In The News
Such a challenge running a “gossip” blog when the local gossip is so boring if not non-existent… *sigh* Like as nonsensical as it is for Sunday Sun to resort to writing about celebs with runny tummies, I understand it does get dry la emzansi.
On to what’s in the news…
Oscar Pistorius Trial was the talk of the week last week when his murder trial resumed in Pretoria and he will still continue to be the talk of the town because it continues again last week. I am sadly unable to watch/listen due to work so I catch highlights here and there… From the first week, I can’t really tell what direction it’s going. All we know is that his defence lawyer, Barry Roux, is one of the best out there… the guy is annoying. To those of us who want to see Oscar behind bars for this murder. One of the craziest things to come out of the trial so far was the claim that Oscar screams like a girl lol. Wish I was at home and could watch it all day… I’m always intrigued by court drama and the rules applicable there. Especially now that The Good Wife is off air… *sigh*
The above was comedian, John Vlismas’ response to people calling Oscar’s trial a “Trial of The Century.” He thinks it does not deserve the title.
Oh, and on that Taylor and Ridge fling story on the cover, they were both single so… don’t expect juice. The part about her meeting her husband online is cute though. How a star also had to go there to find love. Interesting.
We thank Almighty for the absent Soapie reference in this cover. We will call the Move this week. Kanti Lundi bleached his skin too?? LOL bhuti is dabbling in EVERYTHING huh? I”m waiting for him to get a role on Muvhango too… seeing that everyone gets a role there.
As for Sbu vs EFF… I”m so not interested… Read last week that EFF members in Limpopo were burning CDs coz he called them ibhari. These elections need to come and go… sivile.
Only put this here coz I thought you’d like to see the Pearl/Da Les picture… The rest of the stuff we’ve already read on US blogs.
Have any of you seen the Winnie movie? It is getting trashed in the local press… I need to watch it myself.
lol but the things people will do for useless publicity! So Lagosh is now spillling his heart out to Drum about the alleged relationship between him and Sophie… and guess why? He’s releasing an album soon.
So he denies ever dating Sophie, says that they were business partners, Sophie believed in his music and she’s not his type, he’s famous for dating pretty models and Sophie is nowhere near that. He says this after boasting about how they are still cool and I’m like wow… and you say this about someone you are friends with? And then the guy, the same one we know ONLY because he was rumoured to be dating Sophie , says that the Ben 10 rumours were tarnishing his brand. WHAT BRAND???
He also says he dated Nonhle.
I really feel like people need to give Sophie Ndaba a break… the woman has had enough drama with men hleng…
Really, this must be one of the funniest things to come out last week.
So Marawa was supposed to have his Metrofm Show broadcast live from FNB Stadium for the Brazil/ Bafana Bafana game but there were technical problems so this could not happen, and apparently there was music instead. Then he tweeted that…..
…. and this.
He’s the only person at Metro with guts to tweet something like this. Basically, he’s the only one who ain’t scared of losing his Metro job. Coz he knows nje they need him.
According to Sunday World, SABC/Metro is investigating the matter and they feel he’s gone a bit too far… Sjoe.. I knew he is bold but even I am shocked at these tweets. Yhu isibindi esingaka… let’s see what happens.. heheheh
In other Headlines:
- Generations actors are threatening to strike again… Someone take this show off air please.
- Some Mrs Stella Buthelezi threw a glass of champagne at Terry Pheto for allegedly asking her billionaire husband for money. The businessman is called Bruce Buthelezi.
- Zwai Bala has opened a case of assault against his fellow TKZee member, Tokollo Magesh Tshabalala who swore at him and hit him in the face with a sharp object. *sigh* Are we back in the 90s yini? Amadoda amadala kangaka. Magesh was arrested, out on R1000 bail and the case will be heard in court next month.
- Pearl Thusi wore Lootlove’s 2nd dress at the Metros. You know one of her many wardrobe changes during the show, she took a dress Luthando was supposed to wear when presenting an award without asking for permission. Apparently Luthando was crying backstage, and Pearl says it was a mistake blah blah blah… *Cues the Bonang/Minnie LIVE days*
- Apparently Lerato Moloi (the actress) is back with baby daddy Collen Mashawane. Team Happy Endings.
- Thandie Newton recently gave birth to a baby boy, I didn’t even know she was pregnant… which is shameful because she’s one of my fave actresses.
In shocking news headlines… did you guys see this video of Police Brutality in Cape Town?? Shocking!!
Enjoy another Oscar week…