Runway Queens

September 18, 2013 by

It’s official British supermodel, Kate Moss
will be gracing the cover of Playboy in January 2014 for it’s 60th anniversary. Graceful and Playboy in one sentence I’ll be damned. 6o years, 6.0 thats how long Hugh Hefner has been making satin pyjamas look dirty.

Kate Moss – Yes she’s 40 next year BOOM!

Reports say that Kate will be wearing nothing but a pair of stockings and bunny ears (what’s new?). The shoot will reportedly take place at the late Gianni Versace’s Miami mansion, a supermodel in a fashion designers home does redeem it, doesn’t it. Moss also turns 40 next year, it’s true 40 is the new 30.

Over in America, supermodel Tyra Banks is exhibiting art work..well… photographs of her imitating past and current supermodels. I have to say this is genius and Tyra does nail the few faces that have been revealed. Amongst the supermodels she will be imitating are Kate Moss, Cindy crawford, Iman, Cara Delevingne.

Here are a few shots of the artwork. FYI no airbrushing has been done, just hair, make-up & lighting.

Tyra Banks as Cindy Crawford

The inspiration – Cindy Crawford

Channeling Kate Moss…I can’t resist quoting Kanye West’s Stronger “…lets get lost tonight, you can be my black Kate Moss tonight…”

The world’s shortest supermodel Kate Moss

Tyra as Cara Delevingne, gangsta

Cara Delevingne I love her un-supermodel-like look, even the weird looking girls from Benoni can make it.*wink*

In Other News: Fashion industry veteran  Bethann Hardison and supermodels Iman and Naomi Campbell have formed an advocacy group called The Diversity Coalition and have lodged complaints about the racist acts of designers not casting models of colour in their runway shows and campaigns. Designers like Armani, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan (DKNY), Victoria Beckham have been some of the fashion houses singled out for the lack of diversity in their casting while Diane Von Forstenburg and Tom Ford have been applauded for their diversity.

Naomi Campbell, Bethann Hardison & Iman

Many designers apparently justify this as more of a creative and vision issue  than anything else. Eh mm *side eye*. According to Iman and Naomi there are less working black models now than there were in their hey days which explains why we never see many of the talented black models who were on shows like Americas Next Top Model and The Face, the jobs out there for black models are few and far between. That said the Diversity Coalition maintains that they are not calling the named fashion houses racist just the act of it, is there a difference?

Your Thoughts?

By Audacioustoni

@audacioustoni

The SABC Messes Up With Bafana vs Sierra Leone
SA's Best Customer Service On Twitter Goes To....
Rihanna Thrills Fans At FNB Stadium, South Africa!!

Comments

9 Comments on "Runway Queens"

1. Mamfundisi on Thu, 19th Sep 2013 2:42 am

Tyra will do absolutely anything to stay relevant.

2. shycandi on Thu, 19th Sep 2013 4:57 am

The angry looks of these last 3 loooool.

3. nomnyamazana on Thu, 19th Sep 2013 6:54 am

I think Tyra Banks is one of the most genuine person ever! That is the vibe I get about her when I see her on tv, the fact that she makes it her lifes mission to make little girls and women feel better about their bodies is the reason I admire her, she knows how cut throat the industry is, I mean there’s that story when she faced Naomi Campbell on her show about Naomi bullying and making her feel inadequate. Uyangchaza maan losisi! Don’t know about Babalwa Mneno comparing herself to Tyra thou, like akanyi?

4. Prince George Alexander Louis on Thu, 19th Sep 2013 7:39 am

Eish Cindy Crawford abantu badala man.

I rmember those covered my school books with posters hehehehe

5. BrookeLogan on Thu, 19th Sep 2013 8:39 am

Mubi kodwa uKate Moss supermodel or not

6. ZuluGirl on Thu, 19th Sep 2013 9:13 am

Babalwa uthi ufana no Tyra? Wishes, wishes!

7. HotB on Thu, 19th Sep 2013 10:59 am

Errrrm OK!

8. MissyB on Thu, 19th Sep 2013 6:48 pm

Loving Kate’s outfit in the 1st pic.
    Hehehe, Babs a re she’s like Tyra?? But!?

Ya neh, racism ena ya tena. Can’t we all just get along

9. Pixie on Thu, 19th Sep 2013 9:11 pm

LOL. Yall are messy. But I do believe that Babalwa does have resemblance ya Tyra. The only time I pulled my head aaaall the way back and fell off the couch was when Babalwa was on BBA. She said and I quote “people always tell me I look like Tyra and Ciara”… She looks NOTHING like Ciara. I was like “yhuuuu wethu, Ciara? Phi?!?!”.

Reminds me of Kenya Moore of RHOA, “everyday somebody thinks I’m Beyonce”. LMAO

You must be logged in to post a comment.