Performers At The MTN SAMAs Are…

April 30, 2013 by

The list of artists set to perform at the 19th Annual SA Music Awards were announced yesterday.

1. Donald
  11. Proverb
  12. Desmond and the Tutus
  13. The Muffinz
  14. Lira
  15. Vetkuk & Mahoota

Who is Zozo?and Sangre?

Is Dr Malinga part of the Vetkuk performance?

Otherwise umm … okay, looking forward to Donald.

DJ Sphe And Nolly Join Jam Alley
Thumbs Up: Khuli Chana's Hazzadaz Move!
Details: Thomas Madigage's Memorial Service

Comments

41 Comments on "Performers At The MTN SAMAs Are…"

1. Azande on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 11:46 am

1st yay sorry Mzu

And mu user still active WURE hahahahah lol

2. True-self on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 11:55 am

Am guessing mahoota and them will be the last performance..otherwise ya we will see lol. Am so behind, I don’t know zozo, sangre, desmond n the tutus lol

3. Gloss on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 11:57 am

okay.

4. Reby on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 12:10 pm

Dr Malinga better be part of Vetkoek and Mahoota otherwise I’ll shoot someone..I don’t know Sangre, Zozo, Chianoskys(sp) desmond and the Tutus’ ke bomang batho ba??

5. Lela on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 12:20 pm

Me too Reby i will shoot to kill shem. It should be ilega to have awards and not have Dr Malinga perform.

6. Vesa on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 12:24 pm

Zozo,whose real name Giyani Joseph Mbiza is back with a bang. Zozo and his band Sangere Super Beat have dropped a brand new album that will leave you begging for more.

The SAMA award-winning musician, is known for his social conscious songs he has done in the past 10 albums that have endeared him to music lovers who not only enjoy his beats but also learn life’s lessons through his messages.

Before becoming a musician, Zozo used to work at a cellphone shop in Tembisa, Jozi, and then moved to Limpopo in Thohoyandou, where currently lives. Before joining the music industry, he was a builder until the calling for him to sing couldn’t be resisted.

A traditional musician!

7. Miranda on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 12:29 pm

Gosh, it is that time already.Hopefully I will knock off at 6pm on sat to watch them. :-(

8. mzuaqe on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 12:32 pm

Hahahaahahhahahahaa korwa Azande! Lapho Mina angilalanga angizeli kanje I just got caught by imfolomani Ngilele I slowly raised my head and said ‘In Jesus name, amen.’ He Bought it He Thot I was praying Ngampela

9. mzuaqe on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 12:40 pm

@Vesa Credit your Sources Toe! I am smelling a copy and paste business NGIYADLALA

10. Azande on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 12:48 pm

raised my head and said ‘In Jesus name, amen.’

Hehehehehehehehe sigebengu, nale enye ipost usalile, I always tell u ngalendaba yakho yokushaya ngonyawo lonwabu.

11. samlicious on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 1:32 pm

I thought I was the only one looking forward to Dr Malinga’s performance. I scrolled down the list looking for his name.

12. samlicious on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 1:34 pm

hehehehhehe @Mzuaqe one day bazokuthola *In Jesus name* Classic

13. mama ka Gundi on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 2:12 pm

No Big Nuz, No Dr Malinga , No Mafikizolo ( Khona) sabu Black Coffee nyana lahla Micasa in the mix add boma Sfiso Ncwane phontse sabu Thokozani Somnandi noMtshengiseni Indidane uthi Ganyani kadoso ohoo weee petu itea party ke le mfnx!!!

I can see myself falling asleep on the couch already…

14. mzuaqe on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 2:21 pm

Oledi laka Gundi uqinisile yaz bake basifakele nje nezinsizwa zikamaskandi ziybhikle ziybhikle its SOUTH AFRICAN MUSIC AWARDS aftarol

Hayke iMafikizolo isishaya ngenyiTrack Manje Bare ke “Happiness” Ay Kufiwa kakhulu laphaya yenza amanye amatlakarap

15. BlindFold on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 2:28 pm

Are there any white people/perfomers from the list provided?

16. missTmzee on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 2:41 pm

ladies : diligo has an afterEden sale. style36 has a sale. citymob has reasonably priced boho boots on sale and finally saks fifth avenue has 50% sale
    :-) have fun

17. Vesa on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 2:43 pm

Lol @Blindy…I also wondered the same thing until i googled and realised that Chianosky and Desmond and the Tutus are white…..the rest ke bo mnyamane

18. mama ka Gundi on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 2:49 pm

@ Mzauqe i heard that they have another single WOW Mafikizolo ibuyile yaz..
    The only thing im glad of, kule list is that akuna Khaya Mthethwa *Siyabonga*

19. Cerise_Rouge on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 2:59 pm

Chianosky is a white lady and Desmond and the Tutu’s are also a white band Blindy.

Im looking forward to Reason, Toya and Zonke, the others can go jump!!!

20. Anga on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:10 pm

Hawu my lover uMampintsha akekho abahambe bayofa.

21. Anga on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:12 pm

Hawu kodwa ngiyakhala ngo “Palesa”

22. Cerise_Rouge on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:12 pm

Sesi khathele ukubona oMampintsha be mpintshwa ama skinny jean, nama muscle top! Aba delele abanye *side eyes Anga*

23. BlindFold on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:13 pm

Oh thanks @Vesa

24. Anga on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:19 pm

*Ithi Ukhathele* Umona uqala esweni uyophuma enhliziyweni

25. True-self on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:22 pm

Haha @cerise…yaz I’ve noticed that almost all the sales are mentioned here I don’t know those shops, clearly u guys shop @boutiques. Can someone pls tell us when there are sales @ truworths, wollies, rage etc hahahaha lol

26. Cerise_Rouge on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:30 pm

Kwaaaaaaaaaaa at Anga my mom also like saying that agcine ngokuthi “uphume ngomlomo”

TrueSelf Diligo is a reasonably priced online shop I have a few of their item, lovely stuff. LOL at sales kuma department stores

27. Anga on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:35 pm

@ Cerise I also buy from Diligo I really like their service shame. Runway also. I love Citymob although they can be pricey. Zando is also expensive sometimes.

@ True-Self for Rage just go to the factory shop

28. mama ka Gundi on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:40 pm

@True self you mean the general dealers hahahah–>(Can someone pls tell us when there are sales @ truworths, wollies, rage etc

Wish i could download clothes illegaly yaz..Eish i havent visited Jozi Botiques in a while sise khona izigoji ezi right kodwa

29. Cerise_Rouge on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:46 pm

This —–> “Wish i could download clothes illegaly yaz” I have never laughed so hard!!!!

Ive never shopped at Zando yaz Anga I prefer Style36 mara haai nakhona kuyabiza. I shop at General Dealers mina, but for events one has to use her hard earned cas to spoil oneself, mara otherwise ngi humble I even shop kuma Strattafords where I get nice Zara/Topshop/Calvin Klein 2nd hand clothes!

30. Anga on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:51 pm

Mina I love Zando’s smart casual dresses but ke sometimes the pocket doesnt allow.

31. nontombi on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:51 pm

Nami makaGundi, I’m grateful ukhaya akekho kwilist!!! Is he nominated though? I hope not cos all this KZN ppl baneairtime youkudlala!

32. Anga on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 3:55 pm

@ Cerise I also go to Dunusa Boutiques so I guess I’m also humble in that way. The only reason I prefer shopping online is I cannot shop if kukhona abantu abaningi I get dizzy and abantu abagezi ufike sekunuka inkomo namakhwapha.

33. mama ka Gundi on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 4:11 pm

death by Dunusa botiques..@ Anga siyazifanele when there is too many people i cant shop hence abo general dealer nama sale wabo vese ngingaboni lutho

I must try the online shopping ei kulabo Oga abowo nqesta vele ngingathembi that my clothes will arrive..

I had a good chuckle seeing a local celeb in one of the events this past weekend siqoke the same jacket camashi yakwa Cnr Bree..

34. Anga on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 4:17 pm

OMG Cnr Bree isgodi sami phela leso next to Chicken Licken?

Ama jacket 150 lapho at Woolies R600 same same same!!

35. Lihle on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 5:54 pm

gona are those days umuntu will look forwad to ama awards, all awards are such a bore

36. True-self on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 6:12 pm

Wheres the factory shop @Anga?

37. 'Presh' on Tue, 30th Apr 2013 9:48 pm

Haibo wheres Mafikizolo? Moneoa (sp)? Micasa? Why dont i see Dr.Malinga? N who r all these other artists? Nayi imihlola bo

38. Thabure on Wed, 1st May 2013 12:19 am

im happy ka zonke and you majesty,,,zinhle …..

39. Shaezz on Wed, 1st May 2013 7:19 am

WOW ZOZO at the SAMAs? Its good that they are accomodating each and every culture. I don’t like his music but good luck to him.

40. IamMissHope on Thu, 2nd May 2013 8:37 am

Zozo is a Venda Artist Ya’ll!

41. mama ka Gundi on Thu, 2nd May 2013 10:05 am