband…My day starts at 6am when my child wakes up and ends at 8pm! That’s everyday of making more than 3 meals, cleaning the house, taking care of the child (that includes actively playing and stuff) laundry, sex, and sometimes mid month shopping! Most days I sweep and mop more than twice coz I have an active and messy child!

124. elegnamis on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 5:35 pm

My guy works 9 to 5. I work 12hr shifts.
    I have to drop off the child at creche so if it wasn’t for the helper I’d probably have to wake up at 4am.
    I get home just after 8.
    When will I get time to cook? Clean?
    Weekends are for relaxing not doing the laundry… I refuse!

125. Applepurple on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 5:46 pm

the issue was never about the helper. the issue was not making you own bed(i stand corrected)

126. OhSoStunning on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 5:56 pm

Ah well people we cant expect bana babangwe to clean after themselves if ba lazy, they can afford bo ousi so i dont see a problem. .

I’m a neat freak and i expect everything to be in order. My place is always spotless but i’d love to have a ousi when i afford to pay her, mara shame i wont make the poor woman make my bed. . Aibo!

127. BlindFold on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:11 pm

You guys leetsa ekare having babies a new thing, people have been making babies and making their beds, no other woman will make my bed.

128. Lela on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:28 pm

Lol@Hunt so having a helper makes one isinyemfu? Well mna im one of those that u will never find ma house dirty even if i don’t have a helper,i cook n wnt have ausi cook for my man,i know how to look after my kids myself but when i have a nanny she will do everything in the house mna i will only do when i feel like which is usually weekends when im doing the spring cleaning. Now that im not vat n siting anymore first thing i teach her is to cook n bake like me cz i don’t wana eat kak food when i don’t wanna cook. Overall yes ndilivila that is why i get a helper but im a snyemfu with standards so i set those standards for her,i even teach u how i make my bed so ja!

129. Mathaz on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:39 pm

Haai you guys Kwaaaa.

I’m off to the hospital now,taking a home cooked meal to my nanny.

130. Lela on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 6:44 pm

I mean women work very hard these day ngeke bazipase zonke. Another thing is u can’t say im overworking my helper by makin her do the bed cz you don’t know how much work there is in my house. Okokuqala nje most of these townhouses are the size of an RDP house the helper ends up being bored the whole day aze akhalaze uba akho msebenzi apha. Worse nifuna aba bafazi baphinde bajinge ngee headboard xa befika akamereni bezama ukuba inkonzo yase kamereni ibe kwizinga elincomekayo. Whoa abafane benivimba kangaka!

131. miss sam on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:08 pm

@Chase goodluck with finding u Sara,dnt think such women exist in 2012

132. elegnamis on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:22 pm

I don’t make our bed, don’t wash no dishes, don’t clean…
    I only wash my undies coz its a reflex to me, so is cleaning the bath… For everything else there’s mastercard *cough* I mean auntie…
    Hell she even removes my weave…

133. Miranda on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:31 pm

Words for Chase ——-Work hard , very hard so that you can afford stay home mom or taking someone off work to make them stay home

134. Lela on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:32 pm

Babies of nee if you are my helper you will make my bed. My kids are not babies,they sleep in their own room but im always too in a rush to worry about making a bed when i have a helper.
    Nani it’s not like you like everything you do behind those cubicles but you do it anyway so ke life we not gonna like everything about our jobs.

135. fabulicious on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:45 pm

This:
    BlindFold says:

Hay nam it shocks me how ppl make an excuse for not making their own beds.
    I’m probably above average in the lazy scale and I have a helper but I wud never on any day let her make my bed bantu I don’t care how much y’all can fight to make that seem as if its an okay thing to do ITS NOT!
    When I’m off I wash my OWN linen in the washing machine Lord knows I would never let u anti touch sheets with cum and vaginal juices shem, my morals wouldn’t let me do that.

So nina who dont make ur bed ningamanuku shem finish and klaar! Sies

The other chores are not as bad but leyo yona i worse

136. Miranda on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 7:58 pm

I always wonder how people do it…I mean the ones that make bed in the morning,get to work in time, never leave dishes in the sink and still manage to have the kitchen counter clear,do laundry weekly, keep wardropes in order et al.

I stay alone in a one bedroom flat and seriously thinking of getting a helper.Nna ake daar, right now I have dishes in the sink and I chose to read the newspaper instead of playing Eve .I am battling to keep order here mna. If I am going to get married, my marriage package comes with a Helper from day one. I am thinking of adding a chef to the package as well-depending on my finances or that of my spouse at that time. I love cooking for people and trying different things in the kitchen, but cooking daily for a hubby/family…hai hai hai hai,maybe 3 times a weak. Ngeke nkhona if nge phume msebenzini at 5pm bandla.

137. bumbum on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:08 pm

Lol kodwa JC, this is what we were arguing about with my husband today. He works a 7 – 4 shift while I work 6 – 6 and nginyanyiswa ukuthi akapheke ngisho irice ulele. I was so fu¤ckin pissed.

138. Applepurple on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:30 pm

bum bum tell me when you were still dating did he cook?

139. Letebele on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:33 pm

Shem poor men. Ya’ll are gonna come here and say you won’t marry a woman who can’t cook or clean or what not. Kodwa niyaxoka,you’re gonna marry the laziest of them all. Just accept it,be at peace with it.

To those that see it as wrong for aunties to make the bed,go ahead and make your beds nunus.

To those that don’t wanna make their beds,its your right so fight for your rights.

140. Lela on Mon, 19th Nov 2012 8:52 pm

Kwaaaaaaaa vele chomi we are fighting for our rights nathi it’s not everything we love that we do behind these cubicles,lol.

141. Fab Tee on Tue, 20th Nov 2012 8:49 am

hayi nam our helper makes my bed shem, even when I cook, on the few occassions that I do, I want to get to the kitchen and everything is peeled and ready and after cooking she clears everything, I also would like to think Im a hands on mom coz I do everything myself but the helper has to clean up after us, and she’s been with us 6years she knows how lazy I am and Im sure she would’ve left by now if she thought we are overworking her or simphethe kakubi, so Mathaz you not doing anything wrong nana, ignore these Superwomen who manage to make their own beds themselves every morning, hayi bastrongo shem, and anyway besingena khuthala sonke wethu!

142. bumbum on Tue, 20th Nov 2012 9:22 am

@Apple he’s a mamas boy, his mom used to do everything for them but mina I’m not his mom so if I’m going to cook and his home before me he must peel, chop, and take out meat or chicken from the fridge and maybe cook simple stuff like rice or pasta cz those things don’t require you to be a chef so that when I come home I cook stew and salads. Is that too much to ask. And its not like we cook every day and its not like he’s home before me every day, sometimes my shifts changes, 2 – 2, 10 – 10 so I’m hands on but he has to lend a hand once in a while and I made that very clear when we were still dating that I’m not a nanny nor his mom so he must not expect me to look after him 24/7.

143. Shandu on Tue, 20th Nov 2012 9:36 am

Ay nami my helper peels shame if ngizopheka on weekends. Next year will be leaving without one – sending my kid to Durban ngoku :(

144. www.abegmusic.com | The 2012 Channel O Music Video Awards | All the Exclusive Photos on Tue, 20th Nov 2012 1:58 pm

[...] Credit: Kola Oshalusi for Insigna | JustCurious.co.za | Bongo5.com The 2012 Channel O Music Video Awards | All the Exclusive Photos Like this [...]

145. BN Red Carpet Fab: The 2012 Channel O Music Video Awards | All the Exclusive Photos! | Bella Naija on Tue, 20th Nov 2012 2:16 pm

[...] Credit: Kola Oshalusi for Insigna | JustCurious.co.za | Bongo5.com Be Sociable, Share! TweetRelated Posts2Face Idibia, Davido, D’Banj, [...]

146. BN Red Carpet Fab: The 2012 Channel O Music Video Awards | All the Exclusive Photos! | Unashamedfashion.com on Thu, 22nd Nov 2012 8:39 pm

[...] Credit: Kola Oshalusi for Insigna | JustCurious.co.za | [...]