MTV Base VJ Search Is Back

June 18, 2013 by

The MTV Base Search is back yet again and this year they’ve teamed up with Citroën and will be giving away a DS3 Cabrio worth R 315,000 to one lucky youngster. The winner  also receives a one-year contract with MTV Base, worth over R 500,000.

The new VJ will become one of the key “faces” of the music network, hosting programmes on MTV Base as well as interviewing stars, MC-ing entertainment events, walking the red carpet at showbiz functions, and travelling all over the continent representing MTV Base.

Celebrity judges who will be analyzing the contestants on their potential to be an MTV VJ will include Bonang Matheba, Sizwe Dhlomo and Joey Rasdien .

To help find the ultimate new MTV Base VJ, MTV Base and Citroën will host three separate open auditions in South Africa during July, including:

• 13 July - Gateway Theatre of Shopping, Durban
  • 20 July - Tyger Valley Shopping Centre, Cape Town
  • 27 July - The Venue, Melrose Arch.

Previous MTV Base VJ Search winners were Sizwe in 2005, Fixx (now on 5FM) in 2006, Nomuzi Mabena in 2012, and Ehiz Okeguale earlier this year.

The show’s launch was held in Melrose Arch last week, and here are some of the faces that were spotted at the event:

Donald always looks good…

Thando Thabethe who’ll be holding things down on Club 808, now that Dineo’s off to do All Access.

New dad, DJ Vigilante, who also works at MTV Base.

Sizwe on his Rick Ross steez

Hip Hop artist, L’Tido

Judge Bonang

Last year’s winner, Nomuzi

Founder of Africa Rising Foundation & Mandela.is, Ndaba Mandela

I don’t know how Boity finds the energy… or the outfits for all these events.

How fierce are they! Sydney, Sandile and Vuyo nithe pose!

If you’d like to try your hand at the VJ’ing details are below:

For full terms and conditions and the audition script please go to www.mtvbase.com and follow the link to the VJ Search microsite.  To upload a video entry, please upload a 30 second video clip (.m4v, .mp4 format) to www.mtvbase.com, or send your clip as an attachment to basedigital@vimn.com.  Alternatively, post a link to your video on YouTube at www.mtvbase.com.

Highlights of the auditions, callbacks and contestants’ challenges can be seen on MTV Base in the MTV Base VJ Search Brought To You By Citroën DS3 Cabrio, airing every Friday night from 16 August @ 17:00 CAT.

The winner will be decided at the Grand Finale in Johannesburg in October 2013.

Intersexions: He’s Positive, She’s Not!
A Blessed Christmas To You :-)
Shwashwi's open letter to Babalwa Mneno

Comments

135 Comments on "MTV Base VJ Search Is Back"

1. bumbum on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 9:24 pm

1st

2. thandi on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 9:32 pm

2nd

3. bumbum on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 9:38 pm

looooove Boitys shoes, the whole awuthifithi is bauss for me, Thah Thabethe muhle naye

4. bumbum on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 9:39 pm

boyfriend jeans vs skinny ppl eish jah neh

5. bumbum on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 9:42 pm

Nomuzi uwsthathap lama legging, last time she was wearing a shifoni look alike manje le ingathi ivelvet or i khemisoli.

she looks good though

6. FrozenBubblez on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 10:15 pm

I love how Bonang is dressed…that’s my style!
    Boity looks good, hayi uNomuzi ngespaji esingaphandle….ziyenzile into iileggings!

Sizwe’s suit is on point…..something weird about his face though, don’t see what the big fuss is about *shrugs*

L-tido looks good….the guy in the blue blazer ngathi umince umchamo kula pose

Eish if only the mandela men had faces as attractive as their last name….shem…loonto bonke have this….mbuzish face :-(

7. Keisha on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 10:26 pm

@Frozen….lol…eish,I was also looking at Mr New’s face…As for Lido,his rocing it period.Ga e le MaThabethe’s outfit not feeling it!!

8. Manny Gupta on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 10:33 pm

boity looks good .uyababa lomntwana ….everybody is oraait

9. cebsyy on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 11:00 pm

*DEAD BY MBUZISH FACE * ngifile nyani tjo guyz bizan u Avbob

10. cebsyy on Tue, 18th Jun 2013 11:05 pm

Guys help my sister,we cnt see this microsoft nton nton for I script….where is it?

11. CarrieBradshaw on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 12:35 am

Mara body temperature ya Bonang i-what kind? Sweater ka di sandles? Mina ngi confused! Pretty hair and makeup nonetheless

Sizwe neh!

Nomuzi’s booties a cute.

12. lwandie on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:10 am

Sizwe’s matchy- matchy , top to toe color scheme looks too contrived and dated for me…coordinated would have looked a lot more effortless.

Loving Boity’s shoes x

13. Miranda on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 6:28 am

Bonang’s hair looks great.iyooooooo,does she blow dry her weaves daily? hai inhle. I never get the logic behind wearing a sweater with sandals…poor toes freezing to death

14. Soccerbabe on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 7:19 am

Bonang eat please!

15. Miss T on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 7:21 am

LTido looks really good with da new weight.
    Mina I don’t understand why these Mandela grandkids don’t use own fathers last name. It must b hard being a mkhwenyana in this family, ur not acknowledged nje at all.
    Don’t see da beauty in Thando though, she’s just a yellowbone nje qha!

16. Miss T on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 7:23 am

Vigi must ask L’Tido what he used to hlaselamafutha.

17. MissAN...JC on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 7:35 am

Hello hello there!

Seniyahleba ekuseni kangaka!

Ayi nam’ I don’t see the fuss ngo Sizwe @ Frozen,ngathi unobuTakalani kancane

@bum bum,I think these jeans,boyfriend jeans look nice on thin people…

He!he!he! This Thando Thabethe chick ngathi she bought the outfite eMr Price…I just thought of @Sexyln when I saw this look…

I like Bonang’s top,cha imali uyisabe. She is just glowing…

Boity Boity Boity…those legs! Nice outfit but OTT ngathi she is going to a 20s theme party but none the less looks great!

Vigilante and his mixes! Too damn good! So I will excuse his school bag!

Nomuzi…drugs! Ngiyadlala! Cha @ bum bum unawo amaleggings,but damn those things are cormfy!

18. MissAN...JC on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 7:37 am

Nje akekho umtwana noma umzukulu kaTata ofuze uWinnie! That woman was just too beautiful and this was when no weaves were en vogue,or facials,etc so it means someone has a bad gene!

19. LadyMillion on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 7:43 am

Bonang dont eat! Skinny pays the bills hehe

20. bongi on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 7:44 am

my comment disspeared haisuka..*logs off*

21. wickedfood on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 7:50 am

morning…yes i will greet on all post…kiiiiiiiiiiii *die*
    Boity…mmmhhh unamadolo agugile..ngoba usemncane nje sisi? konakalaphi? or is it the fat stuck there? do something…suck that fat out!
    Bonang…those jeans are not for you at all. you look like you wearing your brothers jeans. even that cellphone in your back pocket is not doing you any justice…*fail*
    Nomuzi….girl those boots are the one…*like*
    Thando…that skirt is all kinds of wrong….donate it asap…

22. missTmzee on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 7:59 am

@Frozen i see the mbuzish face nami.
    @carrie i saw rihanna on Ventertainment ystday with a full tracksuit with a hoody MARA sandals jst like Bonang.

they are the reason i gave up on fashion before i left primary school. its expensive and confusing. like ppl with straw tops and scarfs,haai. you wonder is it only ur neck getting cold?

23. thandi on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 8:10 am

Bonang looks great, ubitye kamnandi futh, ukutyeba akuzumsa ndawo.

24. LadyMillion on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 8:22 am

Lets all hold hands and go check out B*dazzled Season 3, Ep 1

The Revlon reveal

25. CarrieBradshaw on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 8:30 am

@missTmzee The sandals look even more dodge because we KNOW it’s cold out. Hayi!

Hahaha I share the same sentiments ka batho ba di scarves!

26. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 8:56 am

Death by the ORANGE couple behind Thando Thabethe. Matching outfits like they are Gospel Stars.

27. wickedfood on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 8:58 am

Mmmmhhh just watched the revlon clip! Wow girl is living her life! She’s on her own league! Yeap! We didn’t see this one coming! Kiiiiiiiii *congrats* halala…

28. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:00 am

Hayke its proven again. All these Jozi guys are Xhosa *Sidney, Sandile noVuyo*

Hayi Bawo kodwa senzeni isizwe sikaPhalo. Thethelela Nongqawuse this is all your fault.

29. bongi on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:01 am

Yhooooooooooooo uthini Samlicious whos fault is it Nongqause kwa..kwa..kwa…

30. 50Shades on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:03 am

Is it true that Sizwe Dhlomo is Khanyi Dhlomo’s brother?

Me envies Boity’s legs. Thando’s skirt looks like those skater skirts that Mr Price has in every colour.

31. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:04 am

Thandos slirt is from Mr Price ndiyazi ngoba my daughter unaso and its the same color.

32. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:07 am

Hayi Samlicious I refuse! The 1st 2 could be zulu….Sydney, Sandile isizwe sika Shaka…uyabona? Lol

33. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:13 am

I meant to say Jozi GAYS are Xhosa hehehehe

Yes @Bongi nguye owaphisa ngenkomo zethu ebalungwini ngoku kushota inkomo zokwenza amasiko kiiiiiiiiiiiii

yimikhuba yodwa le.

34. Pixie on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:15 am

Excuse me @Soccerbabe do you have receipts that *B doesn’t eat? Please stop it right now. She’s NEVER been fat, that’s her body and many would kill for it. Continue slaying with your skinny ass Baby *B….

@Frozen hun, that Sydney guy is actually Tswana..lol

35. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:16 am

@Frozen check the one in the middle inazo nehips hayi suka.

Abantwana bethu bazakujola nobani kiiiiiiiiiiii

36. bumbum on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:16 am

lol kanti abavumelekile yini osaziwayo ukuthi bangene kwa Mnumzane Xabiso?

37. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:19 am

yhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu @Pixie now its contagious

38. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:20 am

@Bumbum ha a, not if you going to attend an event hayi bo andivumi. Usile wena Thando!

39. bumbum on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:20 am

I see Queen B #we are ready#

40. 50Shades on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:28 am

?bumbum
    lol kanti abavumelekile yini osaziwayo ukuthi bangene kwa Mnumzane Xabiso?
    *********
    Nna I see no problem with it. I just mentioned coz I recognized the skirt, wanted it badly at some stage till I saw my man’s 20yr old niece wearing it.

Most MrP clothes look so cool from their online website, then I get to the shop, the fabrics dont look so cool

41. kamza on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:31 am

hahahaaaa i know i wouldnt kill for a body witj kiss madolo :D

42. BlindFold on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:41 am

I foten ask myself how these people (celebs) do it, get a new outfit for every event (well except for boity and her orange blazer), some dont even make that much money, kgathe the answer is Mnumzana.

43. BlindFold on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:42 am

often

44. Mrs Beckham on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:44 am

Bonang is so light here, thought was some colored girl I don’t know, especially on the 1st pic… I think she’s looking good nna! Love the look!

Nomuzi looks like uPopeye ai this whole look yakhe imenza abukeke stupid nyana shem ngathi uDub from sabc2 or some cartoon character *hides*

45. Soccerbabe on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:46 am

Hai wena Pixie ungazongiphaphela ekseni kanje….unless u “B” herself you have no right to speak to me that way! Im entitled to my opinion about anything and anyone!

46. thandi on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:47 am

@Bumbum not if they’re going to be photographed at events NO!
    Eish I suppose it depends on what a person can afford really.

47. Anga on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:54 am

@Bumbum maybe not a shop as common as Mr P and buying a skirt in that colour that every 16 year old has.

Makro has a new fashion buyer and you can see. The style has totally changed.

48. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:56 am

Its clearly gonna be one of those days….Samlicious what series are you and Sxylin currently watching?…..I finished Single ladies, bumped into MistressesUS but only found 2 episodes of S1.

Mhmmmm…..Siyabonga Twala just walked in on Muvhango and Thandaza had an orgasm right there and then! I would too….he looks so darn good!

49. BlindFold on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:56 am

Kiiiii kiiiii @pixie

50. Cerise_Rouge on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:57 am

The way Bonangs ankle is soooooooooooo thin in that group picture… Must NOT be nice :-(

Im now convinced Nomuzi and LootLove share clothes! Thats Loots blazer, or they buy the same clothes either way it ends up looking like they share clothes. Which would be bleh I mean its 2013, who does that???

Boity’s shoes make me wanna puke on her thighs… Is she not doing Sweat 1000? Those thighs look too thunderish to me!

L’tido nailed it! Love his look *side eyes Malum’Sizwe Dhlomo*

51. Cerise_Rouge on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 9:59 am

In other news! Its 50% OFF Sale at Topshop starting today, on selected items tho!!!

52. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:06 am

Boity thunder thighs???? Hayini bethuna, we can’t all be stick thin…yhini!

53. lolo on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:08 am

Bonang is a phenom shem. I stopped watching Live when she left it…She is an amazing go-getter. Her only flaw is her dogdy tate in men…Eka Mini loaf yona i attraction aneva ndiphinde ndiy’qonde… No Sliquor wayembi… Hay Bonang what the hell is wrong with some eye candy ntombi?

54. BlindFold on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:13 am

Exactly @Frozen…Bonang is too skinny, Boity has thunder thighs haikhona!!!

55. Occupation on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:14 am

As for receipts!? Heh heh! Lady mill I’m with you on that skinny pays the bills. Chunky girls can be successfull all they like but they won’t get to play around on magazine covers and represent clothing brands. Eat that celery and cucumber B!

56. Cerise_Rouge on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:17 am

Frozen note I said “TO ME” so goes to show its MY OPINION…
    State yours ma’am! Her thighs dont looked toned TO ME, for someone who is doing sweat 1000, Nowhere did I say she must be stick thin. Chill!

57. Cerise_Rouge on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:20 am

Hahahahahahahahaha Lolo what if the gorgeous men dont appeal to her? You cant fault her on that!

58. lolo on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:23 am

Cerice she must ALWAYS think of her future kids… Imagine Slikours nose on a lil baby! The SHAME! Or a little girl with mini -loafs head…Hay hay uwrongo uBonang madoda. Makanqandwe.

59. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:30 am

Edited comment: Boity thunder thighs??? In MY opinion we can’t all be stick thin! Yhini! To ME those thighs look fine…

Moving on…..

60. Vesa on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:31 am

Lol @50 shades, please don’t start that Mnumzana debate again la ekhaya? I often see IG pictures of these beautiful clothes, and then I see them in Grazia mag that they are from there…..and I always think of the JC comments about that shop

61. Pixie on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:35 am

LMFAO… YES! Fact is: we can’t all be the same size, some people are content with how they look especially if they were born that way. Aaaaich *cues Lady GaGa*…

@Lolo you’re right about thinking for abantwana but I also have/had the same problem. I’ve dated some not so good looking guys & whenever I tell my aunt about my “celebrity” crushes she cringes….

62. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:42 am

@Lolo yiyo lonto waqonda makaqhomfe kaloku she was thinking for them kids kiiiiiiiii

@Frozen Bubbles Iam watching Scandal US season one nana.

63. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:45 am

What’s the best time to work out guys? 1st thing in the morning or evening?

64. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 10:48 am

Hayi mani @FrozenBubblez you also threatened by lamadolo kaB.

Dont workout girl you are fine as you are *hides*

65. lolo on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:00 am

@Samlicious…krkrkrkr uwrongo shem! but did she really? I’m sure she had her reasons though.

@Frozen in the morning is best…so that the rest of the day you feel good about working out and therefore make better food choices…

Once this baby is born imma work out like a fiend, drop tons of weight and generally put myself first… #dips a bacon roll in gravy and chews#

66. MissAN...JC on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:03 am

@ Frozen I think the mornings,that way you won’t be lazy in the evenings or have an excuse not to go…

@MrBeckham… B looks like she did some work,but hey,if its making her look hot why not?

67. bumbum on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:09 am

I wonder laba abaku Inst bayenzenjani nge fashio every day.

68. lolo on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:12 am

To all the bloggers who are battling weight ( was gonna say fat bloggers, but I’m polite and diplomatic lately)

What did you eat izolo?

I’ll start… I had a big packet of salt and vinegar crisps…These were neither salty no vinegary, but I persevered like a trooper and finished the whole packet. This was around 11 izolo. I skip breakfast often.

Then I got home at around three and had three ripe avocadoes with atchar and four slices of buttered bread. For supper I had a medium macdonalds’ meal and had half of my daughter’s cheese burger…Before going to bed I went to the kitchen opened the fridge (as is tradition)and had a slice of those yucky processed cheeses wrapped in plastic.

69. thandi on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:12 am

@Frozen..in the morning. That way ur mood is lifted the whole day and you know its over and done with.

70. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:16 am

Hahahahaha hay’ Samlicious andirhaleli norhalela uba ngakaya…..I’m a thick girl who’s always floated between sizes 30/32 with an ass! I’m now a 34 and I need to go back and maintain my normal size/s

71. kamza on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:18 am

haai, nna i tried the morning execise but ke pallwa ke go tsoga earlier than my usual time. i was doing great until last year December :( Lolo, you are pregnant so yah, you kinda allowed to eat whatever and blame it on cravings… nna i eat alles nje and try to do it kadi small portions

72. ndinguyeEndinguye on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:18 am

Amehlo awaphakelani stru, there I was thinking(to myself) that B’s kinda packing up a bit. There once was a time uSizwe Dlhomo was paler than uB but now she looks even lighter than Joey Rasdien… #WeWereNotReady

73. kamza on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:19 am

some of the clothes i wear says i’m says 36 but i refuse to believe that

74. Mojito on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:23 am

@Bum bum i also wonder how they do it, ngoba ifashion pha kwa IG is on another level!

75. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:24 am

Eish Bumbum I feel you about Insta…plus mna I’m not into selfies and posing everyday…..or maybe I’m just jealous coz I’m not stylish..hayi andazi

76. thandi on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:27 am

Yho most yezidudla will tell u abatyi nakakhulu. As if batyetyiswa yiOxygen bethuna.

77. lolo on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:30 am

34 and you call that thick?????

You then I must be tripple extra thick with double chocolate and sprinkles….

@ Kamza It is not just the pregnancy though… I was overweight even before February… If some think Boity has chunky thighs then I have NO WORDS!

78. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:33 am

Death by your hashtag @Ndinguye……you were never ready for B’s lightness hahahaha…
    Iyandi disturber kodwa le username yakho, I feel like I commit blasphemy everytime I say it in my head coz you’re not the original NdinguyeEndinguye

79. kamza on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:34 am

hehee Thandi, i know gore food has nothing to do with my bums/curves and cellulite mara they contribute, unfortunately i dont have di “genes/whatever they called it” tsabo Bonang. Forever Slender.. Boity just need to use baby oil so people can see gore she’s toned LOL

80. bumbum on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:35 am

@Frozzy n Moh aiy shame asazi, thank God @work we wear PPEs so no stress nje

81. lolo on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:36 am

@Thandi ha ana sukusa…. but mna shem I freely admit that I’m fat cause I over-eat. It gets worse when you have little kids… they leave food on their plates and I end up finishing their food because I hate a fridge with lots of tupperware containers containing left-over food… Plus my level of physical activity is zero…But shem after this baby imma try harder yaz… if abakugqibi ndiyakuchitha! End of story!

82. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 11:50 am

LMAO Lolo…yazi undingenile lomkhuba wokugqibezela ukutya komntwana…ndithi sendikwi diet maan but ndizakothuka sendigqibile…kunzima!

Inactivity is a biggest contributor in MY weight gain….most times I eat healthy and we always have supper around 5pm….plenty of time to work off the calories before bed….but I don’t work out, that’s the problem!

83. 50Shades on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 12:28 pm

Been trying to eat healthy for the past 3 weeks

Looking at my lunchbox today…this super healthy sandwich with grains and greens, nested side by side with a sticky sweet muffin.

84. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 12:56 pm

So niya boycotta vele? Somebody start a rumour asseblief…

85. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:07 pm

@FrozenBubblez is preggies with @Lolo hubby *thats a rumor* now lets blog kiiiiiiiiiii

86. Mzua Cares on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:07 pm

——–> Excuse me @Soccerbabe do you have receipts that *B doesn’t eat? Please stop it right now. She’s NEVER been fat, that’s her body and many would kill for it. Continue slaying with your skinny ass Baby *B

Yangidina le comment kaPixie iReceipdt engenaphy yona le

87. bumbum on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:13 pm

kwaaa Mzu kuthiwe start a rumor not imperu, hheyake lol

88. Mzua Cares on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:13 pm

i like loFrozen nton nton yazi

89. Mzua Cares on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:14 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ongiyeka Bumbum

90. Mzua Cares on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:19 pm

asindidiki isixhosa sasemthatha thiza wam baphi abantu baphaya! xa sebezothi isitshixo sisitsixo okanye bathi Zekutheni instead of Bekutheni

91. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:22 pm

Uwowu kodwa wena @Mzua inoba ungawaseBhayi soze uve. You have a bit of Lupi and Zolani aka Silvio on you.

92. Mzua Cares on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:26 pm

hahahahahaha uyayibona phofu lento ndiyibonayo between uSilvio noLupi, bangumntu omnye nje kum andaz njani

93. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:28 pm

Hahahahaha hayi Sam’ le rumour yakho….uLolo soze andibethe….we’ll just make out in front of her hubby to teach him a lesson

94. bumbum on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:28 pm

a small peice ye qanda went down the wrong way, I don’t know how it ended up emakheleni. For a few seconds there I thought this is it, besengilibona ikhenana

95. lolington on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:33 pm

….by the way how do you keep receipts of someone who does NOT eat??? Phela that means they do not buy food….so no receipts!

96. Mzua Cares on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:33 pm

kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii uzoze ubone ikhenana nje uyaya yin kulona, you cant have a JC username and go to kanana! i mean look at our version of Mme moruti aka Lela layta Yesu

97. Mzua Cares on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:35 pm

kwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Lolington ubusayicangisisa lento Phela shukuthi irisidi likakhukhamba kiiiiiiiiiiiii

98. Miranda on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:36 pm

Jisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.Wrong time to log in…you guys are talking about weight. Eish.I left my lentil and cabbage soup and ate a chocolate cup cake during lunch…feel bad, these comments arent making it easier

99. lolington on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:37 pm

someone asked about how we normal people survive on Instagram with all the fashion gurus that live there….I can personally say I am not on instagram for that, I follow mostly my close friends and the fitness freaks for inspiration and meal prep ideas.
    Fashion is not for everyone shem!!

Hi @lolo!

100. lolington on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:39 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Bengisayicubungula we Mzwua26, tltltltltltltl, irisidi lani? Cucumber????? #ICan’t

101. pouty on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:43 pm

Nomuzis shoes mhmhmhmmhmhmh @frozen I also have two episodes only please tell me when you get the others

102. Cerise_Rouge on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 1:58 pm

Lolington your receipt comment! Kwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I cant!!!

103. BlindFold on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:14 pm

Guys are u still watching the Fixer season 1? please watch it with season 2 on Mondays at 20:30. I am waiting for 3

104. LadySovereign on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:22 pm

You guys are wrongo! I totally love Bonang’s body. I think I have a problem with people who are overweight I battle to see how pretty they are because the weight just distracts me. So for me Bonang looks really good.

My gripe is with you guys not saying much about Sizwe honestly that is getting to me, why is there never any news about him? Everytime his name comes up people are gonna say one or two things and move on lol, can we discuss him all days like we do with others tuuu kiii

105. LadySovereign on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:25 pm

I meant to say all day (not all days), in length lol azishe ke!

106. missTmzee on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:27 pm

ladies : what do you eat for calcium. am avoiding suppliments coz am already taking multivitamins. i dont like yoghurt,i dont like cheese,i dnt like milk. help

what other products help or do i HAVE to take a Calcium wht what.

107. kamza on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:28 pm

@LadySovereign Sizwe started his career as a delivery guy (so he says) i hope ke news enough for you :D

108. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:37 pm

@LadySovereig uSizwe yispoxana sakwaTwitter, I also hope thats new kiiiiiiiii

109. lolington on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:38 pm

eeeeeeh @missTmzee aren’t supplements and multivitamins the same thing?? Calcivita is your best bet for calcium.

110. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:38 pm

death by irisiti yamacelery sticks.

111. FrozenBubblez on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:40 pm

I also don’t like dairy products much MissTmzee and I heard that brocolli is also a source of calcium so I made friends with it…where’s @DieticianForJC to confirm this?

112. missTmzee on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:51 pm

lol @lolington. i dnt know, the multi what what am on is a prescription . am jst worried about my calcium levels, grow old and all such is important.

il snack on brocolli then my champers @Frozenbubbles. i hate pills and adding calcivita on top of these ones,bleh. unles its water soluble :-) . i loove me some corenza type pills.

113. Anga on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:52 pm

@missTmzee I’ve heard ukuthi Almonds are rich in calcium

114. missTmzee on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 2:59 pm

dankie @Anga i love nuts, all sorts ;-)

115. samlicious on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 3:08 pm

ROCKVILLE iyaqala tonight. I cant wait yazi, eish I hope ayizobhora yazi.

116. lwandie on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 3:31 pm

Found this in a Vegan blog,hope it helps you @ MissTmzee,(like any internet info always worth double checking) ,I think measurements are in mg:

NON DAIRY CALCIUM RICH SOURCES

Speciality foods

Carrot juice, fresh 57
    Fish, canned salmon eaten with bones 440
    Fish, canned sardines or mackeral eaten with bones 569
    Molasses, blackstrap 2820, 176.2 per tablespoon
    Molasses, unsulphured 672, 42 per tablespoon
    Sesame butter (unhulled sesame seeds) 1022, 63.9 per tablespoon
    Sesame butter/ tahini from hulled or decorticated seeds 315.2, 19.7 per tablespoon
    Soy beverage, unfortified 9.8
    Soy beverage, calcium-fortified variable, check nutrition information; approx 200
    Tofu, firm, prepared with calcium 1721
    Tofu, regular, prepared with nigari, 260
    Vegetarian support nutritional yeast, variable, check nutrition information

Dark green leafy vegetables Many dark green leafy vegetables have relatively high calcium concentrations. The calcium in spinach is however, somewhat poorly absorbed, probably because of the high concentration of oxalate. The study revealed that kale, a low-oxalate vegetable, is a good source of bioavailable calcium. Kale is a member of the same family that includes broccoli, turnip greens, collard greens and mustard greens. These low-oxalate, calcium-rich vegetables are therefore also likely to be better sources of available calcium

cooked turnip greens 450
    cooked bok choy 330
    cooked collards 300
    cooked spinach 250
    cooked kale 200
    parsley 200
    cooked mustard greens 180
    dandelion greens 150
    romaine lettuce 40
    head lettuce 10

Sprouts

soy 50
    mung 35
    alfalfa 25

Sea vegetables (seaweed)(dried powdered form)

nori 1,200
    kombu 2,100
    wakame 3,500
    agar-agar 1,000, 62.5 per tablespoon

Beans and Peas (cooked, ready to eat)

navy beans 140

Seeds

almonds 750
    hazelnuts (filbert) 450
    walnuts 280
    sesame seeds (whole, unhulled) 2,100
    sunflower seeds 260

The following herbs contain variable amounts of calcium:

borage, lamb’s quarter, wild lettuce, nettles, burdock, yellow dock

Calcium Supplementation:

If you do not consistently get enough calcium from the food alone, consider using a calcium supplement. Take calcium supplements with meals, preferably in powder forms, for best absorption. Take enough calcium to make up the difference you are receiving from your diet and the following table, depending on your age group.

infants 600 mg/day.

children (up to 10 years old) 800 mg/day

teens 1200 mg/day

adults (to age 35) 1200 mg/day

adults (35-50) 1000 mg/day

post-menopausal women 1500 mg/day[/b][/color]

117. Keisha on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 3:43 pm

@MissTzee…o oketse gape ka morogo,dinamone,okra le collard greens…le tsona di na le khalisiamo e ntsi!

R u lactose intolerant?

118. missTmzee on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 3:44 pm

as i copy and paste. thanks @Lwandie. are you vegan?

119. Keisha on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 3:46 pm

@Lwandie…plz post the link for the vegan blog…thanks.

120. missTmzee on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 3:47 pm

nope @Keisha i jst dont like the taste of those products. it seems to be an acquired taste that i never i acquired.
    i always joke with my mom kere ke gore ke gola di seyo mo tlung so my taste buds are not understanding.

her retaliation is always ‘ ao? so red wine o e rateng e o godile o e nwa’ .

121. Keisha on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 3:50 pm

her retaliation is always ‘ ao? so red wine o e rateng e o godile o e nwa’ .

@MissTzze….lol…mama o e tswere neh,o go bone gore o tla ka ditshomo hela….lol

O simolla neng PM sweety??

122. Gomza on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 4:28 pm

Hei@Bumbum i also wear PPE at work, i rock up everyday with washed up jeans and t-shirt, then overall top, with safety boots. My job is not glamorous at all, so i tried to make up my dressing up over the weekend, lol

123. Gomza on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 4:29 pm

*So i try to dress up over the weekends.

124. missTmzee on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 4:40 pm

same here Gomza re ; job dress code and making up on weekends. except i go out of my house on weekends,1 out of 4 weekends of the month.

@Keisha email ya bone e rile material will arrive 1st of july. il let you know as soon as i have it. am soo excited. other bloggers suggested MComm.

jeso :-( madi a batliwang ao. nothing worth having comes cheap tho. il register and hope for the best. much like i regisned and hoped for the best. and got an offer today. so my risk taking ablities are getting stronger.

125. Keisha on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 4:46 pm

@Misstzee…All the best sweets and reckon o go pass(a) ka dinaledi…*wink*.MComm…u better off doing MBA stru,that’s my take.These courses are friggin expensive,ba nagana gore re tsaa madi ao kae mara…*rollseyes*.If the job offer is worth it,why not take it besides reckon ur your really needed in ur sector as they’ve mentioned there’s less of you!

@Gomza…dumela mami..a tsogile sentle le nono bathong??

126. missTmzee on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 4:50 pm

dankie tog @Keisha. il have to pass with flying rainbows. gape ke duela ka ma savings since am unemployed now

127. bumbum on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 4:51 pm

@Gomza mine is not glomourous also but I like wearing my jeans and safety boots, I look sexy in jeans.

128. Keisha on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 4:59 pm

@MissTmzee….Ke kopa o nthuse le nna ga ke simolla go bala.Nna ke dira DIY ka dibuka le notes tsame,hela ke ya go kwadisa gore kgone go kwala ditlhatlhobo in 3months.Ga ke itse gore ke tla kgona go bala le tiro ka moo thoko.Rara a nthuse tlhe!

129. Miranda on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 8:15 pm

@keisha….but Mcomm will take 5 years neh?or is there a shorter (timewise) way of doing it#hiding

On the not so glamorous dress code for work. Haai nna I got tired of hanging clothes in my wardrobe, this winter I am on some coat tip,all my scarfs are being worn regardless of the colour…..they always ask ‘ where are you going after work?’ tltltltltl.lol

130. Keisha on Wed, 19th Jun 2013 8:53 pm

@Miranda….thobela wesho.Aowa,its a 2-year modular programme but don’t know if you can study more than the stipulated time.Gape le yona eya bitja maan.

Le nna ke rata dikhafo and ke sa tlo direka ka bontjhi!Ke rata go dula ke na le sona ebile ke setatetja bekeng yaka!!

131. Miranda on Thu, 20th Jun 2013 4:00 am

ohhhh,nna gape be ke naganne gore o ra yela ya 1st ,2nd,3rd,honours le Masters#hides…nkile ka kwa mongwe a bolela ka yeo ya two years Mara asenke ka kwesisha botse-ere keye goe Google samma

132. Miranda on Thu, 20th Jun 2013 10:07 am

hai nooo. I am failing, perhaps my key words arent close ,can someone share a link to this Mcomm

133. Keisha on Thu, 20th Jun 2013 10:19 am

@Miranda….haaahaaaa….eish….ba tlogo soba…lol!

134. missTmzee on Thu, 20th Jun 2013 2:11 pm

@Miranda il mail you just now

135. Miranda on Fri, 21st Jun 2013 6:18 am

Got the email and replied