In The News

March 10, 2014 by

Such a challenge running a “gossip” blog when the local gossip is so boring if not non-existent… *sigh* Like as nonsensical as it is for Sunday Sun to resort to writing about celebs with runny tummies, I understand it does get dry la emzansi.

On to what’s in the news…

Oscar Pistorius Trial was the talk of the week last week when his murder trial resumed in Pretoria and he will still continue to be the talk of the town because it continues again last week. I am sadly unable to watch/listen due to work so I catch highlights here and there… From the first week, I can’t really tell what direction it’s going. All we know is that his defence lawyer, Barry Roux, is one of the best out there… the guy is annoying. To those of us who want to see Oscar behind bars for this murder. One of the craziest things to come out of the trial so far was the claim that Oscar screams like a girl lol.  Wish I was at home and could watch it all day… I’m always intrigued by court drama and the rules applicable there. Especially now that The Good Wife is off air… *sigh*

The above was comedian, John Vlismas’ response to people calling Oscar’s trial a “Trial of The Century.” He thinks it does not deserve the title.

Oh, and on that Taylor and Ridge fling story on the cover, they were both single so… don’t expect juice. The part about her meeting her husband online is cute though. How a star also had to go there to find love. Interesting.

We thank Almighty for the absent Soapie reference in this cover. We will call the Move this week. Kanti Lundi bleached his skin too?? LOL bhuti is dabbling in EVERYTHING huh? I”m waiting for him to get a role on Muvhango too… seeing that everyone gets a role there.

As for Sbu vs EFF… I”m so not interested…  Read last week that EFF members in Limpopo were burning CDs coz he called them ibhari. These elections need to come and go… sivile.

Only put this here coz I thought you’d like to see the Pearl/Da Les picture… The rest of the stuff we’ve already read on US blogs.

Have any of you seen the Winnie movie? It is getting trashed in the local press… I need to watch it myself.

lol but the things people will do for useless publicity! So Lagosh is now spillling his heart out to Drum about the alleged relationship between him and Sophie… and guess why? He’s releasing an album soon.

So he denies ever dating Sophie, says that they were business partners, Sophie believed in his music and she’s not his type, he’s famous for dating pretty models and Sophie is nowhere near that. He says this after boasting about how they are still cool and I’m like wow… and you say this about someone you are friends with? And then the guy, the same one we know ONLY because he was rumoured to be dating Sophie , says that the Ben 10 rumours were tarnishing his brand. WHAT BRAND???

He also says he dated Nonhle.

*Yawn*

I really feel like people need to give Sophie Ndaba a break… the woman has had enough drama with men hleng…

Really, this must be one of the funniest things to come out last week.

So Marawa was supposed to have his Metrofm Show broadcast live from FNB Stadium for the Brazil/ Bafana Bafana game but there were technical problems so this could not happen, and apparently there was music instead. Then he tweeted that…..

…. and this.

He’s the only person at Metro with guts to tweet something like this. Basically, he’s the only one who ain’t scared of losing his Metro job. Coz he knows nje they need him.
According to Sunday World, SABC/Metro is investigating the matter and they feel he’s gone a bit too far… Sjoe.. I knew he is bold but even I am shocked at these tweets. Yhu isibindi esingaka…  let’s see what happens.. heheheh

In other Headlines:

• Generations actors are threatening to strike again… Someone take this show off air please.
  • Some Mrs Stella Buthelezi threw a glass of champagne at Terry Pheto for allegedly asking her billionaire husband for money. The businessman is called Bruce Buthelezi.
  • Zwai Bala has opened a case of assault against his fellow TKZee member, Tokollo Magesh Tshabalala who swore at him and hit him in the face with a sharp object. *sigh* Are we back in the 90s yini? Amadoda amadala kangaka. Magesh was arrested, out on R1000 bail and the case will be heard in court next month.
  • Pearl Thusi wore Lootlove’s 2nd dress at the Metros. You know one of her many wardrobe changes during the show, she took a dress Luthando was supposed to wear when presenting an award without asking for permission. Apparently Luthando was crying backstage, and Pearl says it was a mistake blah blah blah…  *Cues the Bonang/Minnie LIVE days*
  • Apparently Lerato Moloi (the actress) is back with baby daddy Collen Mashawane. Team Happy Endings.
  • Thandie Newton recently gave birth to a baby boy, I didn’t even know she was pregnant… which is shameful because she’s one of my fave actresses.

In shocking news headlines… did you guys see this video of Police Brutality in Cape Town?? Shocking!!

Enjoy another Oscar week…

Oh My Lady Gaga! Tjo!
SAMA 17 Goodie Bag...
Kemiso Motaung Speaks On The Bobby Saga

Comments

61 Comments on "In The News"

1. Just Call Me Mash... on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 4:03 am

Rob can leave Metro, PowerFM needs him more. Yellow dress lady onfa problem, attention seeker of note. Hunter Tylo is brave man, anyone who goes looking for love online is brave eintlik! Halle Berry also gave birth to a babyboy, congrats to her! Is Pearl admitting to dating Da Les? Does Aaron confirm or deny the gay rumours? Lundi has always been a yellow bone mos, how yellow can you get?? I’m interested in more details on Pearl wearing Loot’s dress, how was it a mistake when it was apparently on Loot’s rail? Sabotage?? Jealousy? Loot got verified, and Pearl aint…but she’s been everywhere! I read about Tina and Prosper and yet I haven’t heard a single song from Tina, don’t know what her voice sounds like, don’t know if she can dance…nex!!

2. Miranda on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 6:25 am

Pearl Thusi and DA les!!! Hayi he looks too young and boyish for her.

after seeing this post, I googled Pearls age and ’1988′ came up…..#iwasneverready

3. nzalama on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 7:03 am

Shame Terry Phetho, I wonder what games is she playing cause I know who she is dating. Entlik beautiful woman dating married businessman are not suppose to ask for money via sms. Lol. The man must give her an allowance for R20 000, 30, 40k etc every month. My pride doesn’t allow me to ask for money. A man should make it his responsibility to make sure that my bank balance is okey.

4. Beautiful-Butterfly on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 7:14 am

The Pearl and Da Les- the only person I feel sorry for is the baby mama. Imagine being left with an infant while daddy is on every tabloid newspaper. The hurt! Shame!

Sophie Ndaba should stay out of the news. She is too old and well we have seen it all after Themba. He must be thanking his lucky stars for the divorce.

Move doesn’t respect its readers, same goes for the popular mag.

Well the line-up change is near at Metro. Maybe Rob Rob is on his way out. Didn’t they say he cannot have both Supersport and Sabc gigs? Something about cutting “freelancers” at welfare

5. Cnglema on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 7:41 am

Pearl 88? Yo I’m 85 then! Akho lonto apha!

6. Cnglema on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 7:46 am

Tjo if beautiful women like Terry bayabiznisa nabo besingobani ke thina lol! Mara you don’t ask for side dishing fees via SMS yini! Maybe the dude was late with the transfer and rent needed to be paid.

7. Mapakisha on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 8:43 am

Pearl denied the DA LES rumours on the saturday show ya hae le Phat Joe, she explained that she & Da Les are good friends and nothing more.

Lagosh has always like women that provide.. long ago he dated a woman who let him drive her X5, she worked for SAA.

I love Boity so much – her booty too.

Oscar Pistorious must rot in jail.

8. missTmzee on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 8:47 am

Under 30s with a undergraduate qualification there’s an intership with the graca machel foundation. Check http://www.thebrenthurstfoundation.org
    Applications close 31 March 2014

9. Mojito on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 8:49 am

@Cnglema Pearl was born in 1988 nyani.
    Yho! Terry Pheto & Buthel!

10. Vesa on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:05 am

So the dress fiasco is what had Pearl giving an oscar winning performance in the middle of the ICC last Saturday? The way she was going in at Koyo, I felt sorry for him because he just stood there trying to explain himself while Pearl was giving a performance of her life for all to see. Twas soo unnecessary though

11. Vesa on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:08 am

@nzalama…go on and tell us who Terry is dating

12. Vesa on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:13 am

Lol, Robert Marawa is tired! Even calling his station Sabotagefm!

13. Beautiful-Butterfly on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:30 am

Pearl 88? Isn’t she the same one who dated and has a kid with Walter Mokoena? If she is 26 this year then Walter was chicken murdering her

14. Sk1 on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:32 am

Pearl 88? Yo I’m 85 then! Akho lonto apha!
    Hahaha kunzima kwi celebville bayehlisa iminyaka

Please leave Sophie alone , naye she deserves a break and a taste of happiness.

Tokollo and Zwai couldn’t they sat down and talk this through njenga majita. I thought they were friends oh well!

15. Mary Jane on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:34 am

Guys kodwa Da Les and the Baby mama are cool. I can confidently say that they all live together in his mamas house – no beef at all, he can date Pearl mos?
    As for Terry asking for money when she is dating a well off Joburg guy? hahahahahaha Mzansi!

16. Mary Jane on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:40 am

Tokollo is a druggie, so like Bonang he will react abnormally to what could have been a simple misunderstanding

17. Miranda on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:43 am

Exactly my point @Cnglema

18. missTmzee on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:47 am

@BB thanks for that milk overnight mask. My face responded positively hle :-) I use it 3times a week

19. shycandi on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 10:09 am

hahahahahahahah OMG OMG i thought this Terry story was a joke bathong! Claps twice!!!!!!!!! hahahaha whuuuuuuuuuuu

20. Fab Tee on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 11:30 am

Speaking of chicken murder vibes that Stella Buthelezi also looks older than her Bruce and the way she is always posting a pic of her and her husband on insta Im not surprised of the way she reacted to the alleged Terry incident hayi akadlali ngoBruce wakhe shem lonto baphila kamnandi shem overseas trips and all #mustbenice

21. FunkyFK on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 12:53 pm

Tjo tjo tjo – bathi uOskido is busy trumpeting ngomlomo as they show Reeva’s body.

22. Keisha on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 12:59 pm

Terry Pheto…tjo,ha di tshabe stru!The LaGosh name rhymes along with lagosha….so,Sophie is better off without these Lagosha men!

23. Ms Alba on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 1:02 pm

Mary Jane are you saying Da Les stays with his baby mama but they are not together??

24. Blacque on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 1:15 pm

missTmzee Please share the mask mask

25. Kenya on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 1:19 pm

I once heard Pearl is dating Squinzo(real name Quentin) tv producer. I was also shocked that Pearl is my age bathong! She looks 28/29. That dress story if true, then Pearl is a cow for doing such!

Is Boity seeing Maps?

26. Mojito on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 1:55 pm

@Fab Tee la Stella ukhangeleka engumama nyani. Does anyone know where this happened Stella & Terry run in???

27. Smatsatsa sa Welkom on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 1:57 pm

@nzalama feel free to share what you know about Terry, this is safe environment.
    Kana how does that saying go:”men won’t stop cheating as long as there is a willing participant”… Bo Terry ha ba di tshabe stru.
    Reminds of Diopela who was openly dating Romeo Khumalo and her friends(Sonia and crew) saw nothing wrong with it.
    Bofebe ba bora maan, nxa!

Stella does look older than hubby, I see them at church no and then and ekare aunt and nephew… :(

28. Keisha on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 2:03 pm

@Smatsatsa…o re Diopela o ne a jola le Romeo…0_0…tjo…that’s an elephant liver right there!Yena nkare she goes for the pocket period,ha a na nako shem!!

29. Smatsatsa sa Welkom on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 2:05 pm

@Keisha, yes ausi. It was an open secret. This is not hearsay….

30. Keisha on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 3:42 pm

@S’tsatsa…tjo,ne ke sa tsebe!I wonder hore o ho kae joale??

31. dibobo on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 4:26 pm

Smatsatsa that’s not true, Diopelo was dating Gerry Rantseli’s hubby, hence they divorced. Gerry and hubby were best friends with the Kumalos back then. We need buckets of salt for some of the info we are fed here, inaccuracies!!!!

32. Keisha on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 4:31 pm

@Dibobo…wa reng nah??So,o ne a jola le Alex and who’s the dude who once bought him a mini and was paying the townhouse in the Northern Suburbs??

Etlang ka tsona…*loungesonsofa&sipsonskinnylatte*

33. Sk1 on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 4:36 pm

*sits next to Keisha .. etlang ka tsona* :-)

34. Smatsatsa sa Welkom on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 4:48 pm

Point of correction:
    Diopela was openly dating Romeo Khumalo, when he was heading up Vodacom Tanzania she frequently visited him…and I mean frequently. When she fell pregnant, everyone who knows about the relationship thought it was Romeos but Dipole told them it was a business man who is “annonymous”. Basie knew very well about Diopela but because but was not prepared to go public with it. Diopela is gooooood friends with Sonia , Tumi , Lisa etc. this is NOT hearsay, had I not not witnessed it myself I would be saying otherwise. She might have hooked up with Gerry’s hubby but Roneo Khumalo has always been her “regte”. Need more proof?

35. Maihlomeihlasele on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 4:50 pm

Heeeeee le bohata hleng

36. Smatsatsa sa Welkom on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 4:52 pm

Again, why would I lie about something that was leaked/reported by Sunday World in 2011 and quickly squashed when Romeo involved his lawyers? This because he moved from Tanzania to Vodacom Group International and his reputation needed to be saved?! Suka!
    Keep your salt for someone else!

37. Honey on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 4:58 pm

Diopelo WAS good friends with Sonia, Tumi and still friends with Lisa. Their friendship ended when Sonia took Leslie from Diopelo

38. kamza on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 5:04 pm

Thank you smatsatsa for mgozi! Salt for what? Keep the salt to yourself please

P

39. Keisha on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 5:22 pm

Hehehe»»»»Their friendship ended when Sonia took Leslie from Diopelo.So,o shapilwe ka stena vele….lmao.Ke eng nkare e ne e le Rubber??

@S’tsatsa…Dankie san!So,Diopela was keeping the 100% egyptian cotton sheets warm for Romeo.No wonder…#tjo#.Joale,who is she seeing now?

*handsskinnylattetoSK1*

40. Smatsatsa sa Welkom on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 5:26 pm

A bit of reference: http://www.entertainmentafrica.mobi/music/view/news/27541

41. Keisha on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 5:45 pm

Tjo…sy was besieg mos,o ne a sidlalisa ne!

42. Ms Alba on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 5:59 pm

Oscar o tlhotse a tlhatsetsa batho kwa court…TJO!

43. Fab Tee on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 6:38 pm

Uphi udibobo nesalt yakhe ngoku!? Anibathandi abantu abaxokayo yhu!lol

44. nzalama on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 7:32 pm

Eish sorry, I have been working double shift today. Lol the last time I checked, terry was dating Mzwandile Masina(ANC). Maybe they are history. Terry ke tswotswi. She is dangerous while quiet.

45. Nerlee on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 8:15 pm

Aba sisi bahle bana manyala kodwa, nor wonder Sonia is so obsessed within being a Pefect family ugcwalisela uLiopelo.

The love I have for Terry I’ll pretend I did not read such about her #LoyalFan

These monied married men azi sheli kanje ku Linkedin all I need is a liver then I’m in this cake business then I hash tag insta-what insta-where insta-shoe game insta-Blessed waya waya

46. Sk1 on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 8:43 pm

*takeslattefromKeisha andsips* thanks mmmhh the thirst

47. Sk1 on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 8:45 pm

@Fab Tee uyambona kodwa uBafo? :-) :-) hahah

48. Fab Tee on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 8:51 pm

Hahaha yes dude is funny AF! Just hope they find Zungu tonight! The way im sitting at the edge of my seat!

49. nzalama on Mon, 10th Mar 2014 9:07 pm

Remind me, who is diopelo? So lerato moloi is back with hubby,what happened to the woman he was dating? Life ke masepa straight.

50. Lopi on Tue, 11th Mar 2014 8:55 am

Nam ndingu Terry i would have asked Mr Bruce to give cash…nigga is balling…they just bought their son a BMW X4 for his 12th birthday…SERIOUSLY!

51. Pnut on Tue, 11th Mar 2014 9:49 am

So I go into google to check this Bruce and Stella Buthelezi and guess what? someone has already goggled his net worth tjo batho ba jc le gevaarlik…haha

52. itsZeeBish on Tue, 11th Mar 2014 9:59 am

How does it happen that the side dish and the wife end up in the same place? Bruce is careless man and he doesn’t respect his wife.

The champagne pouring story is true and did happen. Terry has been dating Bruce for a while now and apparently wifey knows all about it. Maybe she just couldn’t handle it anymore. TJO muhle phela uTerry, I would also lose my mind.

53. Pnut on Tue, 11th Mar 2014 10:38 am

Terry is really deep into married men, remember before she went big she was dating some married man who rented a place for her ko kasi blha blha…

Such a beautiful hard working woman and no man to make an honest woman out of her? like someone said here “life ke masepa”…

54. Smatsatsa sa Welkom on Tue, 11th Mar 2014 10:49 am

Your self esteem must really be sweeping the floor for you ,as a well known actress, to resort to being a side chick. The love of money has a lot of people acting the fool. Terry’s candle holders and worshippers need to talk sense into her because, Quite frankly, she’s in the same league as all the other gold diggers that have been exposed. The problem here is that Terry is no different to Khanyi Mbau, she’s a classier version. Pathetic really, with all the limelight and status she still has a lot of hood in her. FOOLERY!

55. Cnglema on Tue, 11th Mar 2014 11:02 am

Guys Diopela ke mang? Diopela Maphathe from Backstage way back in the day?

56. Keisha on Tue, 11th Mar 2014 11:32 am

Couldn’t Terry hook up with some African-American brother-nyana for the sake of control??Did she have to stoop that low to be an SD…*clapsonce*.Someone needs to hook her up with prince charming,surely there might be someone who will be keen to date her!!!

57. Cnglema on Tue, 11th Mar 2014 11:38 am

lol@Keisha! someoone like Texas Battle weB&B or umlungu waphesheya atleast since ethanda imali.

58. Keisha on Tue, 11th Mar 2014 11:44 am

Lol»»»»someoone like Texas Battle weB&B.Ngathi ngiy’bona wearing the cowboy boots and the hat!!

So,the Busheleliz are sheleling in monies having to buy a 12yrs old boy an X4…ja neh!Go monate ko Mzanzi mara Money can never buy happiness period! …MaButhelezi must khablenj and keep her dog on the leash!!

59. FancyFace on Wed, 12th Mar 2014 1:25 am

@Nerlee uyqndigqiba with your Insta-what-whats!! Hahahaha. Im so happy bloggers aren’t so stingy with mgosi. Yhu iyadika into yokuvinjwa indaba zabantu because we are curious like that. I also want the Milk what-what, do share tu.

60. Vesa on Wed, 12th Mar 2014 8:54 am

Lol!

61. Bigmama on Wed, 12th Mar 2014 10:30 am

Well said @vesa..
    She likes being a sidedish…. Do your remember how she came into the industry..
    Le Mr Elba o bone gore Motho o gaze mosadi